‹ Prequel: We Come Out At Night 4

We Come Out At Night 5

Chapter 13

----------------
The Rev
----------------

Things were still a little awkward between London and me. It wasn’t as bad as it was the last few days though. She’d give me a response now when ever I spoke to her instead of always shaking her head or shrugging her shoulders. I know that she was still kind of scared and it was going to take time for me to fix that, but I intended to do so. I don’t like that she was scared of me and I know it was my fault.

I set something special up for her today to hopefully make her feel a little more at ease. “London?” She turned her head to look at me and set the hair brush down on the sink. I stood there in the doorway looking back at a face that was void of all emotions. “We have company.”

“Ok. I’ll make something.” She said and tried to walk past me. I suddenly felt like shit. I had been treating her like the maid and now she just assumed the role on instinct.

“Wait.” She stopped and looked back at me as her hand was touching the door knob on the bedroom door. “They’re not here for you to serve. Sugar Plum.”
I walked over and took her hand and brought her out to the living room with me.

Vengeance and Mari were waiting in the living room. It was hard not to notice the disapproval on both of their faces when they saw London's face, but I pushed the thought from my head. “So, today I thought maybe you could spend some time with Mari and get to know her a little bit.” I had the whole day planned for both of them. Mari was excited, but London didn’t show any expression. “You two are having a spa day and afterwards, you can go shopping. Zacky is going to drive and pick you both up. Everything’s already been paid for.”

“Ok.” London answered.

“We’ll meet you downstairs.” Zacky said as he led Mari out the door.

I moved around to stand in front of London as she looked up at me. “Can I at least have one little smile before you go?” I asked holding her face in my hands and she smiled, but it was obviously fake for my benefit. “Would a kiss be too much to ask for?” I’m sure I was pushing my luck, but she leaned up on her toes and kissed me. “Thank you.” I smiled. “Go and have fun.”

I stepped aside so she could pass. I set up the spa day for her not for the fact that she would be spending the day with her sister, but because I had to meet Gates and Vengeance at the mansion and Neither Vengeance nor I wanted to leave the two girls alone.

I really hoped London would have a good day. I had an even more special night planned for when she returned.

-----------
Gates
-----------

Tonight, I had promised Kristina a movie night with just the two of us. So this had to be quick, because I’m not breaking a promise to Kristina. I had been waiting for Vengeance and The Rev to show up so I can get this show on the road.

I waited nearly a half hour for the two of them to show up and finally while I was leaning over the kitchen counter texting Kristina, I heard voices and footsteps approaching. No sooner did I look up, did they walk through the door.

“Took you long enough” I said to both of them. “Did you bring the girl?”

Vengeance stepped aside and there she was. She was right up Marco’s ally too. “This is Kayla.” Vengeance said. I walked over and circled around her. She was a perfect choice. She had a petite waist with long slender legs and a great rack. Her skin was sun kissed with a light tan and her long brown hair hung down to her ass. Her face was young with almond shaped blue eyes and plump lips. “She’s better than I expected she would be.” I told Vengeance approving of his choice. “Did you inform her of what her job here will be?”

“I did” He nodded.

I turned my attention to The Rev after Vengeance responded. “Well, then I guess she’s ready for you.”

The Rev nodded and escorted Kayla out of the kitchen. My cell phone started to vibrate on the counter and I picked it up to see that Kristina had returned my text message.

“ I miss u <3”

While Vengeance waited I sent her a reply. “I <3 U” I smiled to myself after clicking send.

“Seen Shadows around?” Vengeance asked.

“Yeah, yesterday.”

“and? Is he still being a mother fucker?”

I put my phone in my pocket and looked over at him. “He’s not himself. He’s confused and angry and he has his hands full with Izzy right now.”

“Yeah, I figured. Looks like The Rev is in the same boat.”

I thought about that for a second before responding. “In a way, we’re all in the same boat.”

“How so?” He asked.

“Think about it. Shadows is with Izzy who is Marco’s wife. You and Jimmy are with his daughters and Kristina had his baby. It’s like the only one who lucked out without having a girl directly involved with Marco is Johnny.”

“That we know of.” He noted.

“Yeah, you’re right.” I nodded. “With all the friggen surprises lately who the hell knows if Chelsea doesn’t have one of her own.”

“Well, we don’t have to worry about that because technically, Chelsea and Johnny aren’t exactly together right now.” He was quick to point out the obvious. I had forgot about that. I know Shadows was dealing with some heavy shit, but after this, I was going to have to point it out to him that he really needed to make amends with Christ.

The Rev finally came back into the kitchen with Kayla and she was dressed in a white nurses uniform. The kind you would see at Trashy Lingerie in Hollywood. I don’t know which one of us was drooling more.

“Ok, Kayla.” When I said her name she looked at me. “Are you ready?”

“Yes.” She nodded.

“Good” I smiled.

Now it was time…

Step two: Nurse Ratchet.

