Status: Finished

No Heaven Can Help Us

Reasons

Image

Jenna headed into her mother's house with as many bags as she could carry with one hand. It was hard since her arm was broken but cabin fever was getting the best of her. It had only been five days since the wreck and she needed to get out of the house. Her mother also needed groceries so she had an excuse.

As she unloaded the groceries she thought about Bam. She really didn't know if she wanted to go to the barbeque tomorrow or not. If she did go, she would feel out of place. If she didn't go, she felt like it would be rude since Bam did invite her. He only lived twenty minutes away so if she got bored she could make an excuse to leave.

While putting the groceries away her cell phone began to vibrate in her pocket. She pulled it out with her right hand and glanced down at the screen. The moment she saw who was calling a groan escaped her mouth.

"I'm about two seconds away from changing my number Nick." she answered rudely.

She wasn't in the mood to put up with his crap.

"Babe, just listen to me." he begged.

"No. I will not listen to you. What part of I don't want to be with you anymore do you not understand?"

"Why don't you love me anymore?"

She had a billion reason why she didn't love Nick anymore.

"You hate my friends, you think I'm cheating on you, and you cheated on me. Do you want me to continue?"

Nick sighed. "I know I've been cruel to you and I'm sorry."

"Why have you been?"

"I've just been jealous of you. Your dream of opening your own boutique came true and my dream hasn't."

Jenna thought that was a stupid excuse but she stayed on the phone.

"Go on." she said.

"I know it doesn't give me any right to hit you. I want to go to anger management classes. I want to change for you. Please, come back. I love you."

Jenna closed her eyes. She knew if she went back to him everyone would be mad at her. It was her decision though. She has always loved Nick even when he did treat her bad. His anger had always been a problem in their relationship. He got mad when nothing went his way. Did Jenna want to stay in that kind of relationship?

"I'm sorry. I don't love you anymore."

Nick's staggered breath could be heard on the other end of the phone.

"You're fucking someone else aren't you?"

Now his true colors were coming out.

"Oh yeah Nick. I'm fucking someone else." she replied sarcastically. "If you call a purple device in the shape of a penis as fucking then I guess I am! Don't call me anymore."

She hung up the phone and placed it on the table. He was never going to give up. He had lost someone to control and it pissed him off. Jenna just felt sorry for the next stupid girl that fell for his stupid charm. She got up from the chair that she had been sitting on and began to start dinner. Her mom would be off in an hour and would pick Justin up from baseball practice. That gave Jenna plenty of time to make her famous hamburgers.