Status: Finished

No Heaven Can Help Us

Girlfriend

Image

The next afternoon, Jenna dropped Eva off at her house. She then drove through West Chester not really knowing what to do now. She thought about shopping, but she really wanted to go to the hospital to see Bam. But, Ryan's words last night had hurt her feelings. Eva had asked if she liked Bam and Jenna said that she did. Eva told her not to worry about what Ryan had said. If her and Bam were meant to be then they were meant to be.

As Jenna headed out of West Chester, her phone began to ring. She glanced at the caller ID to see that it was an unfimiliar number. She prayed that it was Ryan.

"Hello?"

"Jenna, it's Ryan."

Jenna's heart skipped a beat. She hoped and prayed that Bam was okay.

"How is he?"

"He's fine. He had a slight concussion but with some rest he should be okay."

Ryan paused for a moment. "He's asking about you."

"Really?"

"Yeah. He wants to see you."

"What about what you told me last night?"

"I was telling you the truth but maybe he feels different about you. Just be careful."

"Thanks Ryan. What room is he in?"

"312."

"I'll be there in a few."

Jenna hung up the phone. She did a u-turn and headed towards the hospital. When she arrived there she took the elevator up to the third floor. A blonde receptionist was located in the center of the waiting room. She didn't acknowledge Jenna so she went down a hallway with a sign labled above the door frame. It read Rooms 300-320. She took that hallway and looked at the room numbers until she found the right one. She softly knocked on the door before going inside the room. Bam was laying on the bed with an IV hooked up to him. an ice pack was placed on the back of his head. And other then him looking doped up he seemed fine.

Ryan sat in one of the chairs with a woman sitting on his lap. She warmly smiled at Jenna and stood up to greet her with a hug.

"It's so nice to meet you Jenna! I'm Angie, Ryan's fiance."

"It's nice to meet you too."

She smiled and turned back to Ryan. "Are you ready to go?"

"Yeah. We'll be back tomorrow Bam if you don't get released."

Bam nodded but his eyes were rested on Jenna. When Ryan and Angie left, Jenna nervously took a seat next to Bam.

"Justin's dad used to promise him that he'd be at one of his games. If it was a basketball game, soccer, or even baseball he'd promise to be there. After the tenth time he said that, Justin began to realize that he would never be at one of his games. "Jenna paused and looked into Bam's blue eyes. "Instead of going to see his son play, he would be getting drunk at a bar. He kept staring at the stands hoping that you would be there and the faces he made when he didn't see you were heartbreaking Bam. And I'm sure as hell not going to let any one hurt him."

Jenna sighed. "And yesterday, my dumbass ex brought a gun into my work and threatened to kill himself if I didn't take him back. I'm not going to do this anymore Bam. I like you but I don't think I can let another guy into my life."

Bam sadly looked away. "I fucked up and I'm sorry for that. As for your ex, if he ever does anything to hurt you I will personally kick his ass."

"Well, he's in a psychiatric hospital right now."

"Fuck. I'm sorry I wasn't there for you Jenna. I promise when I get out of here I will make it up to you both."

Jenna just nodded. She wanted to believe Bam but after he broke his promise she wasn't so sure.

"When do you have to take your rental car back?" he asked out of nowhere.

"Tomorrow. I got the check from your insurance company, but it's only three grand. That wouldn't be enough to buy a car."

Bam grienend. "Leave it to me!"

Jenna chuckled not really knowing what Bam had in mind.

"So, Ryan told me you tried to break up a fight and ended up taking a bat to the head."

"Yeah, that woman was a psycho. But, I only had a slight concussion. The only thing I will have is a bump on the back of my head." Bam sighed for a moment. "Fuck. he said while rubbing his temples.

Jenna quickly stood up. "What? Do you want me to get the nurse?"

"No, it's not that. I forgot that Jeff wanted all the Jackass guys to go to L.A for a week so we can shoot the opening and ending scene and do promotions."

"And?"

"I don't want to go there and come back to find out some other guy took you from me."

Jenna raised her eyebrows. "No one is going to take me from you."

"Then will you be my girlfriend?" smirked Bam.

"I barely know you."

"Then we'll get to know each other. I'll call you every night and we'll talk until we fall asleep."

Jenna smiled as she felt the butterfiles fly around in her stomach.

"Okay." she finally said.

"Okay as in yes?"

"Yes!"

Bam smiled from ear to ear. Jenna wasn't just any girl, he really had strong feelings for her. He couldn't wait to get to know her more and spend every waking moment with her.

"I better get going." she said.

"Don't be ridiculous. You're staying here. That chair your sitting on pulls into a bed!"

Jenna looked down at the chair and frowned. "Are you serious?"

"Yep!" smiled Bam.

Jenna pulled out the bed and put a blanket on the leather so she wouldn't stick to it. After she got her small bed made, she called her mother to tell her what happened to Bam and to tell Justin that's why he didn't make it to the game and that she would be spending the night at the hospital with him. Once she got off the phone, she slipped off her shoes and laid down on the uncomfortable bed. Bam better know how much she was starting to care about him because she would much rather prefer sleeping on her foam bed.

"Night babe." said Bam, she could hear the enthusiasm in his voice.

"Night." she muttered.

Jenna just smiled as she turned on her side. After about ten minutes of laying there she finally fell asleep.