Status: Completed

We've got Chemistry

11:11 AM

Matt was Matt.
He didn't stand out, much. He is funny, smart, and especially good with math and physics. He has plenty of friends, never alone, and never in a hurry. Why should he be? If he'd late it's not the end of the world.

Amy was, perfect.
She was adorable, positive, witty and always in a rush. She was everything he was not. She had an energy about her that was contagious, he couldn't help but smile around her. She was liked by everyone, especially him. And yet, he also knew he wasn't the only one.

***

Shawn turned to Amy, and grabbed her pencil case. "Hey! Give that back please." She said, trying not to get annoyed.

"No," Shawn responded, "but how about I give you this highlighter?"

"No, come on, that one doesn't even work." Amy mumbled reaching for her pencil case. She sometimes got this strange attention. She never knew what to make of it.

Matt looked up, and saw Shawn joking with Amy, he was bothered by it but unsure of anything he could do about it. He turned back to his chemistry work as he only half listened to Dean going on about his theory of black holes.

***

She wasn't like anyone he had ever met. She was rather a person he would hang out with, that he liked talking to and spending time with. They had similar interests. They both liked Doctor Who, they liked random trivia and sarcastic jokes. (Well she always laughed at his, so he assumed she liked those jokes).

But high school is awkward, and he was shy, and in senior year, you're about to leave the school, so why start anything now?

***

Matt unconsciously smoothed his hair down, as he walked to his locker. He saw Amy, talking to her friend. Natalie, he thought her name was.

"....Nat, were you letting Katherine talk to me like that?" Amy said pretending to be offended. "Although you were the bystander, you were just as bad."

He smiled a little, she was silly.

"You're a sponge you know that? Soaking up the... how does it go?"

His smile grew wider, she was quoting Hamlet. Though not well, he might add.

***

Matt, smoothed down his hair as he walked slowly to chemistry class. He wasn't in a rush at all. He had time... he looked at his watch, the bell rang one minute ago.

Amy skipped by, and while passing Matt, she reached up to ruffled his hair.

"Oops! Messed up your hair!" She said smirking at him as she disappeared inside the class.

***

11:08 AM

The clock ticked in his law class, it felt like it was going especially slow. Katherine, a loud mouth, was shooting her mouth off about the death penalty. He rolled his eyes, she had made her opinion very clear, that criminals deserve to die.

11:09 AM

One minute has passed since he last looked at the clock. He looked at his notes, they were half finished. He stopped writing when the teacher's lecture was interrupted by Katherine. Originally they were talking about the years associated with legal paper crimes. How did they even get to the death penalty?

11:10 AM

Did he have Reach club after school? He internally groaned, he had a lot of work to catch up on, maybe he could skip. Nah, Dean would kick his ass if he did. Not literally, he would kick his ass with words. Boy that guy could talk. He didn't care about Reach that much, it was just something to do. Something for University resumees, or a way to hang out with friends.

11:11 AM

At that moment, somehow his thoughts drifted to Amy.
He wasn't sure why, she just appeared in his thoughts suddenly.
At that moment, subconsciously, Matt made a wish. Not much of a dreamer, he was practical and he would never admit that at 11:11 he wished that Amy would see him as more than a friend.
♠ ♠ ♠
Male pov's are hard to write, may seem like a pansy