The Perfect Pitch

Uninvited

Image

“Bella.” That familiar sweet soft voice called out to me.

“Yes, Josh?” I replied, barely a whisper.

I didn’t expect an answer. Josh was so shy; not much of a talker. We were alone at my house, sitting on the couch. Outside it was chilly for summer, and raining, but the gloomy weather didn’t get us down. He had his arm around my waist as he spoke my name, and there was pointless movie on that was just white noise in the background. The hand around my waist pulled us closer to each other, while the other graced my jaw, tilting my chin up towards his face. Sparks flew between our lips, shocking us with little jolts of electricity; adding to the rolling tightness in my stomach. We kissed for not even eight seconds when his phone vibrated. Of course, it was his mother calling.

“Hello?”

I could hear her hiss his full name perfectly.

“Yes, mother?” he replied, annoyed.

They went back and forth for a few minutes, her uptight screechy tone in contrast to his calm, quiet and sarcastic one. I only listened to her for a few minutes, I could care less about what she had to say. Shortly after I zoned out he hung up the phone and set it on the table with a ‘clunk’.

“What’d she say?” I whispered, even though I didn’t care.

“Nothing,” he whispered back with a smile.

I smiled back and he leaned in to start kissing me again. His lips were warm, soft and smooth, like honey, but he tasted like caramel, which happened to be one of my favorite flavors. His hands on my body felt like the strongest most protective chains made of the softest clouds. Everywhere his hands ventured made my skin tingle and get hot like fire, but the kind that didn’t hurt. I wanted him to hold me and never let go, kiss me and never stop, but that was, of course, too good to be true when my phone started to ring. We stopped and laughed, our faces still touching.

“The world is against us having a few minutes alone together, seriously,” I said quietly.

“It’s okay. Just answer it,” he said kissing my neck gingerly. Everywhere his lips pecked left little spots of flames.

I looked at the caller I.D. on my phone, it was Courtney. I answered hesitantly.

“Looks like someone’s gettin’ busy!” she yelled into my ear.

“Hello? Oh, hey Courtney! I know I wasn’t expecting you to call!” I said sarcastically.

“Shut up.”

“Don’t call me and then tell me to shut up. And how did you know what was going on and if you knew why would you call in the middle of it?” I demanded.

“Don’t worry about it and because I can and that’s all you need to know.” I could hear the smile on her face.

I hung up the phone, turned it off and threw it somewhere in my living room.

“Now, where were we?” I said cupping his face in my hands.

He tangled his fingers through my hair and kissed me fervently. Shortly after that, my doorbell rang.

“Dammit,” I said getting up and running to the door.

I peeked out the window to see my neighbor standing on my front porch. He was a year older than me, and he was my only real close friend until Courtney moved to town. He ran his fingers through his short and messy sandy blonde hair. His blue eyes were sparkling with excitement. I unlocked the deadbolt and said hello as he opened the storm door and let himself in.

“Hey Bells, what up?” he said cheerfully shaking the water out of his hair.

“I should be asking you that, why are you so chipper today?” I said skeptically.

“What? I can’t come and see my best friend?” he said with a huge smile.

“Bryce.”

“Okay. I got a new car!” he said throwing his arms out in enthusiasm, “Wanna come see it? Huh? Huh? Do ya?”

“Well, maybe another time. I’m actually kinda busy,” I said looking down the hall.

“Oh come on, whatever it is I’m sure it can wait.”

“I have company,” I said slowly.

“Oh.” He sounded disappointed, as if he knew who was there, “Okay then! I’ll see ya later Bells!”

Bryce put on a fake overly happy face and practically ran off my porch and into the rain. When the storm door closed I closed the main door and locked the deadbolt again.

“Who was that?” Josh said in my ear, his arms snaking around my waist.

I yelped a little in surprise.

“Shh, it’s only me.” He chuckled. “Just relax…”

He whispered those last to words, his breath hot in my ear. When he began kissing my neck my knees almost buckled, but the embarrassing thought of that made me not do it. I turned around so I was facing him and he didn’t waste any time in pressing his mouth into mine. He pushed me back, never breaking the kiss, until I was leaning against the front door. Our bodies pushed against each other so hard we could have melted into each other, and might have done just that; had the doorbell not rang again.

“Seriously, Bryce?” I said to myself.

“Pretend we’re not home,” he said, leaning his forehead on mine.

“No, I can’t.” I said pressing my lips to his quickly then turning to the door.

I unlocked the deadbolt and suddenly the door jerked and hit me in the face. Everything went black.
♠ ♠ ♠
School's finally over!
Sorry this took two months..