Status: I started this story years ago when I was young and I'm too far now to start over. So bear with me hahaha! I added some inside jokes I should not have added. I apologize in advance hahaha!

Love Song

Chapter 55: Don't you hide your eyes from me, Open them and see me now

Amy

Friday, June 20

I heard Jordan trying to open the bathroom door but I wasn’t too focused on unlocking it. My head was swimming. My heart was pounding hard against my chest and I found myself out of breath, “Amy! Amy, are you ok?! What’s the matter? What did the test say?!”

Finally slamming back down to reality, I unlocked the door and she practically kicked it open like she was ready to kill someone for me. She looked at the test on the counter and then looked at me, “Well? Is it positive?”

“It doesn’t matter,” I said. Jordan frowned and I pressed my hands against my warm cheeks, “I just got my period!”

“Oh Jesus,” Jordan let out a deep breath and put her hand on her chest, “You almost gave me a goddamn heart attack Amy!”

“I’m sorry! I was just excited!” I exclaimed as I threw the test into the test after briefly taking a quick look to see what the results were. The result was in fact negative, “I am so relieved! There was no way I could have a baby right now. Thank god!”

“Well, I was kinda hoping for a niece or a nephew,” Jordan started laughing when I glared at her and her laughter made me smile. It was so rare to see it nowadays that it just made you happy when you did see it, “Well I guess it’s safe to go home now, right?”

I sighed and nodded, “I guess it is. I hope Josh is up by now so I can tell him as soon as I get home.”

Jordan walked me to do the door and stood at her doorway and watched me get into my car and leave, like she was hoping I’d stop and stay for awhile but I had to get home to Josh. We had a lot to discuss right now.

The couch was empty when I got back home and I heard noises coming from the kitchen. I entered cautiously. I wasn’t sure why, really. No one would get drunk in the late morning, right? Well, I never thought Josh would get drunk like he did last night and he did so I wasn’t sure what to expect from him at the moment.

“What are you doing?” I asked. Josh, with major bed head, tired eyes, and disheveled clothes he had worn last night, turned to me as he dipped a tea bag into a mug full of hot water.

“Making some tea,” he mumbled, “I didn’t hear you leave. Where did you go?”

“I went out and got a pregnancy test,” I said without hesitation and I saw his hand twitch a little as he transferred the used tea bag into the trashcan.

“And?”

“And nothing,” I said, “I got my period before I got the results.”

Josh let out a loud sigh and put his hand to his chest, “Oh thank freaking god. We dodged a bullet there, didn’t we?”

“Yeah, yeah we did,” I said idly, waving my hands, “I need to talk to you about something Josh.”

Josh nodded and picked up his tea, following me into the living room. He took a sip of his tea and set it down next to an empty beer bottle that was on its side. I groaned at the sight of it and I turned back to Josh, “Look, we need to really talk about the stunt you pulled last night.”

“I don’t really remember much of last night,” Josh said.

“That’s the problem,” I replied sternly, “Every time you get news you don’t like or you get stressed out, you start drinking. And I don’t like that Josh. I think you might have-”

“Don’t say it!” Josh shouted, pointing his finger at me, “I do not have a problem Amy! I don’t! A drink just takes the edge off, ya know?”

“Josh, I could maybe understand that if you had one. Maybe even two,” I argued, “But you had so many you couldn’t even stand on your own and you broke a bottle in the kitchen. You could’ve really hurt yourself Josh! Do you understand? What you’re doing isn’t healthy.”

“Amy! You’re not my mother!” Josh stood up, picked up his tea and started for the stairs, “I know what I can handle and I know when I have a problem.”

“Maybe we should tell your mother about this then!” I shouted. Josh stopped after walking up one step and then came back down towards the couch.

“Don’t you fucking dare!” he shot back, “Don’t bring my mom into this!”

“How about your dad?” I said, raising my eyebrows. I knew how much Jordan’s dad scared her, Josh, and their sisters when they were kids. I could see by the look on Josh’s face that the fear in his father was still there.

“Don’t tell my dad,” he said, lowering his voice almost desperately, “Jesus, anyone but him.”

“Well then you’re gonna sit down and discuss this with me like an adult,” I said, pointing to the seat next to me, “And you’re gonna get help for this problem you have.”

Josh sighed and put down his cup of tea. He grabbed onto my face and the sudden warmth that came from holding the tea for too long startled me, “I promise Amy, I can stop on my own. We don’t need to bring anyone else into it. Ok? I’ll stop.”

I stared deep into those hazel eyes and I grabbed onto his hands, closing my eyes and nodding my head, “Ok, Josh. I believe you. I’ll give you one more chance. But I swear, if I find one alcoholic beverage in this house again, I’m not gonna let you talk your way out of this. Understand?”

Josh nodded and he pressed a kiss to my lips and I stood up, pointing to the beer bottles and then pointed to the kitchen, “Now, you’re gonna clean this entire mess up and then you’re gonna clear out any alcohol out of that kitchen. I don’t wanna see another bottle in this house.”

“Can I at least finish my tea first?” Josh asked.

“No. You made the mess and now you’re gonna clean it up,” I said, patting his cheek, “You said yourself you wanted to fix this on your own.”
♠ ♠ ♠
Well damn! Hahaha!

Here is Amy's outfit for this lovely little chapter. Enjoyyyy :D