Status: Finished

No Heaven Can Help Us

Interrogation

Image

"You have to admit the movie was really good." said Jenna as her and Bam headed out of theater six.

"Yeah. It wasn't Twilight or Avatar but it was good."

Jenna rolled her eyes. "Personally, I hated Avatar."

Bam chuckled. "Me too. James Cameron should've just stuck to Titanic."

Jenna and Bam turned a corner and at that moment, Bam paused in horror. Standing in front of him were two people that he really didn't expect or want to see. Missy and her sister Jessica smirked as they eyed Bam and Jenna.

"Who is this?" asked Missy.

Bam shifted his weight from one foot to the other. He didn't know what to tell her. He didn't want to lie and piss Jenna off but he also didn't want to put Jenna into any bad situation with Missy. Jenna eyed Bam. She wasn't scared about Bam's wife. She went ahead and played it off so Bam wouldn't have to deal with any drama in his divorce.

"I'm Jenna." she looked up at Bam as if introducing herself to him for the first time. "Don't worry about what happened in the theater. It's fine." she glanced at Missy who looked a little at ease. "He spilled soda all over me. Luckily, I had another shirt in my car. My boyfriend is waiting for me so I better get going."

Bam winked at Jenna as she scurried off. He didn't want Missy knowing that he was somewhat seeing another girl. She would make his life a living hell in court.

"You look good." she told him.

Bam nodded. "You too."

"We might have a court hearing tomorrow."

"Good deal."

Missy walked away from Bam leaving her sister standing there staring at him.

"Who was she Bam? You didn't spill soda on her. I could tell by your facial expressions that you were scared shit less."

Bam smirked. "It's none of your business."

"That's a classic line. Just so you know, we could easily find out who she is."

"What does it matter? Missy chose the divorce."

Jessica was Satan in the making. Bam never really liked her. She had so many opinions of her own and it got really annoying.

"And she can make it where you can't see anyone either."

Bam called Jessica a few choice words before walking off. He found Jenna waiting for him in her car. She smiled at him as he closed the door then headed back to Los Cabos where Bam's car was waiting. Bam was glad that she didn't ask what had happened. It felt like he was being interrogated by Jessica. Like he said, what did it matter if he started seeing Jenna? He enjoyed her company, she wasn't a bitch, and they could talk about anything for hours.

Jenna pulled in front of Bam's black Audi. He glanced over at her with his ocean blue eyes. She met his gaze and smiled warmly..

"I had a good time tonight."

Jenna nodded. "Me too. Um...I don't know what is going on with you and your wife but I think we shouldn't hang out until your divorce is final. I don't' want to be in the middle of it."

"I can't be away from you. And besides, I promised Justin I would be at his game."

"But, I'm not good with drama. I mean, she is still your wife Bam."

Bam reached over to cup Jenna's cheek but she jumped away from his touch.

"And I don't know if I can trust another guy again." she implied.

"I'll make you trust me," he said sincerely. "Not every guy will hit you Jenna. I would never lay a hand on you...only in a loving way."

Jenna thought about it for a few moments. "Friends?"

"Friends!" replied Bam. "I'll see you later."

He got out of the rental car and shut the door. Jenna drove off not daring to look back. she was extremely confused about all this. She really did like Bam but he was married to a woman who seemed to be a complete psycho and Jenna had an abusive ex. If Nick found out she was seeing someone else, he would make the guys life a living hell. Jenna didn't want that guy to be Bam. He deserved more than Jenna could give him. She knew that after tomorrow, she would steer clear of Bam.