Status: Looking for co-authors

Forever They Will Be Secrets To Me

Secret #38

Sometimes I wonder if anyone knows I’m here, the real me. They all look at me, smile, and think they know who I am. I just stare back and nod along, and smile when I think I’m happy. The truth is, even know I act like I’m the bright and shiny object like the glowing ball in the sky during the daytime, I really am the dark edge of an eclipse waiting to get out of the darkness it seals me into. I am selfish because I pushed the person I truly do believe I loved into the darkness because I was scared. I have low-self esteem because every time I look in that mirror, I am not satisfied with what looks back at me…a spitting image of who I think I am, the one who everyone calls beautiful and gorgeous even know I believe they have to in order to keep me happy just because they care. And I call myself fearless, because I’m afraid of what people will do when they find out I am actually weak, and because I am afraid of myself for the fear of all of my barriers made of emotional strength will come crashing down. All of the things people don’t want to believe I am is a selfless lie to themselves, and are selfish like me, because I am me. Simply Sammy.