Status: I started this story years ago when I was young and I'm too far now to start over. So bear with me hahaha! I added some inside jokes I should not have added. I apologize in advance hahaha!

Love Song

Chapter 17: My Agonizing Song

Jordan

I woke up that morning with the extreme pain in my ribs still raging on. I forced myself to sit up in my bed. I turned my head to see Ryan sleeping soundly next to me. He actually looked somewhat innocent when he slept. I sighed and went into the bathroom to go take a shower. It hurt to raise my arms to lather up my hair. I had to bite my tongue to contain a cry of pain.

When I got out of the shower, I dried myself off and grabbed my robe off of the hook on the door. I tied my robe and wrapped my wet hair up in a towel. I walked back into my bedroom and opened my drawers to find my clothes. I grabbed a red sheared smock top and put it on, which involved me lifting my arms slightly, which hurt more than I could explain. I opened my other drawer and grabbed a pair of black boot cut jeans and put them on.

I walked towards my jewelry box as I zipped up my jeans. I stared at my ugly engagement ring that sat on top of the box. It felt like the ring was staring at me. I picked it up and reluctantly slid it onto my finger. I opened a drawer in my jewelry box and lifted up the White Gold and Diamond heart necklace that Zakk had gotten for my sixteenth birthday. I clasped it around my neck and closed the drawer. I opened another drawer and grabbed a pair of earrings and some red and black bracelets.

I walked downstairs into the kitchen, knowing Ryan would want breakfast when he woke up. I opened the cabinet and grabbed the pancake batter. It was the kind that you just add water and shake. I poured water into the jug and started shaking. With my free hand, I grabbed a pan from the cabinet above the sink and set it down on the stove. I turned the stove on and continued shaking, pacing the kitchen as I did.

When it was finally ready to pour, I opened the lid and tilted it down to pour the batter into the pan.

I heard Ryan come down the stairs a few minutes later when I’d finished two or three pancakes. He came into the kitchen stretching and scratching his head at the same time.

“Good morning.” he yawned as he walked over to the coffee pot to make himself coffee.

“Morning.” I said flatly as I continued flipping pancakes.

“Did you sleep well?” he asked.

“Yeah.” I said, knowing inside my head that I was totally lying. My ribs hurt like hell which made it impossible to sleep on my side, and I can’t sleep on my back.

“You look nice. Where are you going?” he asked, looking at me up and down.

“Uh, I might have to work out some tour schedule stuff with Josh.” I mumbled. Ryan grabbed my chin and gently turned my head so I could look at him.

“What? Is there something on my face?” I asked.

“No, that’s why I’m looking. I got you that make-up thing for you and you’re not wearing any of it.” he mumbled, looking hurt.

“Well, I don’t wear make-up.” I mumbled. He stared at me as if he was shocked that I talked back to him.

“Alright, alright I’ll go put it on.” I sighed, turning off the stove and going back upstairs. I walked into my bathroom and quietly shut the door. I unzipped the make-up bag and picked up the eyeliner. I sharpened the pencil and slowly put the eyeliner on my eyelids and on the inside of the bottom of my eyes. I stared at the black line the surrounded my eyes in the mirror. I hated the way it looked on me. I scoffed and grabbed the red lipstick out of the bag.

“I hate this.” I grumbled to myself as I put the lipstick on. I looked inside my make-up bag, fully aware that Ryan wouldn’t be satisfied unless I went all out. So I spent at least ten minutes trying to put the blush on my face without making me look like a clown. I spent five minutes trying to be careful with the eye shadow, knowing it would be hell to get off if I screwed up I hadn’t put on my own make-up since I was fifteen. How in the hell was I supposed to do this?

As I walked downstairs after I finished with my make-up, I couldn’t help but feel stupid. I mean, I backed down all because Ryan gave me a look because god forbid his little fiancée doesn’t wear make-up.

