‹ Prequel: We Come Out At Night 4

We Come Out At Night 5

Chapter 24

----------
Christ
----------

Gates and Shadows were supposed to come by and fill me in on what was happening at the mansion. I was completely out of the loop considering I had the only girlfriend with no connection to Marco.

As I sat on the couch with Chelsea talking about everything and nothing, I heard what sounding like yapping. That’s when I saw Kristina walk through my door with a dog in her arms. Gates and Shadows were following close behind.

“What the hell is that?” I asked.

“It’s a puppy!” Chelsea was so excited she jumped off the couch and ran over to Kristina. “Can I hold it?”

“Sure.” She smiled and handed the puppy over to Chelsea. “He’s a pomegranate.” She said proudly.

I bit my lip and looked at Gates. Shadows had his hand over his mouth. “Honey, it’s a Pomeranian.” Gates corrected her and she turned around and looked at him with her hands on her hips.

“That’s what I said!”

“Of course it is, silly me.” He smiled.

“Lets go get him some water.” Chelsea led Kristina to the kitchen while Shadows and Gates sat down. When Kristina and Chelsea were out of sight, I couldn’t help myself.

“Oh no.” I started laughing and Shadows followed.

“Shut up!” Even though Gates was trying to be serious, he still had a hint of laughter in his voice. How do you not love Kristina?

“Pomegranate?” Shadows had to add insult to injury and we both lost it again.

“Come on, you know what she meant.” Gates looked at both of us and we managed to straighten our faces. I swear Shadows was laughing so hard he had tears in his eyes.

“Ok, ok.” I took a deep breath and stopped myself from laughing any further. “So, what’s the deal with Marco?”

Gates leaned back against the couch and just as he was about to speak Chelsea and Kristina came back into the room. Chelsea gave us each a beer and the Kristina leaned down to kiss Gates. “Were gonna take little bri-bri for a walk. I'll see you at our place.”

When they left, Shadows and I looked at Gates and he had his head hanging down “Not a fucking word!” He said warning both of us not to comment on what we just heard.

“My lips are sealed!” Shadows said through laughter and I honestly had to look down because if I looked at Shadows I would have laughed too.

“So, can you two grow up long enough for me to fill you in on Marco?”

I just nodded yes in response. I was afraid if I spoke, I would lose it. Shadows turned his head the other way and nodded as well. Of course when we were alone, we would have one hell of a laugh at his expense.

“Things are going just as planned. Marco is a basket case. Step one was minor, just your typical ass kicking. He took it and as expected, came back for more. Step two introduced him to Kayla and forced him to take orders from a woman.”

“I would have no problem taking orders from Kayla.” Shadows added.

“I know right!” Gates added. I had yet to see this girl that seemed to have them all tripping over their dicks.

Gates sipped his beer before continuing. “In step 3 Kayla forced him to learn manners and in step 4 London forced him to understand the pain he caused her.”

“That must have been hard for her.” I said. I liked London and I had no reason to hold a grudge against her. Shadows and Gates hadn’t really taken to her yet, but if she was good enough for The Rev, she was good enough for me.

“Yeah, she was pretty upset afterwards.” Gates added. Shadows finished his beer and got up and went to get us more. When he came back, Gates continued.

“So, in step 5, Kayla stripped him of his dignity by forcing him to strip and shower like he was in prison. In 6 Shadows here beat the shit out of him and then Marisol went in and told her father that he wasn’t her father anymore. “

“I would have killed him if you would have let me.” Shadows said.

“Yeah, well maybe you’ll get your chance.” Gates picked up another beer from the table and rested one arm against the back of the couch.

“So, in 7 the lovely Kayla pretty much used him like a whore and left him some cash for his services.” Gates and Shadows both chuckled at the thought.

“Then in 8, Izzy got her revenge by standing in front of Marco and forcing him to face what he did to her, all the while Kayla was screaming upstairs and getting a lovely new tattoo.” The two of them were grinning at the thought.

“What kind of tattoo?” I asked.

“Oh just an “S” you know, just our way of showing him what he did to our girls.”

“That’s genius!” I noted and Shadows nodded in agreement while Gates went on to tell me the rest.

“As for 9, that was roughest for me. Kristina stayed with him in the basement while the sound of a baby crying played in the background. He fucking lost it.”

“Fuck him.” Shadows sat up and leaned forward. “How did Kristina take it?”

Gates sighed and looked over at him. “Better than I thought she would. Then again, I bought her a puppy and that helped.”

“So what’s step 10?” I was curious. In some way I was jealous that I didn’t get to participate. Some of it sounded like fun.

“Step 10 happens tomorrow. Right now, Marco is exactly where I want him. He’s bordering on crazy, but step 10 will drive him over the edge when I force him to face one more person and the reality of what he’s done. He’s going to feel the pain, the fear and the helplessness. He’s going to pray to God for forgiveness when I’m done with him.”

“Well, I wish I could be a fly on the wall.” For all that man did to our family, I would love to be there to watch that son of a bitch suffer.

“Yeah, well, you can keep Kristina company.”

“Sounds good to me.” I nodded as he set his beer bottle on the table and stood up.

“I’m outta here. I don’t want to be disturbed for the rest of the night. Kristina and I are celebrating our engagement.”

“YOUR WHAT?” Shadows and I both said at the same time.

“You know you both heard me.” He smirked and turned to leave.

“Bye Bri-Bri!” Shadows yelled out and the two of us started laughing.

He just turned around and gave us the finger before walking out. I never thought I’d see the day when Kristina would get married. There was a time when I could hardly convince her to stay here. I kinda feel like I should pat myself on the back for this.
♠ ♠ ♠
Writing Kristina's parts crack me up.