Status: Abandoned

Walls

Fourteen

"Where the hell is Jersey?!" Meg shrieked.

The question was directed at Kara but it was loud enough for everyone in the vicinity to hear. Meg was fuming. Fall Formal had started half an hour ago and Jersey and Alex were nowhere in sight.

"For the last time, I don't know," Kara replied, exasperated.

Meg snarled. She was beyond pissed. This was her moment and Jersey was ruining it without even being present. Bitch didn't even go dress shopping with me, Meg thought to herself and then looked down. She was wearing a tight pink dress, covered completely in sequins, that stopped midthigh. It had cap sleeves, which Meg still felt a little unsure about since she usually wore strapless dresses.

Well, maybe if Jersey had been there to help, Meg started to feel bad for herself and then stopped. She closed her eyes, took a deep breath, and she when opened her eyes again she owned the room. She smiled and beelined back to the table where she'd left her purse, and her date. Danny Levi, point guard on their high school basketball team, was feeling really stupid for having asked Megan Chung to Fall Formal. She may have been hot as hell, but she was equally as annoying.

"I can't believe she's doing this to me," Meg whined as a phone call to Jersey went directly to voicemail.

"Just forget about your stupid friend and have fun," Danny urged, "Come on, let's dance."

"No," Meg snapped back, "I'm doing this with or without that little bitch."

Danny and Meg did dance to a few songs, but she had in no way forgotten about Jersey and Alex. She danced stiffly and didn't even answer Danny when he asked what was wrong. Then Ms. Lally appeared and quietly ushered Meg away. A minute or two later the music stopped, the lights turned up bright, and Danny could see Meg standing centerstage. He was secretly kind of happy Meg was up there and no longer next to him.

She had a microphone in one hand and a small yellow envelope in the other.She waited patiently as Ms. Lally brought the crowns from backstage and placed them on a small table next to her. Meg grinned wickedly. It was showtime. Jersey still hadn't showed up but Meg didn't care anymore. She didn't need Jersey to ruin Alex, she could ruin them both of them all by herself.

"It's time to announce who will be this year's Autumn King and Queen everyone!" Meg shouted into the microphone.

Loud appluase and happy shouts echoed throughout the gynasium. Meg carefully opened the envelope and looked at the piece of paper inside. The names Alex Gaskarth and Lisa Ruocco were written neatly in cursive. Meg smiled deviously. She knew Alex would be king, he had that in the bag. Jersey though? Meg knew Jersey was no Autumn Queen, she'd always known she'd have to fake that one.

"This year's Autumn King is Alex Gaskarth!" Meg yelled with that plastic smiled plastered on her face. "And his Queen is Jersey Brennan!"

There was a slight pause. A few moments of confusion before everyone realized that the no one was going up to the stage to recieve their crowns. It didn't matter to Meg though. She didn't need them. Danny started the projector right on time and Meg silently cursed Jersey one last time before speaking.

"Well I don't know where they are, but how 'bout some pictures of the happy couple?" Meg laughed.

There was a couple of pictures of Alex and Jersey and then Danny stopped the projector. This was it. The moment Meg had been waiting for. She had been dreaming of this moment. And though it would have been better with Jersey and Alex present, this would have to do.

"So I was thinking," Meg said into the microphone, "Kings are supposed to be big and powerful, right? So maybe Alex should be disqualified, because he's tiny. See for yourself!"

Danny turned the projector on again. There for the entire school to see was a close up picture of a rather flaccid penis.

"Look!" Meg was laughing uncontrollably, "Look how tiny and pink Alex Gaskarth's dick is! And it's crooked too! And guess what else? Jersey Brennan took this picture! That's right. She pretended to like so Alex so she could get a picture of his tiny crooked dick. She's a whore!"

Ms. Lally took the microphone while another teacher went to shut off the projector. Jack, who had been standing in the back of the gym with Rian and some other friends had only been half-paying attention and just realized what happened. His face got red, his hands clenched at his sides. Jersey was so dead to him.

Meg didn't care about any of it. This was so worth the detention.
♠ ♠ ♠
So originally this was a lot longer and had some Alex/Jersey scenes as well but it got weird hopping back and forth. I think it's better as two seperate chapters. Alex and Jersey's unorthadox Fall Formal at the beach will be next chapter.