When I walked into the kitchen, I was greeted by a stack of now cold pancakes. I sighed irritably as I grabbed a plate from my cabinet. I felt Ryan’s arms wrap around me from behind and places light kisses on the side of my neck. I elbowed him gently in the gut.

“Not now.” I said quietly. Ryan’s hands went from my waist to my shoulders as he turned me around forcefully to face him. I stared at the murderous rage in eyes as he grabbed the plate from my hands and hurled it across the room.

Was he seriously getting angry because I wouldn’t grant him the satisfaction of torturing me for ten minutes. Normally I would’ve given in, but I was irritated and still hurting from the day before when he’d punched me in the ribs. I shook my head at him and started making my way out of the kitchen. But before I could make it, he grabbed my arms and pushed me down to the floor. The force of his shove made the landing painful. I arched my back in pain and bit my lip to keep from making a sound.

“Ryan, get off!” I yelled as I started shoving him off of me. He was bigger and stronger than me. I was full aware of that. But does that mean I had to lay there and let that terrible ten minutes of horror proceed?

I could see him getting angrier and angrier as I shoved more and more. He was finally fed up with my resistance and he gave me a hard punch to the face. At least when he used to hit me, he did it with an open hand. He was getting more violent and I could see that.

He had it easy. All that happened to him was he got eye make-up all over his knuckle. But me? I had a fresh shiny black eye and smeared make-up. He got off of me and pushed me with his foot. Did he push lightly? Of course not. Why would he? And can you guess which side he was pushing forcefully? Of course, the painful side. I stumbled onto my feet feeling more pain than before. My back was killing me, my ribs hurt more than they had earlier, and I had a black eye and possibly new bruises on my arms from him grabbing me so hard.

Oh yes, he grabs me with that much force.

I slowly made my way up the stairs and into my bathroom to look at myself. I washed my make-up off and tried to find something in my make-up bag that would cover my black eye. I heard the front door slam open and voices calling Ryan’s name. When they did, Ryan burst into the bathroom, shut the door, and locked it.

“What’s going on?” I asked. He grabbed concealer from my make-up bag and forced it into my hands.

“Put that on your eye.” he ordered. I did as I was told, not wanting another shiner. As I opened the lid, Ryan ran out of the bathroom and down the stairs.

As I smeared the concealer on my face, I asked myself why was I doing this when help could be downstairs? Maybe because I knew that if I did, he would take his last two minutes making my beating so terrible, it would take a lifetime to heal. He knew that I knew that, which is why he’s usually so surprised when I tell him no.

I was amazed by how well my black eye was covered. It was like it wasn’t even there anymore. I walked downstairs to see the police explaining the situation to Ryan.

“We got a report from an anonymous caller that there was some domestic abuse going on.” the policeman said, looking over at me.

I knew that this would be my only chance to get away. But I was throwing it all away out of fear. I twirled my hair around my index finger nervously and refused to move away from the staircase.

“Honey, are you ok?” he asked. The police officer looked like he was 40-ish. He had dark brown hair with a touch of gray and big warm smoky grey eyes.

“Yeah, why wouldn’t I be.” I answered as I chewed on the inside of my mouth. He lifted up my sleeves as I prayed that the bruises hadn’t shown up yet.

“Are you sure?” he asked again, raising an eyebrow at me. I nodded, fighting the urge to burst into tears. He lifted his hand and wiped the concealer away, revealing the black eye.

“Miss Lancaster, how did you get that black eye?” he asked. My hands shook as I tried to think of an excuse.

“I uh…tripped and…landed on the…kitchen table.” I mumbled. He raised an eyebrow at me and then looked back at Ryan.

“She did.” Ryan said, backing me up. The policeman ended up staying for an hour asking us question after question. Just when I thought that he knew we were lying, he got up and made his way to the front door, which made me follow him.

“Who called you?” I asked as we walked to his car.

“I can’t tell you.” he answered.

Tell me who called you.” I repeated. I knew that is was somebody close to me.

“Fine. It was the Wellington family that called.” he scoffed, rolling his eyes.

