Status: coming along nicely

My little fly

prom isn't always perfect

Month before Senor Prom.
“So Liz?” Val and I groaned. “Look Junior, unless no one else asks me in the next 6 weeks I’ll go with you. Okay?” His face brightened tenfold and ran off most likely telling all the guys that he’s going to the prom with me.
“He’s got it bad Liz.” I nodded rubbing my temples. “I don’t think he gets that I can’t stand him.” Val laughed. “I think you like it when he’s around; I’ve seen your eyes light up when you notice he’s looking at you or when he’s talking to you.” I narrowed my eyes at him and Michelle, Val’s twin laughed.
“I bet he’s going to threaten every guy that looks interested to asking you.” Michelle whispered, I nodded. “He did at the 8th grade dance, why not prom.” I took a bite of my apple. “Why not just go out with him?” Val asked. “Let’s see, because he’s an ass.” She rolled her eyes. “We both know that’s just him trying to show off to a girl that lives across the street.” I shrugged. “Boy would my dad love to see me with him; I swear he likes him more than me at times.” We all laughed and nodded. “So true.” Michelle cackled.
5 days before the prom
“I can’t believe no one’s asked me to.” I groaned into the phone that’s been stuck to my ear talking to Val and Michelle. “I’m telling you its all brains plane.” Michelle chuckled.
“Probably, so what does your dress look like?” I quickly changed the subject.
“Mines red with rim stones on the top, Val’s the same but blue. They’re so cute!” Michelle squealed. “Oh my god I have to see them!” I squealed. “Will mines a dark purple cocktail dress. Let me tell you my boobs never look better. “We all laughed. We were talking about shoes when my dad walked in. “Brian’s at the door.” I groaned. “Val, Mitch got to go.” They said bye and hung up. “I don’t see why you’re like that to him, he’s a good kid.” I looked at my dad; he’s gotten pretty grey these last couple of years.
“Dad he’s been all over me since we moved here.” He just grinned. “I think he’s a good kid.” I bet he did.
“He’s out back.” I nodded putting on my sandals and walking across the living room to the back door. I looked outside and there he stood, Brain Haner Jr. looking good as always. Hey he may be annoying as hell but he was hot. “Hey Brian.” He spun around and smiled. “Hey Hun.” I rolled my eyes and hugged him. What we had our moments.
“So did anyone ask you out to prom?” I narrowed m eyes at him. “No but I believe that’s your was your plane.” He shrugged his shoulders. “I have no idea what you’re talking about.” I raised my eyebrows at him. “Yeah sure, will I’m wearing purple to prom. Are we going to go matched or what?” I smiled as his eyes widen. “You’re actually going to go with me?” I chuckled. “Why not? It’s not like anyone else will ask me since you obviously scared away the competition.” He hugged me tightly. “Sweet! Okay I got to get a tux. Thank you so much Liz.” He got up and ran to his house.
I never thought he would be so happy to go with me. “I think you just made him the happiest boy on earth.” My dad said walking behind me. I nodded. “I guess he’s not so bad when he gets what he wants.” I smiled hugged my dad.
Day of prom
My dad was out getting something to eat before I had to go. I was curling my hair to perfection.
Brian will be here like in 30 minutes and my dad still hasn’t made it yet. I was actually getting kind of worried.
“Where is he?” Looking at my clock. “5 minutes
“He wouldn’t miss this.” A knock came from the door. I quickly got off the couch. “Hey Brian.” I smiled seeing my date in his tux looking amazing. “Wow Liz you look great” He kissed my check; I turned my head to hide my blush.
“Thanks. Well I guess we can go since my dad isn’t here yet.” He nodded and grabbed my hand pulling me toward his beat up Honda. “I’m glad you’re going with me” He said with the biggest smile. “Me too actually.”
30 minutes into the dance.
Brian and I were having an amazing time. We laughed at odd couples and nearly died as Beth ad Jim the most random couple raved in the middle of the dance floor next to us. “Okay ladies a quick break and then the last song, and one last dance.” The Dj announced as Brian dragged me across the floor. “I had an amazing night tonight Liz.” He sat me down and went to go get drinks. My phone vibrates inside my bra. “Oh god.” I laughed making my way outside the gym.
“Hello?”
“Is this Elizabeth Cloven?” A woman’s voice came through.
“Hum yeah.” This is so weird.
“This is Sharon from the Orange county Hospital, I’m sorry to inform you that your father was part of very serious cash and was pronounced dead at the scene.” I dropped the phone and collapsed on the ground. I quickly grabbed the phone. “Are you sure you have the right number, my dad was just getting some McDonalds.” I cried. “I’m sorry miss but Richard Cloven as the name, we found you under his in case of emergency contact.” I closed the phone and curled in a ball on the cold cement. My prom night was supposed to be perfect.
The door open but I of course didn’t care. “Oh my god Liz.” Brian’s voice. “He held me in his arms. “He’s gone Bri.” I cried into his chest. “He’s gone.” He shushed me. “Who’s gone?” “My dad!” I yelled getting up and ran as fast as a can, leaving a shocked and confused Brian with a cup of punch in his hand. That was the last day I saw Brian, after the funeral the next day I moved with my aunt to New York leaving all the ones I cared for. Only preying I’ll be strong enough to come back and face the people I care most for.
♠ ♠ ♠
next chapter will be in the present time. hope you liked it. I know its moving fast but i had to get in pretty quickly to move on to the story.

please comment!