Status: I started this story years ago when I was young and I'm too far now to start over. So bear with me hahaha! I added some inside jokes I should not have added. I apologize in advance hahaha!

Love Song

Chapter 62: Make it through the fall, make it through it all

Amy

Sunday, November 30

Josh hadn’t come back to the house since Wednesday. He told me he’d been staying with his mom and step-dad for the time being but they wouldn’t let him stay there much longer. I told him that wasn’t my problem and he needed to figure that out because I wasn’t ready to let him back into the house. I’d let him back momentarily to get some clothes so he wasn’t wearing the same outfit for days. But I’d made sure I wasn’t home when he stopped by so I wouldn’t have to talk to him. I just wasn’t ready to talk to him. I had stopped by today since Zakk had said some nasty things to Jordan yesterday and she left so suddenly. I wanted to make sure she was ok.

“I’ve been searching for a new guitarist,” Jordan told me, which really surprised me.

“Again? Zakk is only gonna be gone for about a month,” I said as Jordan put a cup of coffee in front of me.

“After what he said I don’t think he’ll ever come back to work with us again,” Jordan mumbled, taking a sip of water and shaking her head.

“Zakk was just pissed,” I said, “You’ve seen those intervention shows. They can get pretty mean. That wasn’t him talking. It was his addiction talking. In a month, he’ll be back to normal.”

Jordan nodded but I knew she wasn’t going to take anything I said into consideration and so I changed the subject even though this was the last thing I wanted to talk about, “Has Josh talked to you?”

Jordan frowned, “You didn’t talk to him yesterday?”

I shook my head, “He didn’t say anything to me yesterday.”

“He must’ve been really bad,” Jordan said, “But yes, I talked to him. He’s been staying with our mom and step-dad. They’re not gonna let him stay much longer though.”

“Yeah that’s what he told me,” I muttered as I sipped my coffee, “Did he say where he was gonna go?”

“No,” Jordan replied, “You know what would help? Talking to him yourself. He only tells me so much.”

“I don’t know,” I said, “I’m just not ready to talk to him. I’m trying to help him and he refuses it. What am I supposed to do?”

“Ignoring him isn’t really gonna help him,” Jordan said with a shrug, “Josh really isn’t great with communicating but he more often than not will try his hardest. Just talk to him. It’s common to slip up. Addiction is tricky.”

I sighed, “I guess you’re right. I’ll call him when I get home so we can go out and talk about it. Thanks, Jordan.”

The two of us stood up and she walked me to her front door. I stopped before walking out, “Are you sure you don’t mind me leaving? Do you need any help at all? I see Ryan isn’t here helping you.”

“He took Aria to the doctor for a check-up,” Jordan explained, “And don’t worry about it, Amy. I am perfectly fine. But thank you anyway. I’ll see you later.”

The two of us hugged and I left. Jordan stood and waved to me until I drove away. Once I reached a stop light I quickly pulled out my phone to send a quick text to Josh: ready to talk. meet up with me?

Josh’s reply was a quick one: Of course! Where?

We decided to have some lunch together to talk everything out and at the end of this, he would hopefully be coming back to the house. I was the one who kicked him out but that didn’t change the fact that I was so lonely without him in this big house. We met up in a little diner and we sat outside. When Josh took off his sunglasses and set them down on the table, I noticed how tired he looked. He looked like he hadn’t slept in days.

“I’m glad you asked me to come out today,” he said, “I missed you.”

“I missed you too,” I said, “But we seriously need to talk about what you did.”

“I know,” he muttered, looking down at the table, “I screwed up big time and I am so, so sorry. It will never happen again.”

“I don’t know Josh,” I said quietly, “You didn’t just screw up. You destroyed all the trust I had. I can’t forgive you that easily.”

“What can I do to get you to trust me again?” he asked, grabbing onto my hands. I let him hold my hands but I left them limp in his hands.

“It’s going to take a lot Josh.”

After we had lunch, Josh convinced me to spend the rest of the afternoon with him. We went all over town together, laughing and talking just like before, like nothing had ever changed. It made me really rethink my decision. Around eight thirty we started feeling hungry so we stopped to get some food. We stopped at a Chinese food restaurant and we sat in a little booth together eating in a comfortable silence for awhile before Josh spoke, “So after this, am I allowed back in the house?”

I had chow mein in my mouth and couldn’t respond right away. I chewed the noodles, swallowed and took a sip of my drink. The anticipation was too much for him and he held up his hands in surrender as he started picking at his fried rice, “Ya know what, nevermind.”

“Jesus, give me a minute to take a sip of my drink,” I said with a chuckle. I put down my cup and dropped my fork. I leaned across the table and kissed Josh before he had a chance to put his forkful of rice into his mouth. He tasted like orange chicken and I licked my lips when we parted and it made him laugh, “I want you back in the house.”

“I was hoping you would say that,” he said.

I headed back for the house while Josh made a stop at his mom and step-dad’s to grab his stuff and join me. I took the time alone to straighten up the house. It wasn’t necessarily messy but it’s always nice to come home to a tidy house. Josh barely noticed the house when he came in though. He slammed the door shut, dropped his bags where he stood and quickly came towards me. He held my face in his hands and pressed a rough, passionate kiss to my lips and I gripped onto his shirt, refusing to let him go. His phone started ringing and vibrating in his back pocket and I stopped.

“Josh,” I said, pausing in between the kisses he placed on the side of my neck, “Josh, your phone.”

“If it’s important, they’ll call again,” he said, nibbling on my neck a little bit and I giggled, throwing my arms around him. The phone stopped ringing but not even a second later, the phone was ringing again. Josh scoffed and answered his phone, “Tia! It’s nine o’clock what do you…”

I watched his face fall as his voice trailed off and he quickly hung up and grabbed my hand, “We’ve gotta get to the hospital.”

“What’s the matter? Is everything ok?” I asked as I was being essentially dragged down the driveway towards Josh’s car.

“Everything is fine,” Josh said, “Jordan is in labor.”
♠ ♠ ♠
Amy's outfit for this chapter! Hope you enjoy :)