‹ Prequel: We Come Out At Night 4

We Come Out At Night 5

Chapter 26

One Week Later

----------------------
Shadows
-----------------------

Izzy. She was all I had thought about the last few days, granted she's right here. With each passing day, my feelings for her were growing and slowly they were reaching where they once used to be before the last incident with Marco blew them all to hell.

Little by little, I was falling deeply in love with her again. I would say that could be attributed to time we were spending alone together lately. While I had made amends with all my friends, Izzy was the only one that I really needed to prove myself to.

There was one thing that we still had yet to deal with and I know if I didn’t get it out of the way now, it would create a few more uncomfortable situations. She sat on the couch nursing a cup of coffee while staring blankly at the floor. When I approached her, she looked up at me. This wasn’t going to be easy, but then again, nothing with Izzy was easy.

“Hi.” I sat down in front of her on the coffee table and put my hands on her knees. “There’s something I want to talk about.” She looked at me and nodded her head slightly.

“Ok. I’m listening.”

“Izzy, tomorrow it wont be just you and me. Tomorrow, we’ll be with everyone.”

“Yeah.” She was tensing up almost as if she knew what I was getting at. “What’s your point?”

I moved my hands from her knees and sat up straight as I looked at her. “My point is that you know as well as I do, that all of the other girls get along. You don’t get along with any of them. I don’t like that.”

Izzy rolled her eyes and turned her head to the side. I could tell she wasn’t comfortable and I didn’t want her to feel like I was attacking her, because I wasn’t. I was just trying to avoid an uncomfortable situation. “Look at me.” I reached for her hand and squeezed it lightly. When she turned her head back and looked at me, I could see her eyes were already glassing over. “Honey, I’m not trying to make you feel bad. I’m trying to help you. You need to let go of what happened between you and Kristina.”

Her eyes lowered to her lap and she looked to be deep in thought. “If you love me, it shouldn’t bother you that she is making a life with Brian now. As for her and I sleeping together, I’m not going to justify that anymore, I already told you it was a mistake. You should know by now, my heart belongs to you.”

She still hadn’t looked up at me. I saw a tiny drop of waterfall onto her lap from her face and I knew I was upsetting her, but this had to end. “Then there’s London. You pretty much attacked her for no reason at all other than the fact that you were mad at me and Kristina. That poor girl doesn’t know which end is up as it is and you aren’t making things any easier on her.”

Her headshot up and anger flashed across her face as she looked at me. “You’re one to talk, you don’t even like London!”

I shook my head letting her know that she was wrong. “I already apologized for the way I treated her.” She seemed completely surprised by what I had just said and turned her face away from me again. “And Marisol, well you don’t give her the time of day and she did nothing but look up to you. Her only reason for coming here was to find you and you haven’t given her a minute of your time. She looks up to you Izzy.”

A sob escaped her and she refused to look at me. “Why are you being so mean to me?” She cried. This was the spoiled rotten little Izzy that I knew and loved.

“I’m not being mean to you and you know it.” I gave her a stern look to let her know that tears weren’t going to get her out of this. When I really wanted to yank her onto my lap and hug her until they went away, but doing that wasn’t going to solve the problem. “Just let it go, Izzy. That’s all I’m asking. You don’t have to be suzy sunshine around anyone, but you don’t have to walk around with the tough girl exterior and wearing your guard as your armor all the time.”

“It’s too late, they already hate me.” She used her sleeve to wipe her face and then lowered her eyes to her lap again.

“No.” I leaned forward and put my hands on the side of her thighs and gently pulled her forward to the edge of the couch. When she was close enough, I moved my hands up to her hips and held them in place there. “No one hates you, Izzy. Just let go of your stubborn pride and let it all go.”

Izzy leaned forward and rested her head on my shoulder while her arms rested loosely around my neck. “Can you do that for me?” She didn’t say anything in response; she just nodded her head lightly while I rubbed her back. “Good. Because honestly, Izzy, if you can’t then we can’t be together. I can’t deal with being in conflict every day with all of my friends. I wont deal with it.”

“Ok.” She spoke softly and nuzzled her face in my neck. I felt bad talking to her that way, but with Izzy, a firm hand was necessary to get through to her. I lifted her up with me while I stood and she lifted her head from my shoulder. “I’m going to call down to the kitchen and order breakfast. Do you want something?”

“No.”

“Not even some toast?” She shook her head no and my guess was she was to upset to eat. “For me?”

“ok”

“Good.” I smiled and set her back down on her feet. “I’ll go call.” Before walking in to the kitchen, I kissed the top of her head. I knew tomorrow would be a hard day for her, but if she could swallow her pride, things would be a hell of a lot easier for everyone.

-----------
The Rev
----------

“Ahhhhh it’s good to be home.” I set our bags down and fell onto the couch pulling London down with me.” “So, did you enjoy our trip?” We went on the cruise fully paid for by Shadows and it was nice to spend some time away from all the drama, but we ended up coming home early anyway. One can only wonder what tomorrow would bring.

