Status: Finished

No Heaven Can Help Us

Recovering

Image

The next morning Jenna was released from the hospital. Her mom greeted her in the lobby. She smiled warmly at her daughter and gave her a motherly hug.

"Your uncle and I got all your stuff from Nick's. He wasn't going to let us take anything but we threatened to call the cops if he didn't. Your uncle told him if he ever touched you again he'd kick his ass."

Jenna sighed. "I'm an idiot for staying with him."

"Yeah, you were an idiot. At least you came to your senses."

Angie and Jenna headed out of the lobby towards her mom's Tracker. Jenna carefully got in the car. She tried not to hit her arm on anything. Once she buckled up she noticed the police report sitting on the dash board. Jenna read through the report. It basically said that the accident was Bam's fault. He had gotten a citation for failure to yield.

"You need to call your insurance company first thing in the morning and tell them about the accident."

"And will they get a hold of his insurance?"

"If not then I will. You'll probably get three thousand for your car since it was eleven years old."

Jenna nodded. Her car was old but it was a really good car. It never gave her any problems. She had kept it up and running. She knew her next car would also be another Pontiac. Before heading home, Jenna got her prescription of pain pills filled and they stopped by The Black Angel to make sure that everything was fine. Eva said that she would take over until Jenna got back. On the way home, Jenna was very jumpy. She knew it would take a while for her to feel safe in a car again.

Jenna's mom lived about five miles out of West Chester. The house along with the car lot was located alongside the main highway. Angie turned onto the property. The car lot was located right passed the iron gate. Jenna saw some trucks, Honda's, Mustangs, and Saturn's but none of them sparked her interest.

"If you ask Freddy I'm sure he could find you a car that you want." said Angie.

"I want another Pontiac."

"Maybe a G6," suggested Angie. "They are good cars. Or even a Grand Am."

"I might get a G6. Those are really good cars."

Angie drove down the paved road until she reached the office. She stopped in a small parking area then got out. Jenna followed her into the office. Her uncle was sitting at his desk while his girlfriend Mandy took the other desk. She mainly answered the phone, handled the money, and did the books.

"How are you feeling?" Jenna's uncle asked.

"Like I got ran over by a train." she replied.

He laughed. "You need to get a hold of that jackasses insurance company."

"I'm going to call them first thing in the morning."

Freddy nodded then began talking to his sister. While they were deep in conversation about the wreck Mandy began to talk to Jenna.

"I heard what Nick did to you. If I see his sorry ass I'm going to beat him with a bat." said Mandy.

Jenna softly chuckled. At first, Jenna didn't really like Mandy. She had a big mouth, always had to be right, and was rude but after two years she was starting to grow on Jenna.

"I was a fucking idiot for staying with the douche. I'm just glad I don't have to deal with him anymore."

"You know he won't leave you alone." said Mandy. "It's only a matter of time before he starts calling."

Jenna shrugged. "I've gotten my number changed because of my physco step-mom so I might as well get it changed again."

"Just say he is harassing you and won't leave you alone. They will change your number for free."

Jenna nodded. She turned around and rolled her eyes. She already knew that the phone company would change her number if she said someone was harassing her. Just like Mandy to try to be right about everything. Jenna ignored her then waited for her mom and uncle to finish talking. After they said their goodbyes Jenna followed her mother out to the car. Angie drove down the driveway towards the Spanish style house. Angie parked in the garage which was big enough to fit two vehicles.

"I set everything for you upstairs. Do you need anything?"

"No, I'm just going to rest. Thanks anyway mom."

The upstairs of the house was located above the garage. There was a door in the garage that opened up to reveal stairs. Jenna headed up them. She smiled widely when she saw her new room. Her bed sat in the room surrounded by two nightstands with leopard print lamps and candles surrounding the lamps, a TV stand stood right next to the bathroom. Her dresser was located by the closet, and a small couch and bookcase filled with books sat in a corner by the window. there were still a lot of boxes that needed to be unpacked. Jenna didn't feel like doing that right now. She took a pain pill which soon made her fall asleep.

She woke up a few hours later to her cell phone ringing. She reached over and grabbed it off the nightstand. She groaned when she looked down at the caller id. Nick was calling her. She just knew he wasn't going to give up. If things got bad she would probably have to get a restraining order against him.

"What do you want?" she answered.

"Jenna, I'm sorry. Will you please come back home? I miss you."

Jenna closed her eyes. Nick had always been a smooth talker. And the last thing she was going to do was let him get to her.

"No, we're over Nick. I don't want to be with you anymore."

Nick paused for a moment. "Then I guess I'll have to take your engagement ring back. I was going to ask you to marry me."

He's lying. Jenna told herself.

"Like I would ever want to marry you. Goodbye Nick."

Jenna hung up the phone. If he didn't stop calling her she would definitely get her number changed. She placed the phone on the nightstand. She still wasn't feeling good but she needed to get her mind off of everything so she began to unpack her belongings.