Status: I started this story years ago when I was young and I'm too far now to start over. So bear with me hahaha! I added some inside jokes I should not have added. I apologize in advance hahaha!

Love Song

Chapter 39: This Was Never The Way I Planned

Josh

Saturday, April 20

Josh woke up to the sound of puking in the next room. He’d woken up with many hangovers in the past few months, but none of them came with the sudden realization that he’d made out with his little sister’s best friend who was getting married in May. He moaned into his pillow and pulled his blanket over his head as if that would teleport him somewhere else. The door opened and footsteps approached him. But he remained still. Suddenly he was being rolled off the side of the bed, “Get up Josh.”

He grunted as his head hit the ground. He sat up on the floor and his sister yanked the blanket away from him, “What were you thinking? You were practically grinding against each other last night. I saw it. What’s the matter with you?!”

“Why isn’t she getting this lecture?” Josh mumbled. The rising volume in Jordan’s voice was making his head pound violently.

“She’s puking and can’t really listen,” Jordan replied, “Believe me, she’ll get hers too. But what the fuck Josh? You don’t just get drunk and dry hump my best friend! You do remember she’s engaged right? You got the wedding invite didn’t you? May the seventh mean anything to you? Yeah, that’s the fucking day she’s getting married to Sean Cooper. She will be Mrs. Cooper.”

“I get it Jordan,” Josh snapped, holding his hand up to stop her, “But do you get that both of us were drunk off our asses? Do you honestly think I would’ve touched her if I was sober?”

“Well that’s just it Josh,” Jordan said, her voice lowering but her tone remaining firm, “You’ve been doing a lot of stupid shit lately and it’s because you’re always drinking. You’ll go home today and drink again. You can’t even survive anymore unless you’re at least a little buzzed. I’m getting tired of it Josh.”

Josh chuckled and shook his head, “Oh. You’re tired of me? Let me tell you what I’m tired of Jordan,” he stood up and approached Jordan. The closer he got, the more she backed up, “I’m tired of discovering new bruises and black eyes and hearing about hospitals and stitches and bloody messes.”

“Stop,” Jordan grumbled. Josh had backed her into a corner and he continued, “I’m tired of being told not to do anything. I’m tired of you tolerating your abusive husband. I’m tired of fearing for my niece’s safety Jordan.”

“I said stop Josh!” Jordan spoke louder but her voice still quivered a little. But Josh continued on anyways despite her protests.

“You’re tired of me being drunk off my ass but you’re perfectly ok with the pain that man gives you constantly?” Josh whispered, “You’re ok with knowing that Aria won’t be safe for much longer?”

“Shut the fuck up Josh!” Jordan shoved her brother down and ran out of the room. Josh got up and grabbed his shirt off the dresser and pulled it over his head as he walked out of the guest room in a huff. He ran into Amy on the way downstairs and they both jumped away from each other before anything could touch.

“Good morning Josh,” Amy mumbled, looking down at her feet, “How was your sleep?”

“Fine,” Josh replied shortly, “And you?”

“Fine,” they both nodded and started down the stairs and into the kitchen. Erin and Sam were still here, the blankets and pillows scattered all over the couches in Jordan’s living room told him that. Erin was feeding Aria her breakfast while Sam was cracking eggs onto a pan. The smell made Josh nauseous and he could see Amy’s discomfort as well. Josh headed for the sliding door that led to the backyard. As much as he knew Amy didn’t want to follow, she did anyway and they both stood on Jordan’s back patio, not making eye contact, just taking a few breaths of fresh air. But Josh knew he couldn’t leave this bottled up. They needed to air this out.

“I feel like…we should talk about, ya know, last night,” Josh said.

“No need,” Amy answered quickly and turned to look at him, “We kissed. That’s it. We didn’t sleep together. It’s over. I won’t tell anyone if you won’t.”

“We didn’t sleep together because Jordan found us at the right time,” Josh said, “I remember where my hands were Amy and they were not supposed to be there. If she hadn’t come-”

“She did come,” Amy interrupted him sternly and lowered her brows, “We just kissed. No one needs to know about it and we don’t need to discuss it further.”

“I just, I feel really bad about it,” Josh said, “I started it. I made out with a woman who first of all, I’ve known since they were in elementary school and secondly, is getting married in just a few weeks. It wasn’t right of me to do what I did.”

“I didn’t exactly stop you Josh,” Amy said, “I’m equally to blame. I cheated on Sean, a man I’m in love with. I remember what it felt like when Peter cheated on me all those years ago. I’m no better than Peter.”

“You’re much better than Peter,” Josh said, “Don’t compare yourself to a guy like Peter. He was a player. You just made a little mistake.”

Amy crossed her arms and lowered her head, laughing softly, “Josh, I know you’re just saying that to make me feel better. But it wasn’t just a ‘little mistake’ Josh. It was much bigger.”

Before Josh could answer her, she went back inside and slid the backdoor shut, leaving him all alone as the sound of raindrops began to hit the awning above his head.
♠ ♠ ♠
I'm feeling a love triangle coming on....
;)