“I did.” She nodded. “Except for the part where I got sea sick and threw up all over you.”

“Yeah, that wasn’t my favorite part either.” I laughed. “But now we’re back on dry land so you wont be throwing up on me any more right?”

“I hope not.” She shrugged.

As I lifted my head from the couch, I looked around my place and then down at her. “I think this place needs a make over.”

“What’s wrong with it?”

“It’s missing a woman’s touch. This is your home now too, but nothing about it says London.”

“I don’t mind that.” She smiled as she looked up at me.

“Well, I do. I want you to feel like this is your home and not that you are living in mine. It’s ours now.”

London put her arms around my neck and pulled me down for a kiss. I might add that I was quick to oblige her. “I don’t know anything about decorating.”

“Me either.” I shook my head. “We can wing it. Maybe you can get your sister to help. That could be fun for you.”

“Ok.” She smiled.

“Just one small request?” I raised an eyebrow as I looked down at her.

“What is it?” She asked.

“Just don’t go all girly frou frou on me. I know this place is a man cave right now, but I don’t want to come home one day to a forest of pink.”

London laughed heartily at my request and I settled my head down on her shoulder. She brought her hand up to my cheek and left it there. “I love you, Jimmy.” I took her hand from my face and kissed it.

“I love you too, Sugar Plum.”

-----------
Christ
----------

I could hear her giggle, it was just a matter of time. “Hmmm, I bet Chelsea is in the closet.” I yanked the closet door open, but she wasn’t in there. I stood there scratching my head pretending I didn’t know where she was hiding.

“Well, I guess I was wrong.” It was hard not to smile when she laughed again. The more I was around her, the more I wanted to be around her. She kept me on my toes, that’s for sure.

“Maybe I should try the kitchen.” When I walked towards the kitchen she giggled again. “I bet she’s in the refrigerator!” I opened the refrigerator door and looked inside, knowing she couldn’t fit in there, but I played along with her little game of hide and seek. “Shoot, I thought for sure she was in there.”

As I walked out of the kitchen, it got very quiet. I knew where she was hiding, but this was too much fun. I walked into the bathroom and stripped off my shirt. “I give up, guess I’ll just take a shower. Without moving the curtain to the side, I reached my hand in and turned on the cold water at full force.

Chelsea screamed and jumped out of the shower. It was probably the funniest thing I’ve ever seen. “Now how did you get in there?” I asked with a mock shocked expression.

“I was hiding the whole time!” I grabbed a towel and wrapped it around her shivering body.

After reaching into the shower and turning off the water, I brought her back to my room. “I think you’re going to have to get out of those wet clothes.”

“I don’t have anything to wear.” She stood there shivering with the towel wrapped around her.

She could certainly fit into my clothes. I walked over to my dresser and pulled out a t-shirt and a pair of shorts that looked like they would fit her. “Here, put these on.”

She took the clothes from me and started taking off her shirt. “You know if you lived here, we wouldn’t have this problem.”

“Yeah, that’s true.” She agreed as she slipped the shirt over her head. It fit her perfectly.

“So…” I walked over to her and took the towel from where she laid it and draped it over her head to dry her hair. “Why don’t you just move in?”

Chelsea turned around to face me and looked at me seriously. “You mean, live here. Like …with you?”

“Like…with me. Yes.” I nodded.

“I’d like that.”

“Me too.” I smiled as I continued to dry her hair. “By the way, I found you. So, what do I get?”

She grinned devilishly and reached for my belt buckle. I had a feeling this was going to be a great day.

---------------
Vengeance
---------------

Things over the last week had finally started to settle down and return to normal. Of course I probably just jinxed myself because tomorrow was still to come.

“What are you doing?” I sat down on the bed beside Marisol and looked down at a book she was holding.

“I’m looking at butterflies.” She smiled.

“Why?”

“Because London doesn’t want the “M” on her shoulder anymore, so we’re going to get her a butterfly too.”

I moved to sit behind her and pulled her up so she sat between my legs. After wrapping my arms around her, I looked over her shoulder down at the book she was holding. “Tell me why the butterfly is so important to you all. You have one, Izzy has one and now London.”

She closed the book and after setting it down beside her, she leaned back against my chest. “Izzy took me to get my tattoo. On my 16th birthday, she asked me what I wanted and I couldn’t think of anything.”

“So she got you a tattoo?” Seemed a little odd to me to take a 16 year old to the tattoo parlor because she couldn’t think of a birthday gift.

“Well, it wasn’t that simple. I didn’t need a gift I needed something for me. So, I told Izzy that I wanted something to symbolize my transformation from child to woman. She told me that a butterfly is a living, breathing symbol of life’s transformation, but she couldn’t catch a butterfly for me, so she offered to take me to get one tattooed on my shoulder.”

“That’s nice. I like it.” She seemed a little sad and my guess was it’s because she had missed Izzy a great deal. My chin sat on her shoulder as I held her around her waist. “Maybe we could get tattoos together.”

