‹ Prequel: We Come Out At Night 4

We Come Out At Night 5

Chapter 39

------------
Shadows
------------

I woke Izzy by trailing light kisses along her collarbone up the side of her neck. “You better be my boyfriend, because if you’re not, you’re in for one hell of a beating if he catches you.” She said with her eyes still closed. I chuckled against her neck and continued with my onslaught of tender kisses. “I’m warning you. He’s a big guy with arms that can crush your head.”

I laughed again and moved my lips to her ears. “I’m not scared.” I whispered and my breath against her ear made her giggle.

“Consider yourself warned.” She teased and I couldn’t resist pressing my lips to hers. “mmm, you’re really asking for it now.” She said against my lips and this time I ignored her and just continued to kiss her. She brought her hand to my face and joined me in the kiss. The night before couldn’t have gone better. It was the Izzy I knew and fell in love with. We never quite made it through dessert because after she gave me the cherry from her sundae, she kissed me and then it was on. Neither one of us could keep our hands off each other. It was almost as if we were together for the first time.

I broke the kiss and she opened her eyes to look up at me. “Don’t get the wrong idea about me buddy, I don’t usually have sex on the first date.”

I propped my self up on one elbow and smiled down at her. “I still respect you in the morning.” She laughed and rested an arm behind her head.

“Can we have date night again?”

“Yep. When ever you want.”

“Ok, but I’ll have to make sure my boyfriend doesn’t find out.” She teased again and this time I put my hand on her side and looked down at her with a menacing grin. “Don’t you dare,” She warned, but I couldn’t resist. I wanted so badly to hear the sound of her laughter that I just had to tickle her. Laugh she did and tried to stop me with her hands, but I pinned them over her head. “I love you.” She said smiling up at me.

“That was a low blow.” I tapped her nose with my finger and she giggled. “I love you, too.”

“Matt!” I heard my name being called from the other room and I looked down at Izzy who was trying not to laugh this time.

“Mother fucker, I swear to God we have to move.” I got up of the bed and threw on a pair of jeans before walking out into the living room. Christ was pacing back and forth along the carpet.

“This better fuckin be good!”

“Dude, this is killing me.” He threw his hands up in the air and sat on the arm of the couch.

“What is?” I have no idea what he is referring too, well maybe I do just a little.

“This morning I wake up and walk into my living room to find Chelsea and London sitting on the floor laughing. When I asked what was so funny, both of them just continued to laugh and didn’t answer me. You gotta tell me what the hell is going on.”

I knew, but I wasn’t going to be the one to spoil the fun. “I have no idea.”

“Oh come on! My girlfriend is driving me crazy!”

“Yeah, well mine was just about to drive me crazy until you interrupted, so I guess we’re even.”

He rubbed his hands over his face and stood up. “Last night, she asked if I had a fear of clowns and asked me to try on a rainbow colored wig and a red nose.” I lost it. I stood there laughing at the mental picture and couldn’t help myself.

“Just go with it.”

“That’s what Jimmy said! I don’t want to wait until tonight; I want to know what the hell is going on. I feel like I am about to be the butt of a huge joke.”

Too bad for him because I was about to be saved by the hot girlfriend. Izzy walked into the living room with a sheet wrapped around her body. Her hair was messy as it hung down over her shoulders, but she never looked hotter. “Sorry, I’m taking back what’s mine.”She told Johnny as she grabbed my hand and I waved a good bye to him and followed her back to the bedroom. I guess Izzy wanted to make up for lost time. I missed the days when she was like this. Never again will I take her for granted.
♠ ♠ ♠
Johhny get's his answers in the next chapter....