Status: Keep in mind that I wrote this during my 7th or 8th grade year.

You're Just Different

He Never Saw Her Coming

After going for a long run, Shane Thomas decided to take a break on a small grassy hill. He sat there breathing heavily with sweat cascading down his red cheeks. He took his huge headphones off and let them hang on his shoulders with the headphones hanging around his neck. The Cure was still playing on his ipod.

As soon as the song switched from Just Like Heaven to A Letter to Elise, a girl passed by. Not any ordinary girl. She wasn't your usual 'wanna-be-skater-but-I-wear-hollister-too' kind of girl. She had shoulder-length light pink hair, yes PINK! She was a little shorter than me and wore a short yellow sun dress. It was decorated with white flowers she wore a thick white headband that matched her white flip flops.

Then out of no where she looked at him and smiled. He thought he was going to pass out from all the heat and from this very pretty girl.

"Hey you like The Cure?" She spoke. He could see her blue eyes totally looking him. At least he hopes they were; or maybe his hair was a hot mess or maybe he looked red or something.

"Hell Yeah!" Shane said proudly,"Hold up! How do you know them, I mean a girls usually like Drake or Lil' Wayne?"

"Well you shouldn't really judge people; don't ya think?" The way the words sounded were so sweet even though she was basically telling me off.

"Well my name's Shane," He introduced himself,"Your name is?"

"None of ya business," She smiled at him in a way that there would be no way for him to be the slightest bit of annoyed.

"Wait! Why can't you tell me?"

"I don't much about you."

"Fine, Fine. Let's talk?" Shane asked almost begging for her to say yes.

Shane's mystery girl took the ipod from his pocket and ran with it to a near by playground. He ran after like a cheetah. She started to look through all his music. After climbing a long slide, she finally stopped and looked at him.

"You like The Queers?" She said with glee in her soft voice.

"Yeah they're cool, now can I have it back?" Shane demanded.

"Hey have you ever been to the AMC theater out here in the burbs?" She asked him a question basically knowing the answer.

"Yeah," He said impatiently,"What does that have to-" Before he can say anymore she ran off again. Shane followed her through the bright green trees and beautiful suburban glory,"At least tell me your-". Before he could even finish they have reached the theater.

"What's your favorite movie?" She asked breathing heavily from running.

"Wh-what, you're crazy, just give my ipod,"

"My favorite at this moment is A Clockwork Orange."

"You're shitting me!"

"What?" She looked very confused.

"That's one of my faves." He said blushing his brains out,"I mean hardly anyone knows about A Clockwo-"

"Hey if I were pregnant, would it be cool if I didn't want to keep it?" Shane was completely puzzled. This girl was weird and really odd. Yet again he understood what was happening.

"I wouldn't care; it's your choice. Whatever you want." After he finished his sentence the girl smiled at him with the biggest smile in the world.

"Well that's cool!" She said,"Hey know any good books?"

"Yeah Heavier then Heaven?"

"I never read it, let's go get it." To no ones surprise she ran off again. This time it was only across the street from where they were at. Once they arrived at a local bookstore she sprinted for the Biography section.

"So are you a runner?" She asked/

"Yeah, I'm in cross country and track,"

"That's neat!"

She had found the Heavier then Heaven book on Kurt Cobain and walked to the counter. The total was ten dollars. By the time they had left the bookstore it was evening the sun was starting to turn a bold orange.

"Do you like ice cream?" She asked looking at the sunset.

"Vanilla."

"I love Vanilla." She responded. They walked till they found an ice cream shop. They bought matching cones and sat on the parking blocks.

"Ok, you stole my stuff and ran to several places; What is your name?"

"Guess?"

"What no! Just tell me."

"Heather," She spoke as the lead over and gave him a little kiss on the cheek. She got up and gave the ipod to him. On the back was a pink sticky note with her number. Heather started to walk away.

"Wait, Heather." He yelled out to her before she completely ran off.

"Yeah?" She asked. Shane was completely overwhelmed with everything going on that he just kissed her. Not a nasty, sloppy, wet kiss, but a nice soft kiss.

"But why?" Heather asked.

"Because you are just different."
♠ ♠ ♠
This story was inspired by the 500 Days of Summer Soundtrack and one of the raddest people I have (sorta) met, Heather. :D

Read. Analyze. Comment.

-ClockworkChloe