Status: Finished

No Heaven Can Help Us

Philly

Image

Jenna slowly sat up as the sun entered the room. Her whole body was sore from sleeping on the couch bed. She looked over at Bam to see that he was fully dressed and out of the bed. He smiled over at Jenna warmly.

“How did you sleep?” he asked.

“Like hell.”

Bam chuckled. “They released me. So, let’s get the hell out of here. I’m driving.”

“Do you think it’s a good idea? You just had a concussion.”

“I’m fine. Just a little headache.”

Jenna put her shoes back on. She grabbed her purse and followed Bam out of the hospital. When they reached her rental car Jenna tossed Bam the keys. He slid into the drivers seat while Jenna got into the passenger. Bam drove away from the hospital and through West Chester. He then got onto the highway which led to Philadelphia.

“Why are we going to Philly?” asked Jenna.

“You’ll see!” smirked Bam.

Jenna sighed as she sat back in her seat. She texted Eva to let her know that her and Bam were heading to Philly. Eva wanted to know why but Jenna didn’t have the answer. When Bam arrived in Philly, he stopped at a McDonald’s so they could get something to eat. Some of the worker’s asked Bam for his autograph and took pictures with him. They weren’t even going to make him pay but Bam said he would. After eating, he drove down town and ended up at a car dealership. Jenna’s eyes went wide as she saw all the cars ranging from different makes and models. Jenna stared over at Bam who was smiling at her.

“Why are we here?” she asked.

“I’m buying you a car.”

“No, you’re not.”

“I know we’ve only known each other for a week but you should know me by now to know that whatever I say goes!”

“Fine!” Jenna threw her hands up giving in to Bam’s plan.

Jenna watched as a salesman headed towards them. Bam told her to pick a car while he dealt with him. So, Jenna walked over to a row of cars. It didn’t take her long to find the car of her dreams. It was a black Pontiac G6 and it was a 2008. She waved over to Bam. He walked towards her with the salesman not far behind.

“I like the Pontiac!” she said.

Bam smiled in agreement. Before buying it, Jenna test drove it around. If there were any problems with the car then Jenna would just take it to her uncle. Bam dropped down the price to a thousand dollars then paid in full to the dealer. When Bam handed Jenna the keys she began to chuckle.

“What’s so funny?” he asked.

“You do know my uncle owns a car dealership. We didn’t need to drive two hours to one.”

Bam smiled. “I’d feel bad if I tried to dupe down the price at your uncle’s car lot!”

“Oh, well thank you!”

Jenna pulled Bam into a hug and before she knew it she kissed his cheek. He softly smiled down at her.

“You’re welcome! Hopefully some jackass doesn’t pull out in front of you again.”

“I hope not!”

The two of them laughed loudly. Jenna was so grateful for what Bam did. He didn’t have to buy her a car but he did it anyway. Jenna decided to take her car while Bam took the rental. They headed out of the dealership with Jenna driving in front and Bam following behind her. She blared the radio as she drove through Philly and got back on the highway. She really did love this car. She knew if she took care of it she’d probably have it for the next ten years.

When they arrived back in West Chester, Jenna went to a gas station. The rental car place said she needed to fill up the tank before bringing it back. So, Bam went ahead and paid the gas for both Pontiac’s. Jenna told him that she would pay but he wouldn’t hear it. After they got the gas, they went to the rental car place. Jenna handed one of the workers the keys. He made sure that there weren’t any scratches or anything before letting Jenna leave. She thanked him then got back into her brand new car. Since she had enough money, she went ahead and went to her insurance company with Bam. She got full coverage insurance on the car and then went to the tag agency to get a license plate and tag. When that task was finished she headed towards Wawaset.

“I’m so tired.” She said while leaning her head against the headrest.

Bam smiled. “At least you got everything done today. You won’t have to worry about it.”

“That’s true.” Jenna pulled into the paved road that led towards her uncle’s office.

Bam hadn’t been here before so he was eager to meet her family. He just hoped that they liked him. When Jenna came to a stop in front of a small bricked office that was connected to a barn and a shop he became really nervous. Jenna sensed this and smiled.

“My uncle’s a jokester like you. Don’t worry, you’ll get along great.”

Bam nodded. From what Jenna had told him, her uncle has mainly been like her father all her life. He’s the only other man besides her grandfather that’s been involved in her life. He stepped out of the car and followed Jenna into a small office that had three desks, and seven chairs for customers to sit at. A cute black and white shit-zu dog came up to Bam and started wagging her tail.

“Hey pretty girl!” Bam bent down to pet the dog. “What’s your name?”

“Mia!” said Jenna.

“Hey Mia!”

“Howdy!” a man sitting behind the desk said.

“Uncle Freddy, this is my boyfriend Bam.”

Bam stood up and walked over to her uncle and shook his hand.

“The jackass that pulled out in front of you?” he asked.

Bam chuckled. “Yeah, that would be me!”

“He bought me a car in Philly.”

Freddie’s eyes went wide. “You mean you didn’t buy one from me?”

Bam laughed. “I told Jenna I didn’t want to rip you off. I dropped the salesman to a thousand.”

Freddy laughed. “That’s good. Let me check out this car.”

Jenna handed her uncle the keys. He took the car behind the shop where his workers were fixing up a dodge pick up and a Honda Civic. Her uncle checked under the hood and made sure that everything was working before closing it.

“Everything seems to be in working order.” He said.

“Great! If I have any problems with it I’ll bring it by.”

“Okie Dokie. It was nice to meet you Bam.”

“You too Freddy.”

They shook hands once again. This made Jenna smile. Now the only other person he had to impress was her mother; who would be off work in an hour. Jenna drove Bam up to the spanish house. She opened the garage door with the remote that was located on her new mirror visor then pulled inside. Bam got out of the car and headed towards the door. Jenna opened it and ushered him inside.

“Wow, this place is great!”

“Yeah, my grandparents liked southwest décor and so does my mom. I’m going to start dinner you can just make yourself at home.”

“I’ll help!”

Jenna smiled as she got everything out for dinner. She didn’t know why but each second she spent with Bam she began to like him even more. She knew that he would have to leave for L.A soon but she hoped that him being gone for a week would ruin their new relationship. She heard that absence makes the heart grow fonder but she’ll have to see if that quote is true or not.