Life as Renesmee Cullen's Twin Sister

Chapter 3

It has been a week since Mommy hurt Seth. Mommy was always apologizing to him, but he just said he was fine and not to worry about it. Mommy still likes Nessie more than me. She didn’t say it out loud but I just knew it. But Daddy liked me more than Nessie. He was always holding me and he would feed me and rock me to sleep.

Nessie and I had gotten bigger, too, and that was upsetting the grownups. I didn’t know why but Nessie seemed to. In the last week, I had also started walking! It was so much fun and Auntie Rose would smile every time I walked over to her.

Today, I was sitting in the living room on Daddy’s lap and Mommy had Nessie on her lap. Grandma and Grandpa were sitting on the loveseat, Auntie Alice and Uncle Jasper were sitting on the stairs, and Auntie Rose was sitting on the other side of Daddy. Auntie Rose was my favorite Auntie and she liked me more than Nessie.

Uncle Emmett suddenly walked into the room and sat in front of the TV so I couldn’t see it.

“Uncle Emmett, move I can’t see,” I whined at him.

“Mmhmm, that’s nice,” he smiled at me and didn’t move.

“Emmett move now,” Auntie Rose demanded, but he still didn’t move.

I made a mad face at him and suddenly he was floating and moving toward the stairs. I was so surprised and suddenly Uncle Emmett dropped to the ground. Everyone in the room looked at Daddy, who was looking at me with surprise, so everyone looked at me. I sunk back into Daddy to try and hide but it didn’t work very well.

“What the hell was that?” Uncle Emmett yelled.

“Belle has a power,” Daddy said smiling down at me. “And it seems to be telekinesis.”

Auntie Rose picked me and started spinning me around. “That amazing. Our little Belle has a power.”

“Don’t ever do that again, Belle,” Uncle Emmett said coming up and standing behind Auntie Rose.

“Don’t tell her that, Emmett,” Grandpa said. “She just needs to learn how to control her power,” he walked over to me and healed out his hand. In it was a piece of candy that I love. “Do you want this Belle?” he asked. I nodded and reached my hand out for it, but he took his hand away. I frowned. Why didn’t he give it to me? I want it! And when I thought that, the candy went flying out of Grandpa’s hand.

“How can she do it?” Mommy asked Grandpa, not taking her eyes off of me.

“It looks like if she wants something, it will move, or, like Emmett, if she wants something out of her way, it will move,” he explained.

I giggled. “Let’s test that out,” I said, and thought of my favorite story book that Mommy reads to Nessie and me every night. It came flying though the open door. I smiled down at it, opened it, and started reading. Auntie Rose set me down on the sofa and the grownups started talking. I didn’t listen the rest to the conversation because I was too engrossed in my book.

Suddenly Grandma’s cold arms were around me and she was walking toward Daddy’s old room. Me and Nessie stayed in that room when Mommy and Daddy wanted to talk to everyone and couldn’t take us home. Grandma put my pajamas on while Auntie Alice put Nessie’s on. Then they kissed us goodnight, set us in bed, and left.