Mari turned her head to the side and kissed my cheek. “What kind of tattoos?”

I grabbed her left hand and held it in mine while my thumb ran over her finger closest to her pinky. “How about we get matching rings on this finger?” She looked at me like she wasn’t sure what I was asking her, but I was dead serious. I knew this girl was the one for me. “Kind of a different type of transformation. See, a circle has no end, it’s kind of like saying we’ll be together forever.”

“I like that.” She smiled. “Ok, lets do it!”

I laughed at how excited she was. It really didn’t take much to put a smile on her face and honestly, it was the smile on her face, that put the smile on my face.

------------
Gates
-----------

As I had promised, I spent every minute of every day of the last week with Kristina. I showered her with all the love I had to give. So much so, I don’t know how she didn’t get sick of me.

“You know you really are going to have to let me out of this bed sooner or later.” She smiled up at me as her stomach growled, but I ignored her and kissed her again as I had been all morning.

“Somebody hungry?” I whispered against her lips and she kissed me while rubbing my lower back.

“I’m starving Bri, I want pancakes.” My lips had found her neck as she spoke, I didn’t want to let go of her. She moved her head to the side and that only gave me better access to her neck and collarbone. “Please. Call the kitchen.”

I lifted my head up and sighed in frustration before rolling off her and getting out of bed. As she asked, I walked to the kitchen and called downstairs to order breakfast. When I came back to the room she was standing in front of the bed tying the belt from her robe around her waist. I walked past her and stubbed my toe on the dresser. “FUCK!” I yelled at the top of my lungs making her jump.

There is no worse pain than stubbing your toe. I saw stars. “Are you ok?” She asked. Here it comes. Everything I had been holding onto for the last few months.

“No.” I shook my head and turned back to look at her. “You know what. No, I’m not ok.”

“Well, what’s wrong then?” She asked as she sat back down on the edge of the bed.

This wasn’t her fault, but she was about to get the brunt of it all. I braced myself against the dresser unable to look at her and shook my head. It wasn’t fair.

“Brian?”

At the sound of my name, I turned my head and looked in her direction. “When do I get to have my turn?”

“What do you mean?”

I pushed off the dresser and ran my hands through my hair in frustration. “When the fuck do I get to break down?” I didn’t want her to see me like this, but I couldn’t control it anymore. “I have been the strong one through out all of this.” I let out a huff and bit my lip forcing back tears that were slowly coming to the surface. I had Shadows’ back the whole time during the situation with Izzy. Never once did I ever even have to think about it. Even after you two were together, I still had his back.”

A look of guilt flashed across her face and I really wasn’t trying to direct my anger at her, but I had to get it out of my system. “Izzy was a fucking basket case and I was there for her as much as I could be to the point where I let my own relationship suffer, but did it stop me? No, it didn’t.”

I paced back and forth across the rug while Kristina watched me throughout my little tirade. “Vengeance lost his fucking mind and who was there to pick up the pieces? ME!” I didn’t mean to shout, but that’s what I did. “I stayed strong for him when Sammy died. Now he has Marisol and couldn’t be happier, and what do I do?” I stood there with my hand on my hips looking at her almost as if I asked her the question directly, but I really didn’t want an answer. “Do I bother mending my broken relationship?” I shook my head.

“No. I went and started a plan to get even with Marco for what he did so that Shadows and Izzy could have some peace and hopefully heal without Marco interfering again. So without any regard for the one person I truly love, I spent day after day away from her at the mansion doing something for the sake of everyone else, her included.”

Before I could continue I heard the elevator bell sound. Room service was here. I left the bedroom and went to get the tray. When I came back I set it down on the end table and looked back at Kristina who looked like she was going to crack at any second.

“Do I get to be the one to fall apart and loose my mind? Do I get to be the one to cry because I hurt too? No, because I’m the strong one, the peacemaker that has to be there for everyone else.”

Kristina looked at me like she wanted to say something, but I wasn’t finished. “So, now that it’s all said and done, all I want to do is spend the morning in bed with my girl showing her how much I love her over and over again and she wants pancakes.”

I picked up the tray and set it down on the bed beside her. “Well, here’s your fucking pancakes. Enjoy.”

I walked away from her into the bathroom and as soon as the door closed, I felt guilty.
♠ ♠ ♠
So, here are a few stories that currently have my attention and maybe you will like them as well.

He Never Came by Last Words Unspoken – Original Idea and well worth the read.

Love Versus Lust by Damsel of Darkness
Author takes a long time to update, but the chapters are extremely long and worth the wait every time.

The Horror of our love by Charmed Luna
It’s a sequel, but I highly recommend all of Charmed Luna’s stories. She’s one of my favorite authors on Mibba.

And an MCR one I just started reading. I like MCR, but I’m not a huge fan. Story seems to be off to a good start though. I Live to Kill by xXRipMyHeartOpenXx

So, read em, comment the hell out of them…subscribe to them! And feel free post the links in the comments to stories you think I might like. I don’t care, I’m always up for a good read.