The MiRiKi Member's and Their Pasts.

Mink's Past

Up until she was 11, Mink lived with three other members of her family. Her mother (Usagi), her father (Ichiro), and her twin sister (Setsuko). They lived in a run down apartment in a bad neighborhood. Mink's father was bipolar, and became very controlling over every aspect of their lives, to the point where Usagi could not go out for groceries without approval. She wanted a better life for her children, and saw only one way out. It was time to leave.

--------------------------------------------------------------

Twins Mink and Setsuko sat at the table with their mother. A typical dinner sat untouched in front of the girls, ready to be eaten at any moment.

"I'm hungry!" Setsuko whined.

"Suko! We have to wait for Daddy!" said Mink. She knew that if they ate without Daddy, he would be very mad. 'If I'm very good, then maybe Daddy won't be so upset. The he can see the book I read today!' she thought. Usagi cleared her throat to get the twins' attention.

“Girls, would you help Mommy clear the table?” The girls looked at their Mama, confused.

“But what about Daddy?” Mink asked.

“Never mind him, what about us?! I’m hungry Mama!” Setsuko said. Usagi only smiled.

“I have a surprise for you two!” She said. “We’re going on a long trip to Auntie Yuna’s house. Don’t worry Setsuko, we’ll eat on the way there. But we have to hurry and leave okay? Make sure to pack your big suitcases okay?”

“Yes Mama!” Mink and Setsuko said together. They ran down the hall to their small shared room and began to pack their things.

A little while later, the girls were packed and ready to go. A thought struck Mink for a moment.

“Mama, what about Daddy? He’s coming with us, right?”

“Daddy is going to meet us there much later. But you don’t need to worry, okay?” She hated lying to Mink and Suko, but it had to be done. “Now, let’s go. The taxi is here.” As they walked out, Mink stole one last glance at her home. She knew they wouldn’t be coming back.

------------------------------------------

(One Week Later)

“Mink! Suko! You girls have company!” Usagi called up the stairs. The girls came running down the stairs to find two other girls standing at the door. Mink had seen them playing outside over the past couple days, but she never went over to introduce herself. One girl had dark, dark hair. The other had bright red hair.

“Hi!” The red-haired girl said. “I’m Kisa Hiruki, and this is Rin Sonkio.” She gestured to the dark-haired girl. Mink smiled at both of them, but Rin didn’t seem to be paying attention. Her and Setsuko were locked in a glare.

“I don’t like you.” They said at the same time. They both looked surprised. “Stop copying me!” again, in tandem. “I’m not! You don’t even know me! Ahhh!” By then they were inches away, still glaring in fury.

“I bet I can beat you in a race.” Rin challenged.

“Game on.” Setsuko snapped. They both bolted out the door. Kisa and Mink looked after them in shock.

“Well that was weird.” Mink said. Kisa nodded. “I’m Mink, and that was my twin, Setsuko. Nice to meet you!” she held out her hand. Kisa smiled and shook it.

“I have a feeling we’re all going to be great friends.” Kisa said. Mink laughed and nodded.

“C’mon, let’s go watch them.”

And so began the Adventures.
♠ ♠ ♠
Oh my gosh, I don't know why it was so hard to write this! Haha. Enjoy!
-Mi