‹ Prequel: We Come Out At Night 4

We Come Out At Night 5

Chapter 1

----------
London
----------

I stood outside The Maker’s Marc looking up at the big “M” on top of the casino. The same “M” that is tattooed on my right shoulder. As much as I hate the man behind that “M,” had it not been for him, I never would have met my husband.

As I stepped through the doors, I could already see the whispering and scampering of people who worked for my father. They all looked at me as if I were the enemy and maybe right now I was. Not a single one of them made any attempt to stop me from getting on the elevator.

I pushed the button for the top floor and when I got off there were two guards standing at the end of the hall. I had made it this far, I wasn’t turning back now. Slowly I walked down the hall to the last door. The two guards stepped in front of the door and folded their arms across their chests.

“I want to see my father.” I stood there and held my will strong as they both laughed at me. I crossed my arms just as they had and stood my ground. One of them finally budged and slipped through the door.

I waited out side the door never breaking eye contact with the remaining guard for a good ten minutes before he opened the door and let me go inside. I was led through the living room to my father’s office. The guard knocked and I heard my father’s voice on the other side of the door. “Enter.”

The guard opened the door and I walked through it. My father looked over to the guard who stood in the doorway. “Leave us and close the door.” As he was told, the guard closed the door behind him as he left.

My father sat behind his desk clipping off the tip of a cigar before he actually gave me his attention. After he lit the cigar, he turned and locked eyes with me. “Well, to what do I owe the pleasure of this visit?”

“You owe me.” I told him as I approached his desk. I stood before him showing him no sign that I was intimidated.

“And just how did you come to that conclusion?” He slipped the cigar past his lips and all I could think about was leaning forward and shoving it down his throat.

“I fulfilled my end of the bargain. I did as you asked and made one of them fall in love with me. Now, I am here to collect.”

He sat back in his chair and threw his head back as he laughed. He was actually laughing at me. “London, you truly are a Montes at heart.”

“Actually, I’m a Sullivan or did you forget I got married?”

“Oh no, I remember, I was there.” He leaned forward and put his cigar in the ashtray and then clasped his hands together on his desk. “What do you want?”

Now was my chance to be brave and hope for the best. I stood and held my hands on my hips as I looked at him and internally tried to muster up the courage to tell him what I wanted without fear of him getting up and doing something to me. “I want Izzy.”

Again, he laughed at me. “As I said, you are a true Montes.” I never hated him more than I did right now. I stood in front of his desk, pressing my luck and knowing I was about to cross a line that I may not be able to get back over.

As I reached across the front of his desk, I grabbed the collar of his shirt and yanked him forward. I don’t know what I was thinking, but I knew I had to at least try. For Jimmy, I did this. “You fucking sick bastard, I never was a Montes and I never will be. One load of sperm doesn’t make you my fucking father either.”

He never got the chance to respond. The door to his office flew open and we both turned our gazes to the door…

--------------
Previously,
Gates
--------------

We all left Shadows in his office at his request. Seeing Izzy on screen having sex with Marco as a willing participant, who seemed to be enjoying herself, did him in. But there was still the matter of London to deal with. The Rev was so angry with her for going off on her own to try and get Izzy back. In a way though, we all did kind of make her feel like she owed us. If she managed to pull this off, she would have fully redeemed herself.

We took my car over to The Maker’s Marc. Myself, The Rev and Vengeance, between the three of us, we should be able to at least get London back. The Rev was so mad his leg kept bouncing up and down the whole way.

When we finally reached The Maker’s Marc, I parked right along side London’s car. One would think The Rev had wings the way he flew out of the damn car. “Hold on!” Vengeance yelled as we caught up to him.

“You can’t just run in there! Slow the fuck down.” I yelled at him and he finally listened and slowed his pace down so that the three of us were all walking in step with each other. I would hate to be Marco Montes right about now.
When we walked inside it was evident that we were in for a fight. Marco’s men were on point and as soon as they saw us they made their move, but The Rev wasn’t in the mood and it didn’t take much for him to get past any of them on onto the elevator. He’d done this twice before so he was no stranger to the game.

We got off the elevator and walked down the hall to the door that belonged to Marco. Vengeance and I both pulled our guns and pushed our way past the guards. We followed behind The Rev as he led us to Marco’s office. There was no knock; no pleasant announcement that we were here, then again, this wasn’t a social call. I kicked the door as hard as I could and when it flew open there she was.

Much to our surprise, London had Marco by the collar. Who knew she had it in her to put her hands on that bastard that called himself her father. Jimmy walked right over to Marco and yanked him out of his chair. He hadn’t said a word to London yet.

Vengeance had grabbed London and walked her outside so she wouldn’t be able to see what was about to happen. “You stupid son of a bitch. Open the book case.” The Rev wasn’t asking either, he was demanding and Marco laughed right in his face.

While, I am all for a good fight, I wanted to go see Kristina and this needed to be over with now. So, without another word, I punched Marco square in the jaw. “Open the fucking bookcase.” He gave me a smirk in return and I lifted my gun and pointed it at his face. That seemed to do the trick because he reached under his desk and pushed a button.

The bookshelf slid sideways and revealed a wooden door. I stood there and held my gun on Marco while The Rev opened the door. “Holy shit.” I heard him say under his breath before walking inside the room. Izzy was lying on the bed and she looked like she was strung out.

Jimmy walked over and grabbed her by the arm and yanked her off the bed. She could hardly stand on her own. He was angry, very angry and Izzy was about to bear the brunt of his anger. She broke free of him and ran straight to Marco.

“Shadows” She cried. “Jimmy hurt me.”

The Rev and I both looked at each other completely confused while Marco’s laughter could be heard in the background. “What the fuck did you do to her?” I asked as I grabbed her by the arm and pulled her away from him.

Izzy nearly fell when I grabbed her. I forced her to look at me. Her eyes were glazed and half lidded. She was weak and had trouble standing there. “Matt, help me.”
She called him Shadows and she called him Matt. This is some sick shit.

“Lets go.” Jimmy said and I lifted Izzy up in my arms and carried her out while The Rev stayed back in the office with Marco making sure he didn’t follow or call any of his guards to try and stop me.

Down in the car, I sat behind the driver’s seat while London sat in the back with Vengeance who was holding Izzy down on his lap. We waited for The Rev to come back down and when he got in the car, he still hadn’t said a word to London. He didn’t even look at her. He doesn’t get this angry often and I know that when he does, it’s bad.

“No one says a word about this to Shadows.” I said looking in the back through the rear view mirror. If Shadows knew that we had Izzy, he would kill her first and ask questions later. For now, she would have to be our little secret. At least until the drugs wore off. Whatever she was on must have made her hallucinate. For some odd reason she actually believed Marco was Matt.

At The Sidewinder, we managed to get Izzy up to my floor without Shadows seeing her. I left Vengeance there to stay with her so I could go to the hospital to see Kristina. Heaven only knows what The Rev was going to say to London when he got her alone.