Sequel: Broken
Status: One-Shot

Were So Broken

1/1

Reno Bisante had just lost everything that ever meant anything to her. Her father, Allen Bisante, had just recently passed away and Reno was left with nothing. Nothing but a normal sized, neon in color, microphone that he had been waiting to give her on the day of her first stage performance. He always knew she would be star, she was going to continue chasing that dream. Nothing could stop the teenage girl now, nothing would come in between her and this dream. Reno loved screamo music, her father was the one who introduced her to it, and her favorite band had recently suffered a loss. Two of their members decided that they didn't want to peruse in a music career anymore, so they packed their bags and left. To Reno it didn't make any sense of why they had left, it never did and it never would.

The band went by the name of BrokeNCYDE witch actually meant broke-in-side. Two of the members had started the band after horrible break-ups with their girlfriends, they felt broke in side. The result was an amazing band that has attracted thousands of fan world wide. After the loss of two band members they were looking for a replacement, boy or girl, it didn't matter. Reno knew that this was her only chance to peruse her music career. It was a Wednesday morning when she set out to a studio in the heart of Dallas, why the band had chosen to go there we may never know, but that's where things were going to take off. She drove down to the studio with a slight smile on her face. She didn't want to seem to anxious when she first met them, they were her idols. Upon arriving at the large studio she fixed her hair and took a sip of water, her throat was drier than it had ever been. A dry throat is no good when trying to properly scream for a song. She exited the car and walked quickly up to the glass doors. "This is it", she thought as she entered the door and went straight to the front desk.

" How may I help you sweetie?" A middle aged woman asked from behind the desk

" I'm here for the BrokeNCYDE auditions" Reno said with a smile trying not to rush the lady

" Down that hall", she pointed to the left where Reno could see the starting of a hallway, " The room will be on your left, number 803"

Reno gave her a quick 'thanks' before hurrying down the hallway. She didn't want to be late, that was the last thing she needed right now.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

In room 803 many things were happening. The only noises you could hear were screams from the people auditioning at the moment. The band members, Se7en and Antz, were only impressed by a few of the people they had seen that day. They didn't think they would find anybody that would fit the part. Either they were no good at screaming or their appearance (clothing) wasn't the way they had expected. Some of them were dressed for the part, in tight skinny jeans and a colorful tee shirt, but others were terrible. One man came in dressed like a hoodlum of some sort and one girl came in a dress. "What's wrong with these people?", Se7en thought to himself as the last person left the room.

When Reno walked into the studio the two boys couldn't believe their eyes. She was dressed the part and was pyhsically attractive, something they were hoping for. She had a nice smile and petty eyes, she was perfect. Se7en walked her over to the booth and opened the door for her, something he usually never did, and Reno was more than happy. Once everybody was situated in their places they began to chat.

" So what's your name?" Antz asked into the speaker so Reno could hear from inside the booth

" Reno Bisante" Reno replied happily as she tried to hide her nervousness

" Kay, what are you going to sing for us today?" Se7en asked scooting forwards in his seat

" If you don't mind I'd like to try one of your songs, Jealousy?" She was even more nervous now

Once the boys gave her the okay she cleared her throat and took a sip of water. She picked up the head phones off of a small black chair and stepped towards the recording microphone. She cleared her throat once again before starting the song.

"Now I can feel it I'm seconds away from everything
And anything that gets in my way I will break with energy
Disintegrating, these thoughts are fading so vagrantly
This rage in me will end thee existence of all fake emcees
Now I can see it, it's something a little different
It's the gimmick I created and made it into an image
The dull particles of my brain, I am not finished
This is only the beginning of my rhyming experience"


She abruptly stopped there and looked up at the boys who were sitting on the other side of the glass. "Did they like it? Was I terrible?". So many questions were running through her head at that exact moment. The band members were utterly shocked, she was amazing, better than anybody else they had heard from that day. Se7en automatically wanted to put Reno in the group but Antz was weary. He figured that if Se7en and Reno had a scream off and she beat him then she was good enough to be in, there wasn't very many girls who had vocals like that, she was amazing. Reno accepted the challenge with a grin and patted Se7en on the back once he stepped into the booth with her.

" Your goin' down girl" Se7en said with a smile

" Oh really now? We'll see" was Reno's reply

They decided to sing " FreaXXX" since there was two different parts, they would first test her by doing a duet. If she could keep up then she earned bonus for that, if she couldn't then she was out. Reno did her best at the song and her voice went perfectly along with Se7en's. It sounded great to both band members. They sing Schizo next to see if she could yell/scream while trying to keep a tempo. She did it perfectly. Now was the final test. She had to beat Se7en in a scream off and they were more than happy to do it.

" If you beat em' then your in, if ya' lose then your out" Antz said into the speaker with a sly smile, he thought she was going to lose, he believed in Se7en's abilities.

Reno nodded and took a sip of her water. "Win. Win Reno, win", she told herself over and over again. Se7en started off and screamed the best scream he could possibly muster. Reno thought she couldn't take him, but she screamed with all of her force anyways. By the looks on their faces she knew she was winning. Se7en screamed again, better than before, and extended it as long as he possibly could. Reno topped that scream once again. After five tries Reno still had Se7en beat. He looked at her defeated and said:

" Well Lil' Rizzo, your quite a screamer. Your in"

And just like that Reno was welcomed into the band with open arms. She had beat Se7en of BrokeNCYDE, she wanted to scream it to the world but her throat was too sore. "I'm in, I've done it dad, I made it".
♠ ♠ ♠
Well what do you think? I'll probably edit this as "Broken" goes on but I'm not sure just yet. Tell me what you think. If you want more then go read "Broken" it's on chapter 7-8 I believe and will be updated once again tomorrow afternoon. Thanks :)

-Reno