Status: Finished

No Heaven Can Help Us

Rickett's Glen

Image

Bam pulled down a trail which led into Rickett’s Glen. Jenna just smiled over at him and he smiled back. He pulled to a stop in front of the main cabin and the two of them stepped out. Jenna hadn’t been here in over ten years. She loved the trails and the waterfalls. She was glad that she brought her camera with her too. They headed into the cabin which had a grill, snacks, fishing gear along with bait, and a lot of souveneirs. Jenna found a cute tye dye Rickett’s Glen tank top. She decided to buy it while Bam paid for the cabin. He also talked to the ederly man about a boat rental.

“The boat rentals are down on Dock A. It’s thirty dollars for a boat, twenty five for jet skis, and thirty five for a pontoon boat.”

“Thanks.”

“You’re cabin J in Pecan Ridge.”

The man handed Bam a key then rang up Jenna’s shirt. She was about to pay but Bam insisted on paying so she let him. When they got back in the Hummer, Bam headed through the mountain trails until they reached the Pecan Ridge camping site. He found cabin J and pulled into the small driveway next to it. There were about twenty cabins in the camp ground. There were also picnic table’s set up in the middle of the woods, there was also a small trail that led down to the river where people float down in and into Lake Jean.

Bam smirked as he ran up to the porch that contained a small table and two chairs. It wrapped around the back which also had two chairs and a small charcoal grill that was stuck in the ground and a picnic table. The back porch looked out onto the lake. Jenna thought it was so beautiful. After Bam unlocked the door, he led Jenna inside. To the left was a kitchen that contained a stove, refridgerator, and a table. On the right was a small couch bed, a end table with a lamp sitting on it and a coffee table. The next room was the bedroom that contained a bed, a dresser, small closet, and there was also a small bathroom. Jenna turned to Bam who was starting to unload things from the Hummer.

“This is great!” she said.

He just smiled. “It doesn’t take much to make you happy does it?”

Jenna shook her head. “No, it doesn’t. I think this is going to be great!”

Jenna and Bam got all their bags out of the Hummer then they got the groceries. Jenna put all the meat, condoments, sandwich meat, cheese, soda, and water into the fridge. She then went into the room to unpack all of her clothes. It took about an hour to get everything put up. Bam just opened up his suitcase.

“I’m to lazy to hang up all my shit.” He said as he landed stomach down on the bed.

Jenna chuckled. She wasn’t going to be a maid to Bam so if he wanted to leave his clothes in his suitcase he could go right ahead. Jenna grabbed a pair of pajamas then went into the bathroom. She was about to close the door but she realized there wasn’t one. She nervously turned to Bam who was still on the bed smiling at her.

“There isn’t a door.” She told him.

“Great!” Bam sat up.

“Out!” she told him.

“Fine,” Bam pouted. “I’ll be outside.”

Jenna quickly changed, took off her makeup, and went to the bathroom. It was so easy doing everything now without her arm casted. When she went outside she found Bam smoking. She didn’t know that he smoked. He turned to face her with a smile.

“You smoke?” she asked.

“Yeah. Missy used to smoke so I picked up the habit from her.”

Jenna nodded then went back into the cabin. She was a little hungry so she made herself a sandwhich.

“Do you want one?” she asked Bam when he came back inside.

“Yeah, just mustard, turkey, and cheese.”

After she made Bam a sandwhich the two of them sat down on the couch bed and ate. Jenna wasn’t for sure if they were going to sleep in the same bed or not. It really didn’t matter to her where they slept. When they finished, they nervously looked at one another.

“I’ll sleep in here.” Jenna told him.

Bam smirked. “Fuck that! We’re both sleeping in the bed.”

Jenna blushed as she followed Bam into the bedroom. She laid down on one side while Bam took the other. Soon, she found herself laughing and talking up a storm with Bam. She had no idea how long they stayed up talking but it felt great. Bam turned on his side and wrapped his arm around Jenna. Soon, she found herself falling fast asleep.