To Live Her Life

Background

Everything started so long ago

The invasion... Well if you could even consider it that.

They both grew up in two completely different worlds. Not only did their genders have a plot in this fact but so did the language and culture of said two individuals as well.

~~~~~

Oceané, was raised in a tough situation, under rather “dire” circumstances. She is, and always was, considered a “bastard child;” being born from and Arabian woman's womb, to a Indian man. Though, the woman's husband was in no shape or form Indian. Not by a long shot. After the husband found out that “their” baby looked nothing like him, the baby having a lighter skin tone than normal Arabian women despite being covered at all times, Oceané's mother was flogged and stoned to death. It served as punishment for immorality, adultery and for her knowingly lying.

If only the government, the woman's family even, had believed desperate plea's of being raped by that Indian man months ago... But it was too late, she was already considered dead to everyone. And so became of her.

Meanwhile, after the fact, Oceané's “father” (the man who raised her in his household after that day she was born) spared her life. He continues to remind her everyday that he did so as well. Without his kindness she would have suffered the same fate as her mother only moments prior had he not stopped them from doing so by accepting her as his own.She should have been killed

Her father, he is a ruthless man; beating her for her so-called mistakes, emotionally abusing her to the brink of having her melt down entirely. He goes as far as locking her up as punishment for her worst “wrongdoings” at times as well. Sometimes she wonders why he “saved her” in the first place. Why hadn't he just let the men kill her, just like he had let happen with her mother. Things would have been much easier for her, that's for sure.

She has never went to school either. All she knows is what her older brothers taught her over the years. Both are grown up and married, both are also part of Saudi Arabia's militant force too, much like their father. They followed in his footsteps... That's what all the young men do in this world. So it isn't uncommon in the least.

No one knows who Oceané is. Those who have seen her have only seen the varying black abaya with various colored designs (if there were any at all) and the bright gray-ish purple colored eyes that show though the slit in the scarf that covers the rest of her head. No one has seen her body outside that garment except for her close family, while at home. Only at home.

She isn't to speak, or to greet anyone, to look at, to touch, to walk beside or hold hands with anyone under any circumstance... This has been practices that were engrained into her mind since she was a little girl, barely three years old.

They consider her a “sinner,” despite that she didn't do anything wrong. Nothing at all. If anyone, her mother had done the wrong doing, if she was even to blame. After all, she was overpowered by Oceané's biological father figure.

You can never choose your family, that's for damn sure.

After everything she has been through, still it gets worse. She was arranged for marriage to a 20 year old Arabian man at the tender age of 14. Now 15, the legal age to marry in Saudi Arabia, she was about to meet her match.

It consequently just so happens the invasion began before anything happened

Maybe she got lucky?
Maybe not...

Maybe fate was behind it all.
__________

Youri is from Ukraine. He was born 19 years ago into a large family; parents, two older brothers, himself and his twin sister, and later on, after him three younger sisters.

All the men in his family was in the military. Living in a family of militants wasn't an easy thing for him yet he kept up the tradition, joining just like those before him as he turned of age. No one knew the truth, but he is completely against fighting and the military in general.

He only does what he does out of fear. Fear of his country's military commanders. What would happen to him if he refused to participate. And also but the biggest reason for his fear, his father and two older brothers. He couldn't disappoint them, make his family be looked upon disgracefully for his refusal to partake of what all men in his family had done at some point, in dome way or another as they themselves turned 17 years old.

With his new, forest green, camouflage uniform on; civilian clothes on top, he goes with his troop into Saudi Arabia's capital city, Riyadh.

No one expects it since Saudi Arabia has always been allies with Ukraine but here they were, invading. He felt it was wrong, what they were doing. But he had no choice. So he went along with it, knowing full well the extent of turmoil he was about to bring about within the cities heavily populated capital, alone. All the lives he would destroy, all the families... The capital was only beginning.

Within a matter of ten minutes the world came crashing down on the once supposed allies of his country, Ukraine being to blame for it all.

___________________

Ukrainian forces invade Saudi Arabia and just like that, the war was started.

One young man and woman will fight against all they've ever known to be safe, the only thing is...

Neither speak the same language.

They say love is a universal language, right? Love for others no matter what language they speak, the clothes they wear, the skin tone they have as well as their hair or eye color. Love in general for other human beings.

But will culture come in the way after all?
♠ ♠ ♠
I'm editing, slowly but surely, Sorry for the wait but on the up side. I am officially transfered into an online- part time college so as to have more time in the day on top of working and such. SO updates should come more frequently after I posted all the edited versions.

Thanks for your patience, love you all for it.

PIctures are up under "characters" (sbviously) and Oceané is pictured in an abaya, just without the cloth covering her face entirely. More will be put in the AN later on in the story.