Status: done

Secrets

one of one

Five Six One was girl. A blank face in a mass of thousands. She was to be brilliant, yes, and, yes, she was to be gorgeous, but she was not different. She was just like every plastic girl hanging on the racks of The Factory, waiting for her number to be called. Waiting to be brought to life. She was a replacement for a couple who had lost their precious daughter in some likely horrible way. One of the millions whose lives this new technology had helped. She was "born" for one reason, to act as a new daughter, one who was to be in every way identical. She had to be, or it was back to The Factory and into the melting pot to form a new girl.

Five Six One's new name was Briana Ramone. A girl of five foot ten inches, startling carnelian eyes and hair like melted honey. Basically Briana had gotten lucky with the gene pool, but Five Six One didn't care. She was just happy to be done with re-molding. Re-molding involved melting down her plain, waxy features and turning them into a living girl. It hurt worse then what she was told Hell was like. The Plastics, as they were called, were actually fervently religious. Religion being the one thing they could hold on to. She hoped against hope her new "family" was religious but she seriously doubted it. If they were they wouldn't be taking her home.

The Factory was a highly experimental, highly controversial company. The Religious Ones hated it and the scientists couldn't get enough of it. It involved taking plastic girls and programing downloaded brain scans into them, making them come to life. What most people didn't know was The Plastics were already alive before the scans. They could think, and feel and, yes, they could love. They had friends, and enemies and problems. The Factory was actually a lot like high school. There were a lot of cliques and many, many dramas.

The new Briana awoke in her new bed, in her new room, in her new house and in her very new life. She woke to something buzzing in her ear. She got up, got dressed in a short buttercup colored dress and turned on her iPod to Yellowcard. She knew all about electronics and things from her integration classes at The Factory. The classes taught The Plastics all about modern life right after they were downloaded. It involved things like eletronics, school, and other people besides The Plastics, if you could even call them people.

Someone came up to her and stabbed her, right through her waxy, plastic skin. She gasped, even tough she couldn't really feel it. The person laughed and drew back and kneeled down, inspecting her wound.
"So it's true, you are a robot then?" A boy asked her, a beautiful boy actually.
"Er...yeah...I guess I am." Briana readjusted her backpack's strap on her shoulder.
"Cool." The boy grabbed her arm and pulled her back into the school with him. "We're gunna be bestfriends. I'm Josh."
"I'm Briana."

He was on top of her, his wrists pinning down her arms. She moaned deep in her throat as his nails dug into her "skin". If only she had known sooner that pain made her feel alive. She made a mental note of this and went back to kissing his perfect body. Josh had been helping her out the past couple of weeks and she had decided to repay him.

She was sitting in Josh's lap, looking at the sunset. Briana had recently taken a vow of silence in protest of the football team getting to cut the lunch line. Josh thought it was stupid but she didn't care. He didn't understand how she could really give a shit considering she didn't eat. Most people thought she was an Ano, because most people didn't know about the accident. Her family had managed to keep that very down low.

She opened up her artificial leg in long, luscious strips. She revealed the wires underneath, the smooth nano-tech muscle. She smiled as the wires sprarked and the nano-bites went to work sewing her skin shut again. She repeated until she was satisfied and fell asleep.

She feel in gym and a sheet of skin sloughed off, revealing her wires. Josh gasped and ran to her, trying to sheild her with his body, but it was too late...everyone knew her secret. She simply smiled, stood up and walked away, their shocked faces causing her great happiness.