Status: Finished

No Heaven Can Help Us

Back To Work

Image

Confusion and sadness took over Jenna's emotions as she sat at her desk. She still didn't know what to do about the whole Bam situation. Maybe, she was way in over her head. She really did like him as a friend and didn't want to lose that friendship because of her stupid feelings. She decided to take a few baby steps at a time. If Nick got involved-which she assumed he would, then Jenna would get a restraining order.

"Penny for your thoughts?"

Jenna looked up and smiled at Eva. She always knew when to make things better.

"It's about Bam."

Eva smiled widely. "You still wondering what to do?"

Jenna nodded. "If you were me, what would you do?"

Eva took a seat in a chair which set in front of the desk. After the so-called date, Jenna had called Eva and told her all about it.

"Like I told you last night, I think you should be his friend. There is nothing wrong with a married man having a friend that is a girl. But, if you two are more than friends then that is wrong babe."

Jenna hadn't even thought about becoming anything more than his friend until he was divorced.

"I'll just wait it out and let fate take it's course." she finally said.

Eva smiled. "How are we doing?" she asked indicating to the books.

"We are doing great. I'm so glad that the store is popular. We'll be the next Hot Topic!"

Eva was excited that the store was moving in the right direction. "So, can I come to Justin's game tonight?"

"You just want to meet Bam!"

"Well duh!"

The two girls laughed loudly but the mood soon died when Whitney walked into the office. She had a pissed off look on her face.

"What's wrong?" Jenna asked, she thought that maybe a costumer was being difficult.

"I told him to leave but he refused."

Jenna knew exactly who he was. She felt her heart begin to quicken and her blood began to boil. How dare he show up at her work. She had every right to call the cops, but she decided to face him.

"Tell him to come in." she said.

Whitney nodded and left to retreive Nick.

"Do you want me to stay?" asked Eva.

"No, I'll be fine."

Eva left the office to give Jenna and Nick some privacy. Jenna clasped her hands together to keep from punching Nick in the face. She didn't know what he wanted. The moment he walked into the office, Jenna's mouth dropped. Nick looked like he had been drinking a lot and barely got any sleep. He took a seat in the chair which Eva had been sitting in previously. His dark eyes soon met Jenna's blue orbs.

"What are you doing here?" she asked.

"I can't live in a world without you. If you don't take me back then I'll kill myself."

Jenna smirked. "You can't blackmail me into taking you back, Nick."

Nick slowly pulled something out of his pocket. On further inspection, Jenna realized that it was a gun. She felt her heart skip a beat. What was he planning on doing with the gun? Did he plan on killing himself? Or worse, using it on Jenna? She carefully pulled her cell phone out of her pocket while Nick eyed the gun as if it was a prize pocession.

She quickly texted Eva and told her to call the cops because Nick has a gun. She then turned her phone on silent.

"Nick, killing yourself would be stupid."

Nick began to sob uncontrollably. "I want to die Jenna. I can't live without you."

"I'm sure you can."

"You don't know what I can or can't do." he shouted.

He pointed the gun at Jenna. She felt like her whole life flashed before her eyes. She didn't know what to do. She just sat there with her eyes wide with horror.

"You won't kill me. " she breathed.

Nick smirked and turned the gun on himself.

"NO!" screamed Jenna.

At once, two cops ran into the room. They pointed their guns at Nick and told him to drop the gun. When he didn't, they tackled him to the ground and handcuffed his hands behind his back. The younger officer took Nick out of the office while the older one stayed to ask Jenna questions about what happened. She gave him all the information he needed.

"What will happen to him?" she asked.

"From the information you gave me he's a danger to himself so we might have to take him to a psychiatric hospital. They will help him with his anger and suicidal thoughts." The cop eyed her casted arm. "Did he do that do you?"

"No, I got into a car wreck."

He nodded. "If you want a restraining order just come by the department and ask for Officer White. I don't know how long they will keep him in the hospital but it will probably only be a few weeks."

"He'll get out and probably come after me."

"With a restraining order he'll be taken to jail. Do you have anymore questions?"

"No. Thank you."

Jenna felt hot tears slide down her cheek. Just because she wasn't in love with Nick anymore didn't mean that she didn't care about him. She hoped that his visit to the psychiatric hospital would help him out. At least, for a while she wouldn't have to worry about him.