Status: COMMENT

The Amazing Journey

Things Change

June 7, 1778

I awoke to the sun's rays pouring down my cheeks. I sat up and lingerly stretched before noticing there was a male presence in the room.

"Hello my dear Josie." he said as he quickly moved from his place on the window seat to the side of my bed before asking, "Did you sleep well? He leaned in to tuck a stray strand of my coppery auburn red hair behind my ear.
"Yes I slept just fine. First actual bed I've slept in for a very long time. It's just right for my body, like it was made just for me." I commented, leaning back against the headboard.
"It WAS made for you." he said, closing the distance in between us before stating, "Maybe I want to be close to you my dear." He started to stroke my cheek, making me feel very uncomfortable.

My heart was beating erratically, my breathing was quicker and shorter, and my whole body blushed deep red. But I couldn't let my emotions have control over me so eaily. I was Captain Josefina Hart and I was one force to be reckoned with.

""Well, I don't want to be close Captain Joseph." I said; my voice faltering a little as he continued to touch my cheek.
"You don't sound so sure Josie." he said, chuckling at the sight of me.

I smacked his hand away as he tried to move out of his way but he caught me by my long curly hair. He pulled me back down to him where I was below him, forcing me to look up into his stormy blue eyes. He just stared into my watering eyes, intimidating me but I just stared back. His eyes spoke bold threats, scaring me into submission.

I may be a pirate but I am still a woman. No matter my skill or bravery; this man knew all my secrets and he threatened me with them like no other could.

"Good girl. Now listen. I'm not going to put up with your foul attitude. When I say I want something from you; you better use that common sense of yours and obey. Do you understand Miss Josefina?" he asked, forcing me to nod my head. "Now there will be no more women pantaloons on my ship, but, dresses of modest nature. You will speak without your accent. Your men are gone and your pirating days are over as long as you're on my ship. Miss Josefina, this is your home now and will be for a very long time." he continued, firmly setting down his law.

"So am I to be your prisoner for the rest of my days?" I asked, trying to keep from crying.

"Miss Josefina, I would prefer something else from you but if that is how you feel about it then yes. You're doomed to be mine forever." he said as he brought his lips to my hand again.

"Captain, if I must be your prisoner then call me Jo or Josie but not Josefina." I said indifferently to the tone of his voice.
"No, Miss Josefina, you will be called by that name because you are a LADY now and not some pirate wench anymore." he whispered in my ear before letting go of my hair. I immediately snapped and pushed him off of me, rolling us over to where I was on top of him. I punched him in the face twice, making his nose bleed in the process. After some struggle, he caught my hands, clutching at them before rolling us over. He pinned my body down his, forcing his lips onto mine as I fought against him.

He brushed the hair from my face, softly easing the fallen strands out of my eyes before slapping me hard on my face. “Now, hear me. This is your final and first warning; If you ever even think of hitting me or hurting me again then I will disembowel you. Understand? Nod your head if you do.” He said as his hands moved my head up and down before walking out of the room.
♠ ♠ ♠
This is a better reprint of what I wrote...