Status: I started this story years ago when I was young and I'm too far now to start over. So bear with me hahaha! I added some inside jokes I should not have added. I apologize in advance hahaha!

Love Song

Chapter 1: Our first Song

~Jordan~

Since I was born, I'd always been able to stay asleep, not matter what. I slept through thunderstorms, earthquakes, alarm clocks and my mom yelling for me to get up. But tonight I just couldn't fall asleep and stay asleep. I fell asleep at 9:30 PM, only to wake up again an hour later. Then I read for an hour, until my mom came in asking me why I'm not asleep. Then I laid there and tried to find faces in the texture of the ceiling. At most I got maybe 4 hours of real sleeping time. I knew why.

It was because I was officially a high schooler...If that's even a word. But nevertheless, I was in fact officially a freshman. A year away from driving. Three years away from leaving home and living my dreams. My older brother, Josh, and his friend Harrison, and I decided when we were kids, that we wanted to become musicians. Our dad taught Josh and I how to play the guitar when we were kids. Josh picked it up quickly, but preferred the bass. Harrison was the best drummer who was in our age group. Sadly, despite who my dad was friends with, or who Josh and Harrison were friends with, we couldn't find a guitarist.

But anyways, Josh and I also has a little sister. Her name was Tia. We were all a year apart. Our parents married young and got pregnant with our older sister, Aria when they were 21. But they divorced after Tia was born, and enter my current step-dad. It makes Josh happy, knowing he's not the only guy surrounded by women.

Again, I get off track by babbling.

I have 2 best friends, Amy and Samantha, AKA Sam. But Sam went to a different high school, which sucks but at least Amy is with me. Without her I'd be hanging around Josh and his weird metal head friends. I like heavy metal and hard rock, but I'm hardly a metal head. So it was nice to have Amy around.

My mom pulled up to a tiny space after five minutes of trying to find a spot and refusing to stop in the middle of the street. Josh, Aria and I piled out of her car and turned.

"Have a good day." Mom said before she sped off in her too-small-for-four-kids sports car.

"See ya." Josh murmured and he walked off.

Aria and I walked around the school for a while. She didn't want me wandering around alone. It wasn't a danger thing, it was the fact she didn't want me to feel lonely. Luckily, I found Amy and Aria was free to go and find her own friends.

"I miss Sam." I sighed.
"Since it's technically still summer, we can all come to my house and swim." Amy said with a shrug. I nodded and made a mental note for when I would IM her later.

I was staring at my phone not looking straight when I ran into him. I could feel his body fall onto mine as we fell to the ground hard. I closed my eyes tight, expecting the worst. My spine tingled as I opened my eyes to see the guy I ran into.

His big brown eyes stared at me in shock, and not annoyance or irritation. His dark brown hair hung and the tips of his hair tickled my face.. He got up and held out his hand to help me up. I grabbed his hand and he pulled me up. He brushed me off as he said "Are you ok?"

I picked up the binder that I made him drop and handed it to him. "I'm fine. I'm so sorry I ran into you."

He gave me a small, shy smile as he said "No need to apologize."

He walked with me and Amy and he told us that all of his friends had gone to different high schools. So we said we'd become his best friends, which amused him. Mostly because we said it stupidly, which killed me a little that I acted so stupid.

"I have an idea. Why don't you come to Amy's house and swim with us?" I offered. He laughed a little.

"I don't even know your names!" He laughed.

"I'm Jordan. And this is Amy." I said. He laughed again.

"I'll think about it. I'll tell you tomorrow if I can." He said.

"So what's your name?" Amy asked.

"Zakk." He said.

"Let me see your schedule." I said. He handed me his card and I realized that we had all classes together except one, which was sixth period. But our classes were next door to each other.
My schedule read

Period 1: English Room 321
Period 2: Health Room 401
Period 3: PE
Period 4: Algebra 1-2 Room 330
~~~Lunch~~~
Period 5: German 1-2 Bungalow 569
Period 6: Earth Science Room 822
Period 7: Photography 1-2 Room 332
Period 8: Unscheduled

His schedule said the same thing, only his sixth period was Biology instead of Earth Science.

Zakk, Amy, and I walked around campus talking and laughing until I stopped. Just stopped. Amy and Zakk turned their heads at me.

"What's wrong?" Amy asked.

I felt this shiver go down my spine. I turned my head to find a tall, handsome man standing outside the gate. He had flawless features, like Edward Cullen only he didn't look like a gay guy. He had dirty blonde hair with a white polo shirt that was rolled up just above his elbows with slacks and dark brown loafers.

I slowly walked to the gate, leaving Amy and Zakk confused and thinking of me as a freak for walking towards a total stranger. I didn't know what drew me to this man. I couldn't figure it out.
Why am I walking towards this guy...? I asked myself in my head. But my body was refusing to listen to my mind's questions. I felt this desire for him. But he filled me with fear that I've never known before in my life.

"Who are you?" I asked. A smile spread slowly across his face.

"My name is Ryan Block. I go to the college that's a couple blocks from here. I just wanted to go for a walk." He explained.

The bell rang before I could say more. Amy and Zakk grabbed each shoulder and dragged me away.

"What a weirdo." Amy said under her breath.

"I know." I mumbled.

"Then what was with the way you asked him who he was?" Zakk asked.

"I don't know." I mumbled.

I hugged Amy good-bye as she walked into the Orchestra room. Me and Zakk walked across campus to the 200 building to our English Class.

During class, our teacher, Mrs. Lenson, was so oblivious that Zakk and I could talk without her noticing.

"Tell me a random hobby." I said.

"I'm an expert guitar player. I've played since I was like...four." He said.

"Hey, we need a guitar player. For this band thing my brother and me wanna do. Interested?" I said.

"That'd be great!" Zakk said as his eyes lit up. I grapped a piece of my notebook paper and wrote out my number and Josh's number.

"I'll tell him the good news. Text him or me whenever." I said as I slid the notebook paper to him.

I felt like I met Zakk for a reason. Like Zakk ran into me all for a reason. He was meant to be with Josh, Harrison, and I.

Maybe Dad was right when he said high school would be better

*End of Chapter 1*
♠ ♠ ♠
Hope you guys enjoy this. I'm not a professional but people tell me I'm good so, here it is! :D And I switch Point of views but not in one chapter. One point of view per chapter. Sorry it's so short :( I based Jordan's schedule on my schedule in real life xD Only different order for the most part oh and I don't have photography as my fine arts elective, I have Graphic Design/Printmaking.

2013: Oh...dear...sweet...Jesus....I wish you guys could skip this bullshit. It's horrible. Awful. Jesus. Goddamn