Status: I started this story years ago when I was young and I'm too far now to start over. So bear with me hahaha! I added some inside jokes I should not have added. I apologize in advance hahaha!

Love Song

Chapter 5: Hello, I'm still here. All That's Left Of Yesterday

Jordan

-2 years later: Age 16-

It’d been two years. My sister, Aria graduated and moved away but she stayed close enough to where I could drive to her house and see her. Yeah, I drive now. That band project was a big success. We were even going to go on our first tour after school ended. Luckily, we were getting close to the end of the year.

Something in me resented Amy because her and Peter were still going strong after two years together. And I’m too scared to risk my friendship with Zakk to even consider dating him. The way I saw it, if we dated and then broke up, our friendship would crumble. I care too much about him to let that happen with us. Our friendship was rock solid. But even the most solid friendships are delicate and need to be held with care.

“I can’t wait for the year to end.” I murmured during lunch, leaning back on the bench next to Amy.

“I know.” she agreed.

“Oh! I forgot to tell you!” I said, sitting up straight. “Ok, we have some cello in our songs. And violin and stuff. Why don’t you and Peter come on tour with us?”

“Are you serious?” Amy asked.

I nodded, “Yeah! So that not only are we together all summer, but then you and Peter get some…alone time.” I nudged her, chuckling.

She moved her body away and laughed. “But I’m not very good Jordan.”

“You’ve gotten great in the past two years,” I said, patting her on the shoulder. “And even if you suck, we’ll have Peter play extra loud so no one will hear.”

“Oh wow.” Amy chuckled. “I’ll ask my mom.”

“Oh and you’ll get paid. Which would mean you get more money for that cello you’ve been saving for.” I added.

She smiled. “I’d like that.”

“And it’s work and-”

“Jordan calm down! My mom will say yes! Just breathe.” she laughed, standing up when the bell rang. She threw her backpack over her shoulder and waited as I stood up.

Even though it was summer, it was pouring rain. It was a warm rain though and it would be weird if you felt cold during this rain.

After sixth period, I walked out of the gate and stood on the curb, waiting for Aria to come. Although I was sixteen, I still had no car.

I saw Aria’s car start to turn onto my street. Her car was pulled out, but it hadn’t turned yet. A car sped past me and rammed into the side of Aria’s car, pushing her car into about three or four parked cars.

“Aria!” I screamed, running along with the other students towards the wreck. I could hear the elementary school’s bell ring from across the street. As soon as I got to her car, I slipped on the wet pavement next to the campus cop opening the driver’s car door and checking Aria’s pulse.

“Do you know her?” The cop asked, not looking at me.

“She’s my older sister.” I said, my entire body quivering.

“She’s not breathing…She’s gone.” she murmured. She walked towards her squad car to do god knows what.

“Hello, I’m your mind giving you someone to talk to…” I heard Aria whisper in my head. I looked around me, desperate to find a ghost or some transparent being. And I had for a split second when I looked back at Aria’s damaged car. But it disappeared just as soon as it came.

I looked at Aria’s lifeless body within the wrinkled and smashed metal. I walked closer to the car, the crunch of broken glass seemed louder than it should’ve been. I reached out and stroked her auburn hair.

“Miss, you shouldn’t touch her.” I heard the campus cop say softly as she put her hand on my shoulder.

“How…How did it happen?” I asked weakly.

“Her neck probably broke. If that’s the case, she didn’t feel any kind of pain. She went quickly.” she explained.

“She shouldn’t have gone at all!” I screamed, letting the tears fall. I whipped my head at the car that had been stupid enough to speed through a school zone. It was someone I’d gone to school with and he didn’t look sorry. He was acting as if nothing had happened. I rushed over to him and slapped him.

“What the hell?!” he yelled. I slapped him again.

“You killed my sister! Are you saying you don’t care?! YOU MURDERED MY SISTER!” I screamed.

“What? I…” he stopped, his face slowly began to go pale.

A couple days later, we had the funeral. I found that many of us had our ways of showing our pain. Josh and Dad were filled with rage. Tia and Mom were losing it. And my step-dad and I chose to hide how devastated we were.

I saw Zakk pull up in his car along the dirt road. He came out in a black suit and I was the first person he approached. I smiled as he hugged me.

“Maybe if I smile and don’t believe…Soon I know I’ll wake from this dream.” I murmured. Amy and Peter pulled up, not holding hands and Peter didn’t even have his arm around her waist.

“Jordan, I’m so sorry.” she whimpered. Peter, being a guy held his emotions in and patted my shoulder.

“Jordan, in time you’ll forget this ever happened.” he mumbled. I slapped his arm away.

“Stop trying to fix me because I’m NOT. BROKEN.” I snapped. I felt a cold breeze go through my shoulder and a sweet voice said, “Hello. I’m the lie living for you so you can hide.”

I knew it was Aria, just by the way she said it. The shades I was wearing couldn’t the tears that began to go down my cheeks.

“Don’t cry.” I heard her say before the coldness in my shoulder disappeared, along with her. I yanked off my shades and covered my eyes with my hands as I sobbed. Amy, Peter, and Zakk wrapped me in a hug but not even that could’ve healed my pain.

I stayed awake for the days that followed Aria’s funeral. Josh had gotten in trouble with the school for starting a fight with the guy who ran into Aria and killed her. Apparently the guy’s name was Scott and he was in Josh’s senior class. I think that even with time, our whole family would continue to hate him and kill him with our eyes.

Tia walked into my bedroom and shook me. “Jordan?”

“I know I’m not sleeping.” I murmured.

“Jordan you know I’m still here.” I heard Aria whisper again.

“Tia did you hear that?” I asked, shooting up in my bed.

“Hear what?” Tia asked.

I shook my head, not wanting them to think I’m crazy, among other things. “Nevermind.”

Tia stood there for a minute waiting for me to say more. When I didn’t, she walked out and quietly closed my door.

I fell back on my pillow and stared at the ceiling. I spent hours finding pictures in the texture of the ceiling. Within those hours, members of my family came in to talk to me. Their words of advice were met with silence. My entire body felt numb and my heart was breaking.
Luckily, whenever I would see Amy and Peter and Zakk, they made me forget temporarily. That would be until I got home, and the pain returned. The pain was still there. Still reminding me that my older sister…my best friend…was gone. Forever.
♠ ♠ ♠
The lyric quotes I used (badly) was the song "Hello" by Evanescence