Status: Active

OneShots

And All Things Will End

Matt was sitting with his friends, as always. He and his friends were at a café in their hometown of Huntington Beach, California; when they saw a girl walk by that they went to high school with. “Hey guys do you remember her?” Matt asked.
“Yea, her name is Lizzie. Dude we use to be best friends before we got famous.” Jimmy said
“Yea, we saved her from being bullied. She’s quite nice” Zacky said
“Why are you asking?” Brian said
“She looked so sad when she walked by” Matt said.
“Oh, well why don’t you go after her and ask her to join us” Johnny said with a smile
“Yea.” Matt said as he got up out of his chair and ran towards the girl.

Once he caught up to her, he tapped her shoulder and she spun around. And the look that she gave him almost made him die inside. “Lizzie, do you remember me?” Matt asked
“Yea, I do” she responded bitterly
“Well me and the guys were hoping that you’d join us. We haven’t ordered yet and it would be nice to catch up on things” Matt said
“Why?” Lizzie asked in the same manner
“Why are you being so cold?” Matt asked
“You don’t remember?” Lizzie asked
“I really don’t know what you are talking about. So why don’t you join us at the table and you can tell us all about it” Matt said.
Lizzie really didn’t want to; she just wanted to forget about them and see them as a band that she doesn’t know the members to. Matt almost dragged her to the table, she was trying not to go there. Jimmy saw her coming and made a seat for her. “Lizzie it’s so nice to see you!” Jimmy said
“Yea” Lizzie said, as she felt herself becoming closed again. Matt sat next to her and tried to get her t not be so nervous. She just started nodding her head like they had said something to her. “Ummm so how have you been?” Zacky asked
“Peachy” Lizzie said with a tone
“Awe, what happened?” Matt asked concerned

“Do you really want to know?” Lizzie asked
“Yes I do” Matt said making it clear that he was concerned about her.
“Well you remember me in high school; I was a loner and shy and got bullied a lot. Then you came and rescued me from that. You stood up for me, made people actually see me. Well that all went away when you left. I went through college a loner again. Had a couple of relationships where it was abusive. I’ve had a lot of things go badly since you left. And I would’ve been able to handle it better if there was a way to contact you, talk to you, vent to you. And even meet up if you were in town. But no, you got famous and left. That’s it. You just left and I had no support team, no real friends. Everything that made my life so colorful suddenly turned black and white. I’m sorry, I …… I must be going” Lizzie said and before anyone could say a word or do anything she flew out of her chair and ran down the street in the direction she was originally going.

The guys all sat there stunned. It never dawned on them that she was hurt by them; especially since Matt remembers them promising to never be like everyone else to her and either hurt her or ignore her. But when they got famous, they forgot one important friend to them in the mists of getting famous. The craziness that they went through and now how it all seems normally for them. Matt tried to look around for her but she was out of site; nowhere to be seen. Matt knew that he’d have to make it up to her, he had to. Val had left him because she got too lonely when he was gone and couldn’t afford to go on tour with him. So he knows what it’s like to be all left alone. And he was going to make it up to her.

The next day, Matt spend all day looking up and trying to find Lizzie and where she works. He found her by doing a reverse search. He got her phone number; and then he looked her up on Facebook to see where she worked. He decided he’d go to her work tomorrow and talk to her. He was kind of nervous now because he didn’t want her to get mad at him for showing up at her work. But he needed her to see that he was sorry.

Tomorrow came and he got ready for the day. He got her some flowers and went to her place of work. And he found out that it was her day off. Even though it’s against policy to share addresses for employees to customers, her boss told him where he could find her; most because they knew he was in the band Avenged Sevenfold and how much Lizzie loved that band. Matt was thankful, and was soon knocking at Lizzie’s door with flowers in his hands. She answered the door and almost slammed it shut once she saw it was Matt.

“Lizzie please let me in” Matt begged until she did, just so he’d shut up. Once he was inside he wrapped his arms around Lizzie and held her close to him. “I’m so sorry; so very sorry. We weren’t true friends and let the craziness of being famous get in the way of us being true to ourselves. I, we, never meant to hurt you at all. Please let us back in your life. I beg of you please. I promise from now on no one will ever hurt you again, I promise on my life.” Matt pleaded softly into her ear. She didn’t say anything as silent tears ran down her face. She remembers like it was yesterday how Matt’s the only one that can make her drop her whole guard.

Lizzie just nodded her head as she couldn’t find her voice at the moment. Her arms tightened around Matt as he made his way to the couch. He sat down, making Lizzie sit on his lap and he let her cry as he held her so close. Matt kept calming her down and saying “it’s going to be okay” over and over again. Lizzie soon found herself doing something she never would do; she pulled Matt in for a kiss. And what surprised her was that instead of pushing away like she thought he would, he deepened the kiss.