Status: I started this story years ago when I was young and I'm too far now to start over. So bear with me hahaha! I added some inside jokes I should not have added. I apologize in advance hahaha!

Love Song

Chapter 49: You put a smile on my face, I want that for every morning

Amy

Tuesday, March 11

Josh and I had been a couple for almost a year. Next month it would officially be a year. I had talked to Sean a few months after the break up during the summer while I was on tour. He was much calmer than he had been initially and we talked for awhile. He told me he had time to think it over and he forgave me but we could never be a couple again. Cheating with Josh changed our relationship forever but he said we could still have a friendship with me if I wanted it since he’ll always love and care about me. I never did move out of the apartment we had once shared. At that point I still wasn’t ready to let go of the memories. I could still hold onto those for a little while and continue with my new relationship.

I had made a habit of going to Josh’s house every night and staying there so I didn’t see my apartment much anyways. Josh sat in his couch with me with a can of beer in one hand and me underneath his arm, snuggled up against him, “God, I never see my apartment anymore. Maybe we should stay over there more often.”

“Or you could just move in here,” Josh said. Josh was so damn casual about it that I scooted away from him and turned to face him.

“You say that like it’s not a big deal,” I grumbled, “Like you don’t care.”

“Amy, of course I care,” Josh said, “I wanted to ask you for awhile but I didn’t know how. You know I’m not good with words and shit.”

I found myself smiling now at his slightly red cheeks, “Don’t get so embarrassed. I just didn’t think you were being serious.”

“Well I was,” he grumbled, refusing to look at me. He leaned over to grab his jacket off his TV, “And I wanted to give you something. I mean, I guess I could’ve waited until next month for our anniversary but I thought you would like to have it now. This just means an extra gift next month, right?”

“What did you do?” I asked, smiling as I watched Josh pull a little box out of the pocket of his jacket.

“I didn’t wrap it,” he said, looking at it, “I hope you don’t mind.”

I grinned as I took the box from him, “Of course I don’t mind. What did you get for me? I didn’t get anything for you.”

Josh flicked his wrist as he grabbed a bottle of beer from the coffee table and leaned back on the couch, taking a sip. I opened the little box to reveal a necklace with a sterling silver music note encrusted with diamonds. I covered my dropped jaw and then ran my fingers over the diamond pendant, “Josh, oh my god. This is beautiful! How much did this cost you?”

“You don’t need to worry about the cost,” Josh said, “I wanted to give you something nice. I caused a lot of trouble last year and you deserve it.”

“I can’t believe you,” I said as I took the necklace out of its box. Josh set down his bottle and grabbed my hand, “Come on, let’s go put it on.”

Josh led me into his bedroom where there was a full length mirror in the corner. He turned on the light and I moved my hair out of the way so he could fasten the necklace. He put his hands on my shoulder and pressed his cheek against mine, “It looks beautiful on you Amy. Really.”

“I still can’t believe you did this for me,” I mumbled. Josh kissed my cheek and wrapped his arms around me.

“So, let’s talk about you moving in here,” he said, “It may not sound like it, but I really want you to move in here.”

I turned around as I jumped up and down and wrapped my arms around his neck and jumped into his arms. Josh caught me with ease and hugged me. I knew leaving my apartment for good was going to be hard but staying there wouldn’t be good for me. I had too many memories there and it was just time to create new memories.
♠ ♠ ♠
Amy's outfit for this chapter :) I haven't updated in awhile so I felt like making a comeback haha! ;) just a little filler. Still don't know what I'm gonna do between now and then haha!