‹ Prequel: We Come Out At Night 4

We Come Out At Night 5

Chapter 7

-------------
Gates
-------------

I walked Izzy back down to my floor and she was more hysterical than I’d ever known her to be. I’d seen her cry before, but Izzy was down right loony bin material right now. Then again, so was Shadows.

“Sit down.” When she sat on the couch I went to the kitchen and grabbed a bottle of Jack and two glasses. I came back and found her wiping her eyes and still sobbing quite a bit.

I sat down on the coffee table so that I was directly in front of her. After pouring her a drink and handing her the glass, I poured one for myself and sighed. “Izzy, tell me in your own words everything you remember about the morning Marco was here.”

Her hands were shaking as she held the glass. “What does that have to do with Shadows cheating on me?” She cried.

I sighed again and set my glass on the table before giving her a stern look. “Izzy, I’m really fucking tired and it’s been one hell of a day. Just do what I asked please.”

She sipped her drink slowly and as the glass came away from her lips, she looked at me and managed to calm her sobbing long enough to start talking. “Marco called me and said he signed the divorce papers and if I wanted them, I had to meet him behind the casino. So, I went down there as he suggested, but he lied. He never had the divorce papers.”

“Then what?”

“He told me that he wanted me to go with him and that I couldn’t refuse because there were sharpshooters in the casino and they would kill Matt if he gave the word.”

She drained her glass and I was quick to refill it. “Keep going.” I encouraged her to continue on knowing that the worst part of this was about to come out.

“I refused. I begged him to leave me alone and he said no and that’s when…” She looked at me with sheer horror spreading all over her face. “That’s when Kristina came around the side of the building and tried to pull me away from him…and he…he…he killed her.” Ok now it was me who was confused. “Brian, I’m so sorry. I never wanted Kristina to die.” She was sobbing again and obviously she didn’t know what happened with Kristina.

“Izzy, Kristina is alive.”

“What?” Her hand covered her mouth in surprise and she shook her head. “I saw her, I saw the blood, Brian.”

“I promise you, she’s alive and you’ll see her tomorrow. Now continue. What happened next?”

“He told me I had 15 minutes to go tell Matt it was over and if I didn’t show up in 15 minutes, he would kill him.”

That was exactly what Kristina had told me and Shadows in the hospital. I finished off my drink and refilled both of our glasses. The more she drank the better my chances of her passing out and sleeping through the night. “What happened next, Izzy?”

She seemed to be thinking as if trying to remember. “I went upstairs to see Matt and we had a fight. I did what Marco said and went back down to the limo. Then I woke up in your guest room. I assumed Matt saved me, I guess I was wrong.”

Oh she had no idea how wrong she was. I held my glass in my hand and looked down into the liquid as I swished it around. “Izzy, that’s not what happened. Maybe you better finish your drink before I continue.” Her face turned another shade paler than it already was. She never took her eyes off me as she drank the rest of the Jack. I filled her glass once again and after I set the bottle back down I turned and looked at her contemplating how I was going to put this mildly.

“There is no easy way to tell you this and it isn’t pretty so just listen. Marco took you back to The Maker’s Marc with him. None of us knew what happened to you. Kristina was pretty out of it when she made it back up here. She said your name before she passed out and we all thought that you were the one who stabbed her.”

She shook her head and I knew she was about to swear she didn’t do it, but I held my hand up urging her to be quiet so I could finish. “The day after she was admitted into the hospital, Kristina told me and Shadows exactly what you just told me about you and Marco. Shadows was so pissed off. We planned to get you out of there the next morning and when we all went to meet Shadows at his office, we found him watching the DVD of you having sex with Marco willingly.”

“It wasn’t me.” She cried.

“Izzy, please just listen to me.” I begged, I really just wanted to get some sleep so I could get up early and go get Kristina. “London went to The Maker’s Marc without telling anyone. She was going to give herself up to Marco in exchange for you, but she didn’t know about the DVD. The Rev, Vengeance and I went after her and when we got there we found you. You kept referring to Marco as Shadows.”

“What?” I know she was confused, and like I told her, this wasn’t going to be pretty.

“Izzy, Marco shot you up with all kinds of hallucinogens. It was you on the DVD, only you believed that Marco was Matt. We took you out of there and brought you back here. Matt had been so angry about the whole thing so we kept it from him that you were here and didn’t plan on telling him until the drugs wore off.”

She was at a loss for words. She just looked at me as if she had been the butt of the worst joke known to man and actually, she was. “Izzy, he doesn’t know about the drugs yet. We were going to tell him once he got over his anger.”

She shook her head and wiped the fresh tears that fell. “You have to tell him. Brian please he thinks I cheated on him.” She was begging me and if it weren’t the middle of the night I would go back up to the penthouse, punch Shadows in the fucking head and force him to listen to me.

“I will, I promise. Tomorrow after we’ve all had a good night sleep and have clear heads.”

