‹ Prequel: We Come Out At Night 4

We Come Out At Night 5

Chapter 12

------------
Gates
------------

I had Shadows meet me at the mansion. I sat him down and told him about my plan and he agreed to go along with it. Not that he had a choice. I was going to do it whether he wanted me to or not. He told me that he and Izzy had talked, but that they hadn’t really accomplished anything. I don’t think either one of them knew which end was up right now.

Matt’s issue with Izzy would have to wait. Now it was time to introduce Marco to The Synyster Gates 10 Step Program

Step One: Beat the living fuck out of Marco Montes

I went to the basement alone and took the stairs gingerly as I whistled the whole way down. Marco was sitting on the floor with a collar around his neck that was chained to the wall. I should have brought a camera, this was definitely a Kodak Moment.

“Well, now what do we have here?” I stood there with my hands on my hips as he stood up.

“Get this fucking thing off me.” He shouted. Someone forgot to tell him he was in the House of Syn right now and I call the fucking shots here.

“Hmmm no. Not gonna happen.” I shook my head and stuck my tongue out at him; which he didn’t see the humor in. Oh well. Kristina liked it when I did that. “So, I hear somebody likes to hit girls. I know it couldn’t possibly be me, because I don’t hit girls so it must be you.”

“Oh I see, is this about that little slut, Ruby?” My fist connected with his jaw and his head slammed hard against the wall.

“Her name is Kristina and don’t you ever talk about her like that again.”

The right side of his face was already starting to turn purple. “She was a hot piece of ass, that one. Feisty in bed, I like em feisty.” I hit him again and again and again. Every word that came out of his mouth fueled my punches.

“Dumb as a stump though. Cant put two and two together, but she could suck the chrome of a trailer hitch.” Was he stupid? He just didn’t know when to shut up.

I couldn’t control myself anymore, I kicked him in his ribs so hard he fell to the ground and that’s when I pounced on him and starting punching with all I had. I sat on his chest looking down at his bloodied face and I could see he still had something to say. “Good thing our baby died, could you imagine Ruby as a mother? She wouldn’t know which end to stick the diaper and which end to stick the baby bottle.” What a scumbag. I grabbed his hair and slammed his head against the ground as hard as I could until he was unconscious. There was nothing Kristina loved more in this world than her daughter.

If he thought what we just did was fun, wait until he finds out what Step Two is.

----------
Christ
----------

“You guys are all the same.” Kristina told me as I sat there defeated.

“What is that supposed to mean?” I asked as she moved her lunch tray and set it down on the table beside her bed.

“That means you are all morons. Stubborn, stupid morons.”

I tried to form words with my mouth, but she just threw me for a loop. I shook my head before looking back at her. “You want to fill me in here because I have no clue what you are getting at.”

She laughed at me. Maybe I was stupid. “You guys can never just see what’s right in front of you. It’s selfish if you ask me and this is coming from a girl who knows. We put our hearts on our sleeves and you guys just completely ignore it and play the wounded, stubborn asshole role instead of realizing that we love you and want you to come take us in your arms and tell us that you love us too.” Great so this was about Chelsea and me.

“Oh so we’re stubborn assholes, but it’s ok for you girls to pretend that you’re all damsels in distress no matter if it’s actually your fault!”

“Exactly” She nodded. “We’re never wrong, Johnny. The sooner you realize that, the happier you’ll be.” Ok, that’s not fair. It’s not ALWAYS our fault! “Besides, you know the make up sex is always better when the guy says he’s sorry first.”

Ok so maybe that part was true, but what I saw with my own two eyes in the bar wasn’t something, I should have to apologize for. “You girls are fucked up, you know that?”

“We’re not fucked up. I swear. It’s you guys, trust me when I say that. Just take a look at every one of your friends and how they handle situations. You, as I recall were the one who went to Gates and told him to man the fuck up. So, man the fuck up, Johnny.”

Damn it. She had me there. She just threw my own advice right back in my face, but it didn’t make things any easier for me. What Chelsea and Shadows did really bothered me and it’s not something I could just forget with a cute pout and batting eyelashes. It would make me feel better to punch Shadows square in the jaw though. Maybe, I’ll just man the fuck up on Shadows.