Freshman and Senior

Strawberry Granola bars

'She spins and she sways to whatever song plays, without a care in the world, and I'm sitting here wearing the weight of the world on my shoulders. It's been a long day and there's still work to do. She's pulling at me saying, "Dad I need you, there's a ball at the castle and I've been invited, and I need to practice my dancing."'

I hear the sound of my Alarm on my phone going off. One of my favorite songs horribly recorded by some cheesecake, Daddy's Cinderella by Steven Curtis Chapman. I picked that song for my Alarm because it's quiet, but will still wake me up. I hit the OK and CLEAR buttons, unlocking my phone. Then press the button to silence my phone, and turning off the alarm. It's now 6:30.

Thirty minutes until i have to get to my wretched school. Choosing to be a little different today, I slip on a skort: a skirt mixed with shorts. I pull a gray t-shirt over my head, it has a spider web design on it. Some black flats with little bows on the top, and a small heart necklace with my name written on it in pink letters, my grandma made it for me, her friend had even drew a pretty Rhododendron on it.

I slipped a white sweater with pockets over my outfit, it was going to be cold today, and my skirt didn't have a pocket to hold my phone. My feet made no noise as I walked on the wooden floor of the living room, switching to the tiled floor of the kitchen.

I took two strawberry Granola Bars from the cabinet, and made my way back to my room.

"Mariah." I hear my name from the closed door of my mothers room, her voice muffled and quiet but still understandable.

I opened her door slowly, holding out my hand. I feel my mother take my hand and clasp it around something papery.

"Here's two dollars for lunch." she tells me, I take a step back while she closes the door, and I whisper a small thanks to her.
♠ ♠ ♠
Please read.

~moemoe