Status: Finished

No Heaven Can Help Us

Carts

Image

Bam sat outside on the deck thinking everything over. He had known Missy since they were little kids. He loved her more than anything but now, he wasn't so sure. She had changed and so had he. Now with the car wreck on his conscience he just couldn't take it anymore. He could've killed that girl. His mom had told him that she walked in on her boyfriend choking her. Bam didn't love Missy anymore but he would never ever lay a hand on her. Bam felt so sorry for that girl. She didn't deserve to put up with an abusive guy.

Missy walked onto the balcony that was located outside of their room. She stared over at Bam not really wanting to do this but she wasn't happy anymore and neither was Bam.

"I'll have my attorney contact yours." she said before leaving the house for good.

Bam felt hot tears roll down his face. For the first time ever he was completely alone in his own house. He quickly got up from the chair and headed into the house. He needed to celebrate his seperation and soon divorce from Missy. He quickly called his mom to come by and pick him up. since he was on some high pain pills he didn't want to risk driving. He was also still a little shooken up fro from the wreck.

At first, Ape didn't think it was a good idea but since it was the middle of May and the weather was nice she thought a barbeque would be good for the family. While waiting for Ape, Bam had called all his friends to tell them about Missy and to come over on Saturday for a family barbeque. Bam even found a jump jump for the kids to play on. About an hour later, Ape showed up to pick up Bam. The two of them headed into West Chester.

"Are those pain pills making you lose your mind?" she asked when they both got their shopping carts.

Bam smirked. "Come on Ape. We need to celebrate my seperation from Missy!"

Ape shook her head. "I've never known of a guy to be happy about their wife leaving them."

Bam in a way was happy but he was also sad about this whole ordeal. He wanted a party to get his mind off of everything that had happened this past year. It had been a hard one. What with him having an over dose, going to rehab, taking a marriage counseling class with Missy, and he couldn't hang out with his friends because Missy said they were all a bad influence on him.

"Well, I've figured out that maybe Missy wasn't the person I was looking for."

Ape headed down the aisles with Bam following after her. They got food and drinks for the barbeque on Saturday. Bam wasn't sure how much food they needed. At least enough to feed thirty. They pushed the carts to the check out lane that's when Bam forgot to get chips.

"I forgot the chips. I'll be right back." he told Ape.

Instead of leaving the cart, he wheeled it back down the aisle. He found the chips along with graham crackers, marshmellows, and hershey bars. He thought it would be a great idea to make smores. If the adults didn't want to them he would help his nieces. He placed the items in the cart then wheeled it back towards the front. Instead of stopping to see if anyone was pushing their cart past the aisle he pushed his out of it thats when he smashed into another cart. He peered around the corner to see an auburn haired girl staring at him with uneasy eyes.

"Sorry," he said.

"That's the second time you pulled out in front of me." she said.

Bam's mouth turned into a smirk."You must be Jenna."

Jenna slightly nodded. "And you're Bam the jackass."

Bam chuckled. He knew this girl wasn't very happy with him. Hell, if he was in her shoes he wouldn't be happy with himself either.

"Bam, what's taking you so long?" Ape said as she pushed the cart towards them. She stopped when she saw the girl from the hospital. "Jenna! How are you feeling?"

She smiled over at Ape warmly. "I'm doing better. My arm is still a little sore but the doctor said it is healing well. I should have the cast removed in the next month."

"That's good. Is Bam's insurance company going to send you a check?"

Jenna nodded. "Yeah, they came over the other day to inspect the car. I should be getting back three thousand but that's not enough for the car I want. My uncle found a 2007 Pontiac G6 that I'm interested in."

"At least you're getting something back. Did the insurance provide you a rental car?"

"Yes, and it's actually a Pontiac G5. A two door version of the car I'm interested in."

Ape smiled. "You'll get used to it before you get your own car."

"I know. Well, I really have to get going. I was going to make dinner for my family tonight."

Ape looked around to make sure no one was listening. "You're not still with that guy from the hospital are you?" she whispered.

Bam looked down at Jenna. He didn't know why but he was interested to know if she was still with the guy that had choked her in the hospital.

"No, I left him. I'm living with my mom now. She lives on Highway 75 in the spanish home where the Truck Sales are at."

Bam knew where that was at. He passed by it all the time to get into West Chester from Wawaset. He always thought the house was really cool.

"Your mom owns the house?" he asked.

Jenna looked up at him. "Now she does. It used to belong to my grandparents but my nana died when I was ten from lung cancer and my grandpa recently passed a year ago. So, he gave us the house and my uncle the double wide trailer on the land along with the shop, and the office. He now owns the truck sales."

"That's really cool." said Ape. "We better get going Bam before the ice cream melts."

Bam ignored his mother's request. He didn't know why but he felt the need to invite Jenna to the barbeque. He wanted to formerly say that he was sorry.

"We're having a barbeque at my house this saturday." he began."You should come."

Ape looked over at Bam then back at the young girl. Jenna was caught off guard by Bam's invite. She didn't want to impose if it was a family event.

"Thanks but I can't."

"Why not?" he asked.

"If it's a family event I don't want to impose."

Bam smiled. "You won't. It's sort of a celebration from seperating my wife." Bam turned to Ape. "Do you have a piece of paper?"

"Yeah."

Ape dug through her purse until she found a crumbled receipt and a pen. She handed both items to Bam who scribbled on it. He gave the pen back to Ape and handed the paper to Jenna.

"Here's my cell and address. The barbeque starts at six. I hope you can make it and again. I'm very sorry."

"I'll try." was all Jenna said. "It's nice to see you again Ape."

"You too Jenna."

Jenna grabbed her cart and pushed it to the check out counter. She didn't really know if she wanted to go to the barbeque. When she got into her rental car she stared down at the crinkled receipt. Bam lived in Wawaset which was located a few miles out of West Chester. She placed the directions in her purse then drove off. Her house which was located on the highway led into Wawaset so finding Bam's house wouldn't be a problem. It was figuring out if she wanted to go or not.