Status: Finished

No Heaven Can Help Us

Advice

Image

Jenna woke up early the next morning. She had no idea what today would unfold. She wasn't sure if she should go to Bam's barbeque or not. Who in the hell has ever been to a barbeque hosted by the person you got into a wreck with? Jenna didn't know if it was weird or not. She decided to get ready for the day and head by the shop to ask the girls what she should do. She missed her friends dearly. She also planned on apologizing to them about the whole Nick ordeal.

Jenna showered and shaved her legs since she wanted to wear shorts today. She blow dried out her long auburn hair, pulled it into a pony tail, and then put on simple makeup. She quickly slipped into a pair of jean shorts and a purple tank top. She didn't want to dress too fancy if she decided to go to the barbeque. Before leaving, she took a few tylenol's to make the pain in her arm go away. She had never had a broken bone in her body before and honestly, she didn't want to have one ever again.

She headed down the stairs and into the garage. She closed the door and almost peed her pants when her younger brother Justin came up behind her and screamed. She turned around to see him smiling from ear to ear. He wore his baseball uniform.

"Hey, do you want to go to my baseball game today?" he asked.

Jenna hadn't been to one of his baseball games in over three years because Nick wouldn't let her.

"What time does it start?" she asked.

Justin's face lit up. "It starts at one."

Angie walked out of the house and into the garage.

"He has to be there at twelve to practice. We'll go get something to eat before we head to the field."

Jenna stared down at her brother who was pleading with his eyes for her to go.

"Sure, but afterwards I have to head to the shop."

"Hop in and we'll go there now." said Angie.

Jenna got into the front seat of her mom's car. It only took twenty minutes to get to The Black Angel. Jenna headed inside with her mom and brother following after her. Whitney and Kayla were putting items on the clearance rack. They both greeted Jenna with a warm smile.

"Could Ii talk to you both in my office?" asked Jenna.

"Sure." said Whitney.

Both the girls thought they were in trouble as they followed Jenna into her office. Eva was working on the new schedule for the week. She smiled widely when she saw Jenna.

"I need to talk you to all about something. First, I wanted to apologize about shunning you all out of my life when I was with Nick. I'm officially done with him for good."

"It's about damn time!" said Kayla.

Jenna smiled over at her. "Also, I have a slight problem. I went to the grocery store yesterday and ran into Bam. He didn't know who I was until I told him. He sort of invited me to his house today for a barbeque and I don't know if I should go or not."

The girls all stared at each other with smiles on their faces.

"You'd be an idiot not to go." said Eva.

"It wouldn't be weird going to a barbeque hosted by the person I got into a wreck with?"

"Yeah, but it's Bam Margera we're talking about!" said Whitney.

Jenna finally made up her mind.

"I guess I'm going to a barbeque tonight!"

"Missy won't be there will she?" asked Kayla.

Jenna shrugged. She knew that Missy was Bam's wife.

"I don't know."

"Well, if she's there punch her in the face for me!"

Jenna and the other's laughed. They talked for the next few minutes until Jenna's mom told her it was time to go. She told the girls that she would be back on Monday. She would still have her cast on but she needed to work. She was tired of being cooped up in the house all day. She walked out of the office and found her mom browsing around the shop. This was the first time she had been inside.

"What do you think?" Jenna asked her.

"I think it's awesome!" replied Justin.

Angie turned around to smile at her daughter. "I'm so proud of you. You finally did it!"

Jenna smiled. "Thanks mom! But I also had their help!" she said, indicating to her friends.

"You all did a wonderful job."

Eva, Whitney, and Kayla all thanked Angie. They were as happy as Jenna was. Jenna felt the smile on her face grow bigger. For the first time in a long time Jenna was starting to have a really good day.