She put her glass down on the table and looked like she was in a daze. “Come on. Lets go to bed.” I reached for her hand and when she took it, I led her back to the guest room and put her to bed only this time, I locked the door.

-----------------------------
The following morning
-----------------------------

“Someone call for a taxi?” I said as I walked into Kristina’s hospital room. She was sitting on the bed with her bag next to her and her “Gates” bear in her arms.

“Wasn’t me. My boyfriend will be here any minute to pick me up.” She teased and I walked right over to her and kissed her lips. We laughed together when I pulled my lips from hers.

“Ready to go?” I asked.

“Yes” She nodded and I lifted her up in my arms and carried her down to the car. On the drive back to the casino, I explained the situation with Izzy to Kristina along with everything else that had been going on. Although she had sympathy for Matt and Izzy, she felt the most bad for Johnny, Chelsea and London. “Were home.” I smiled as I got out of the car and went around to the other side to get her out. I carried her all the way up to my floor and when we got there, Johnny was sitting on the couch. He agreed to stay and keep an eye on Izzy while I went to get Kristina. I hated to ask him to do me the favor after the way he went off on me, but I knew he would want to see Kristina.

I set her down on the couch and knelt down in front of her. “I know you just got home and you have no idea how happy that makes me, but I have to leave you for a while and go take care of something. Please don’t be mad.”

“It’s ok.”

I knew it wasn’t ok and that she was just saying that to please me. I hate this. I hate that I have to be the one that has a conscience and do everyone else’s dirty work, but once I am done talking to Shadows, I’m done with it all. Kristina is my top priority and after today is over with, everyone else can go fuck themselves. “I’ll be back soon, I promise.” I looked at Johnny who was lost in his own world. “I wont be long.” I told him and he just nodded in response. Shadows better fix that fucking problem too.

I kissed Kristina before leaving and heading up to the penthouse. When I got there, I found Shadows passed out on the living room floor with his two “friends.” I shook both of the girls awake and told both of them to leave. They didn’t see it my way though and tried ignoring me until I grabbed both of them off the floor by their hair and forced them to get out physically.

And he had the nerve to call Izzy a slut after being with those two bitches. With my foot I kicked him lightly in the side. “Get up.” I told him as he glared up at me.

“Get out.” He replied and closed his eyes again. To that I walked over to the table and picked up a half filled bottle of vodka and pulled off the top. I poured the liquid right over his face and sure enough he sat up sputtering.

“What the fuck is wrong with you?” He yelled at me and I side stepped him as I walked to the kitchen to get a towel. When I came back into the living room, I threw the towel at him and hit him in the face with it.

“My girlfriend is downstairs. She just got home from the hospital and I really don’t want to be anywhere else other than with her. So, that being said, I suggest you don’t dare fuck with me and shut the fuck up. I’ll be the one doing the talking here and most likely the fucking yelling and if you dare say a word, you’ll need a fucking dentist by the time I get through with you.” He stood up and sat on the couch wiping his face with the towel.

“What is this about?”

“Really asshole? You don’t know what this is about? This is about last night. You remember Izzy don’t you?”

“Yeah, name rings a bell. Little tramp who broke my heart? Thanks for the fucking reminder as if last night wasn’t enough.”

“She may have broke your heart, but she did it unknowingly.”

“What?” He asked as he threw the towel down on the coffee table.

“Look, you heard it from Kristina that Marco threatened Izzy with your life if she didn’t leave. Izzy told me that same story last night. What you don’t know is that the DVD was a fake. Yes, it was Izzy and yes she was having sex willingly, but she believed that the person she was having sex with was you.”

“What? How fucking dumb do you think I am?” He looked at me like I was the one who was stupid.

“When we went to The Maker’s Marc, we had no intention of getting Izzy back. We went there to get London and I was truly going to kick the living shit out of Izzy for doing what I “thought” she did to you.”

“So why didn’t you?” He folded his arms across his chest and looked at me like I betrayed him, but he hadn’t heard the rest of what I had to say yet.

“I didn’t because when I saw her, she wasn’t herself. Marco shot her up with a bunch of drugs that had her seeing things that weren’t real. He had her convinced that he was you. She even called him by your name right in front of all of us. It was you she believed she was having sex with, not Marco. It was you she was saying I love you to, not Marco. She wasn’t in her right mind, Matt. He used her in the worst way possible to get back at you and he did exactly what he set out to. He destroyed you.”

Shadows sat there after taking in what I said and put his head in his hands. After a few minutes he let out a sigh and looked back at me, but still didn’t say anything. I did my part and I was done with this now. I stood up and looked down at him. “I am going down to my floor to spend the rest of my day uninterrupted with Kristina. Izzy is staying in my guest room should you decide to come to your fucking senses.” Without another word, I walked out of the penthouse and went back to my own place. Enough is enough, I had my own relationship to work on right now. I’m not Dr. Phil, I’m Synyster Gates.