Status: Completed

We've got Chemistry

Eyelash Wishes

It was just a regular day for Amy. She got up, ate breakfast, and got dressed in a cute outfit, in hopes to attract the attention of a certain someone. Strapping on her favourite sandals, she took one last look in the mirror before heading to school.

***

It was just a regular day for Matt. He threw on one of his favourite plaid shirts, before eating some cereal, and packing his backpack. He slide his feet into his shoes and upon talking one last look in the mirror, he nervously smoothed his hair in hopes it looked nice for a certain someone, before heading to school.

***

Chemistry Lab: Hess' Law Investigation...

Her teacher was writing on the board as Amy entered the class. Sitting in her regular seat, she dully noted Dean wasn't here. She didn't register the possible consequences.

"Pair up and pick a lab station, and make sure you only use 0.5 grams of magnesium oxide, we have two other classes doing this lab as well." The teacher said boredly, heading to her desk to most likely play solitaire on her computer.

Amy looked around, Gwen her only friend in the class partnered up already, she looked around and felt her heart kick into overdrive when she saw Matt was doing the same.

She swallowed quickly in hopes to slow her pulse. It didn't work. She turned to Matt "Partners?" She asked raising her eyebrows. He smiled in response as he agreed.

Grabbing goggles, they started the lab.

***

"You stir."

"No you."

"Maaaatttt!" Amy whined out.

"Aaaammmy!" Matt mocked.

"Let's rock paper scissors it." Amy suggested, making a fist.

"You're on."

Amy fortunately picked sissors while Matt foolishly went for paper. "You're stirring, 5 minutes, loser!" Amy said, of course joking.

At this moment, with them joking and smiling, Matt could almost sense Amy liked him more than a friend. But he was never sure. He fake pouted before grabbing the glass stirring rod.

***

"How'd you balance this equation?" Amy asked leaning over. Matt, was aware of her presence and her body heat.

"Um, 2, 1, 3, 1," he responded reading off his coefficients.

"Oh true! I see what I did wrong!" Amy said, as she looked at his sheet and hers. Matt watched her, bent over her paper, writing, erasing, writing and erasing. She was so close, and yet so far.

"Amy? I--" he stopped himself.

Amy looked up from her paper as Matt spoke, "Yeah?" she responded, before her heart caught in her throat at the look in his eyes. She froze, and Matt couldn't speak.

The bell rang, breaking the awkward situation.

As Matt gathered up his books, he noticed the words; "saved by the bell" run through his mind.

***

Matt sighed as he sat down on the curb tiredly in front of the school. He has just finished senior Reach practice and was now waiting for his mom. He closed his eyes and tiled his head back feeling the sun on his eyelids.

He opened them and turned around when he heard the side door open.

***

Amy 's sandals made a quiet snapping sound as she walked through out the school. She had just finished an article for the yearbook. She wanted to head home ASAP because she had a ton of calculus homework as well as chemistry due to the fact that she couldn't concentrate too well around Matt. She rubbed her eyes tiredly before opening the side door.

She opened the side door and walked out into the sunlight. She noticed a guy sitting on the curb.

***

"Matt?"

Matt turned to see Amy coming out of the school. Suddenly he wasn't so tired anymore.

"Hey, Amy." He responded.

"Hey," Amy, would have walked straight pass him to her car, but instead plopped down right next to him. "What are you here after school for?"

"Reach practice. You?"

"Yearbook, how's the team doing?"

"Well we are competing at finals next week, we seem confident, but I don't know."

"You guy's are fine, Mr. Hruff coached senior Reach right?"

"Yeah he does, "

"He's cool,"

"Yeah, he is. So what about you Amy, how's the yearbook looking?"

"Pretty good, but we're still in the early stages of it. Oh and I saw your baby grad photo, it was adorable!" Amy said giggling.

"Ha, Okay make fun, I was a chubby kid."

"No, no! You were so cute! I was a chubby kid too, of course, there's no comparison, I was way cuter. Although I am jealous of you're mushroom haircut!"

"What? I was a adorable!"

"Nuh-uh!" Amy said teasingly getting closer to Matt, still giggling.

"Yuh-huh!" Matt retorted, his smile still huge as he leaned closer.

Amy's giggles subsided when her breath caught in her throat as she registered their closeness. Neither of them moved.

Matt spoke, saying the first thing that came to mind. "You know," he said lifting his arm to her face, "You have an eyelash, right here," he finished, his breath barely above a whisper as his finger touched her cheek. "My mom says eye lashes are good luck," he mumbled. "Make a wish," he said his voice rough.

Amy lifted her hand to grasp his wrist that held the eyelash. She closed her eyes briefly wishing for the one thing that would make this moment better. She opened her eyes and blew the eyelash away. She stared into Matt's eyes, while he looked back, making eye contact before leaning in. Amy's eyes fluttered closed as their lips met in a sweet kiss. Matt began to pull away, but Amy pulled in back in with another kiss.

After a few moments they broke away eyes on each other. They smiled at each other.

"What did you wish for?" Matt asked.

"Doesn't matter," Amy responded, "It already came true."