Status: Active but please read, comment and subscribe (:

We'll Dream This Night Away.

"Did The Ice Stop Your Heart? Oh Wait That Was Me "

I wasn't the one to cuss but at the moment I felt like an extreme bitch. I felt as if I had just invaded Alyson's friendship with John because there I was sitting with him and talking to him while Alyson was hurt and crying. Even worse was when I saw her run away from building. At first I didn’t know why she had been crying but then it came clear as day. Her dad had promised to show up at our first gig. But like always, he backed out on his promises and made up excuses- so many that it was all I would hear come out of his mouth when I was at Alyson’s house. And today was no different.

John looked over at me with worry traced on his eyes. I bit my bottom lip in response to keep me from telling him why Alyson was visibly upset. I wasn’t entirely sure if she would want for John to know that her father was a liar.

I began standing up from my seat when John placed his hand on my forearm. “I’ll look for her, you stay.” He said before fleeting out of the café. About ten minutes went by; leaving me to distract myself with my hands but the nagging voice in my head bothered me. You should’ve been there for Aly instead of talking to John. Stupid, stupid!

I sunk in my shoulders and rested my head on top of my arms that were crossed together on the table. With a deep sigh, I closed my eyes in hopes to just calm myself and have a little faith that John would find Alyson.

“Hey what’s wrong, kid?” I raised my head enough to get a glance of a red brown mop of hair nearby my own head. I shot up straight in my chair and saw Garrett with a grin. On his hands were two large cups of coffee and his button up shirt was slightly opened, revealing his skin and undershirt.

Without thinking, I returned a smile but then I stopped myself and bit down on my fleshy lip. I shook my head at him. "I just feel guilty...about Alyson."

Garrett's grin fell a little as his eyes reflected genuine concern. "What happened to Alyson?"

I shook my head again but spoke in broken sentences, "Her dad...broke his promise of coming. And she started running...crying. John went to look for her. Should've been there to help her." I kept my hazel eyes on my fiddling hands and inhaled deeply.

"Look, Byanca, I know you feel bad for not being with Alyson but you can't blame yourself. It's not your fault but her father's." I looked up at Garrett with a questioning look. "So here, drink this and let's go help John look for her." He handed me one of the coffee cups and smiled.

I eyed the cup but took a long gulp from it. And as the hot liquid ran down my throat, my phone vibrated in my pocket.

Found her

"Thank God." I breathed.
♠ ♠ ♠
Sorry, college exams are next week. Studying for bio. And working on Health final project, and algebra parabola thingy majigger. :/

Alyssa's turn! (:

Feedback? Subscribe?