Wellington? As in Amy Wellington? I rubbed my eyes, hoping he was lying. I went back inside and without saying anything to Ryan, I put on my ballerina flats and my keys and headed back out. I drove angrily to Amy’s house. I glanced at the clock to see it was 2:30. Amy was definitely up by now.

When I got to Amy’s house, she was just getting home. I parked behind her in her driveway. I knew she was surprised to see me. The light summer breeze welcomed me as it blew my hair back as I stormed over to her.

“Jordan! Your eye!” she exclaimed.

“I. Know.” I growled.

“What’s your problem?” she asked as she put her car keys in her pocket.

“I can’t believe you called the police when I specifically said not to.” I said irritably.

“Jordan, I didn’t call them. My parents did. And I didn’t tell them about your situation. Sam did.” she explained. I squeezed my car keys against my palm until I was sure they were embedded in my hand.

“I’ll see you later Amy.” I mumbled. I got back into my car and drove a couple blocks over to Sam’s house. I rang her doorbell, praying that she would answer instead of her parents or her brother. Luckily, she answered.

“Jordan, your-”

“I KNOW!” I screamed. Sam stepped back in shock, which made me shake my head and calm myself down.

“Sorry, I just need to discuss something with you.” I said softly. She moved away from the doorway to let me in. We sat down on her couch and she put her TV on mute.

“What’s on your mind Jordan?” she asked.

“Sam, did you tell Amy’s parents to call the police?” I asked softly, my hands shaking.

“Jordan…I can tell you really need help. I mean look at you.” she said, putting her hand on my shoulder, which made me wince and move away.

“I don’t need anybody’s help Sam so drop it.” I grumbled.

“Let me see your wrists.” Sam said. I showed her my wrists, she turned my wrist so my palms were up and pointed to my scar.

“Amy told me about that scar.” she said, narrowing her eyes at me. I looked away and rolled my eyes.

“You just think you know everything Sam. Well you don’t.” I snapped, yanking my arm away and standing up to leave.

“Well I’m sorry I give a crap about you Jordan!” she shot back. I turned around, having left my keys on her coffee table. Sam called my name, which made me turn around.

“Here take your stupid keys with you!” she yelled, throwing my keys. My ribs must’ve been a pain magnet at that moment because that’s where they landed. My ribs had enough of being abused by fists, feet, and keys and I felt a pain that was just terrible. I didn’t have enough effort to contain a scream. I let out a cry of pain as I fell to my knees.

“Oh my god Jordan!” Sam cried as I heard her rush to her phone and dial. Tears dotted my eyes and it hurt too much to breathe. I laid down on my back, which made my back hurt even more and wasn’t helping my ribs. My entire body was hurt and there was no area of my body that wasn’t bruised. Sam rushed back over to me and brushed my hair away from my face.

“Help is coming Jordan, can you stand up?” she said. I nodded as she helped me onto my feet. She laid me down on her couch although laying down wasn’t helping at all.

“I threw your keys that hard?” she asked.

“No of course not.” I said softly.

“Oh…Ryan did something.” Sam grumbled, folding her arms across her chest.

“Sam…can we not focus on freaking Ryan?!” I snapped. She stayed silent until I was taken to the hospital just minutes later.

When I got my x-rays, the doctor told me I had a fractured rib and some minor bruising on my back. I’d be sore for awhile but it was nothing I needed to worry about.

All I could think about as I laid in my hospital bed was I had to go home and would receive more fractures and minor bruising in the next couple of days.

It’s just one of those moments where I felt jealous of Aria and my cat, Kitty. They got to leave this Earth quickly, with no pain.

Whereas I had more pain living than I ever could dying.
♠ ♠ ♠
Jordan's outfit for this chapter. Enjoy lovies :D comment, uhhhh interactive question here is the question

1. What do you think will happen to Jordan in future chapters?
2. What do you think SHOULD happen to her in future chapters? (and don't say get Ryan arrested lol be creative lol)