--------------
Narrator
--------------

Kayla walked down the stairs to the basement with all she needed to “fix” Marco. As she stepped down the last step she stopped in her tracks when she caught sight of him.
“Who the hell are you?” He asked.

“I’m Kayla.” She smiled politely. “I’m just going to clean up your wounds for you.” She walked over and set her supplies down and walked into the bathroom. When she came back she had a bowl of warm water and a rag.

After kneeling down beside him, she set the bowl of water down beside her and reached for her bag of supplies. All the while Marco was watching her every move. “I’m just gonna wipe the blood off your face. I’ll try my best not to hurt you.”

“There’s a first.” He said.

“I’m sorry, what?” She asked as she dipped a washcloth in the bowl of water.

“Nothing, just thinking out loud.” As she placed the rag on his face to wipe the dried blood from the corner of his mouth he grabbed her hand.

“Who the hell are you?” He demanded.

“I told you, I’m Kayla.” She smiled and he glared at her before letting her hand go so she could do what she was sent down there to do. “You sure took one hell of a beating.” She commented, but he didn’t say a word. He just continued to eye suspiciously.

After she cleaned up the blood from his mouth she reached for the alcohol and a cotton ball. She dabbed the ball lightly at the top of the bottle of alcohol and proceeded to clean the cut near his eye. “That fucking hurts!” He yelled at her and she sat back on her knees looking at him.

“It can’t hurt as bad as it did when you got it, now be a big boy and let me finish doing my job.” Without giving him a chance to respond she dapped the cotton on his cut again and he sat there dumbfounded that she had spoken to him that way.

“This is your job?”

“It is today.” She smiled and reached for a small band-aid.

“What was it yesterday?” He asked curiously.

“Yesterday doesn’t matter, it already happened. Today is what counts.” She smiled. When she was done applying the band-aid she sat back on her knees again and surveyed his face for more cuts. “Does it hurt anywhere else?” She asked.

“What the fuck do you think?”

She put her hands on her hips and looked at him with her head tilted sideways. “I think if you speak to me like that again, I am going to give you a cut on your other eye to match the one you already have. Now, could you answer my question?”

If looks could kill she would be dead on sight with the look that he was shooting her right now. “My head, in the back.” He said with a hint of annoyance in his voice.

“Lean forward and let me see.”

Marco didn’t like taking orders from a girl, but he did what she requested and leaned forward. “Well, you have a nasty cut.” She reached for the alcohol again and cleaned the cut on the back of his head.

“Jesus Fucking Christ.”

Kayla got up from the floor and walked into the bathroom. When she came back she knelt down in front of Marco again. “Open your mouth.” She said.

“Why?”

“Because I said so. Please be nice and don’t make me say it again.” She smiled.

He glared at her and she was killing him with kindness by sitting there with a smile on her face. Finally, he gave in and opened his mouth. As soon as he did, she shoved a bar of soap inside it. His eyes narrowed and he looked at her like she was a lunatic.

Kayla grabbed his head and leaned him forward again so she could finish cleaning his cut. When she had finished, she pushed him back up and took the bar of soap out of his mouth. “No more cursing!” She warned waving a finger in front of his face.

“Sweetheart do you have any idea who I am?” He asked in a tone that suggested that she should know the answer.

“Nope.”

Marco roared with laughter and Kayla sat back looking at him wondering what it was that was so funny. “Oh this just gets better and better.”

“What does?” She asked curiously as she reached for her bag of supplies again.

“This whole situation and you having no idea who I am.”

After picking up the bar of soap Kayla returned it to the bathroom and came back with a glass of water. “Why should I care who you are?” That question had him laughing even harder than he was before.

“If you knew you wouldn’t be helping me.” He was serious when he spoke this time.

“Why not?”

He chuckled lightly as she poured two pills out of a little white bottle and handed them to him. “Take those, they are pain killers.”

“You’re showing me mercy and you have no idea what a mistake that could be.”

It was she who laughed now as he sipped the glass of water to help the pills go down. “Well, the way I see it, you are the one who is chained to the wall with a collar around your neck and I am free to go about as I please. So, any mistake that is being made is on your part. Maybe if you were nicer, you wouldn’t be sitting there like a dog.”

He balled his hands into fists. She was trying his patience. “Are you crazy? Do you know who you are talking to?”

She let out a loud huff as she started throwing her supplies back in her bag. “We haven’t met until I came down here so how can I know?”

“I am a very powerful man.”

“and I am a very powerful woman.” She noted.

“Is that so!” He said tilting his head to the side. “Just who the hell are you?”

She rolled her eyes and threw her hands up in frustration. “I already told you twice, I’m Kayla!”

He shook his head and laughed. “Well Kayla, what makes you so damn powerful?”

She picked up her bag and stood. While looking down at him she responded. “I’m a woman. A strong, independent woman and I don’t take shit from anyone. I control my own destiny and that makes me powerful. I can also walk out of here so that gives me one up on you now doesn’t it?”

Kayla turned on her heels and walked out of the basement leaving Marco sitting there feeling like he had just been slapped in the face. No one, least of all a female ever put him in his place like that.