Sequel: To Say I Love You
Status: in the process of re-writing

Tell Me When it's Time

Hope It Gives You Hell(Billie's POV)

I awoke with Lillie lying on my bare chest and the sheets of my bed raveled. I yawned as I streched my hand through the jet black hair that belonged to Lillie. She looked so peaceful and helpless in her sleep.
"Good morning," I said as she looked into my eyes.
"How long have you been up?" Lillie asked.
"Just a couple minutes," I replied. "How'd you sleep?"
"Alright. I made it through," Lillie said. "Because of you."
Lillie sat up ans my lips. My hand cradled her face towards the end of the kiss. I looked into her sparkling eyes and saw a little happines behind all that sorrow. I softly kissed her lips.
"I guess we should get ready to go...," I said.
"Yeah," Lillie said, putting on my shirt from last night. "We should."
Lillie then walked out of my room as I got my ass out of the bed. I headed into my bathroom for a quick shower. When I was done, I wrapped a towel around my waist and headed into my room. Lillie then walked in here.
"Oh, I'm sorry, I'll come back in a second," Lillie said, walking back out the door.
"Lillie," I said.
Her head popped back in through the door. "Yeah?"
"Come here," I said and couldn't help but smile.
Her arms wrapped around my waist as I held her face. I looked into her gorgeous eyes.
"What is it?" I asked.
"I wanted to know what you wanted for breakfast," Lillie replied.
"You're gonna make me breakfast?" I asked.
Lillie nodded. "You deserve to be treated more often. You're always taking care of everyone."
"You're my treat, sweetheart," I said honestly. "Toast and eggs would be nice."
"Alright, it'll be waiting for you when you're done," Lillie chuckled.
I gave her a quick kiss before she left the room.
I got dressed in one of my nicest suits, deciding on putting the jacket on before we all left. I grabbed my black tie and wrapped it around my neck, halfway doing it.
I walked into the kitchen to find Joey and Jake eating food while Lillie just finished making some eggs. She was still wearing just my shirt. A small smile appeared on her face when she saw me.
"Hey," I said, acting as though there was nothing going on between us for Jakob's sake.
I walked up behind her and grabbed my food she handed me, tempted to kiss her neck.
I put the last piece of tast in my mouth as my phone vibrated in my pocket. I stood up and answered it, walking to my room.
"Adie?" I asked.
"Yeah, it's me, Billie," Adrienne answered. "I suppose you wonder why I'm calling?"
"Yeah," I said.
"You're not going to like what you hear," Adie said.
I heard some screaming in the backround. "Come on, Adie. Your time is ticking"
"Who the hell's that?" I asked.
"You shouldn't be so nosey, Billie," Adie spat in response.
"Just tell me what you wanted to tell me," I said, agitated.
"Billie, Lillie isn't your biological daughter," Adie whispered.
"What do you mean she's not my daughter?" I questioned.
"That man you heard in the backround, he's Lillie's biological father," she whispered once more. "I had an affair with him one night while you were on tour because I was drunk and horney, and now he's gonna take my life."
"No, Adie, I won't let him just kill you," I said, "you're the mother of my children."
"I wanted to die knowing that you would know about Lillie," Adie went on. "I don't knkow when he's gonna pull the trigger, but I know it's gonna be soon. I want you to know that I did love you, and that's why we have two beautiful children."
"Adie...," I paused. "I loved you, too. Do you love that guy now?"
"Yeah, I do," she replied. "You?"
"Uh, kinda, sorta,"I swallowed. "But you ain't gonna like it."
Adie sighed. "It's Lillie, isn't it?"
"H-How did you know?" I stuttered.
"I saw the way you looked at her, the way you drank around her, the sad look in your eyes when you saw her with Jimmy...," Adie replied. "It's okay, Billie, you don't have to deny it."
"Did she tell you what happened to Jimmy?" I asked.
"Yeah... poor kid didn't deserve to die like that," she replied. "Are you comforting her?"
I smirked to myself. "Why yes I am."
"Oh my God, Billie, you would sleep with her even if she WAS your daughter!" Adie exclaimed. "You sick son of a bitch!"
"My God, Adie,"I said."I only slept with her once."
"I've got to go, Billie," Adrienne said. "Take care."
"What? Adie no!" I shouted.
"Well, well, well. It's Billie Joe Armstrong," a husky voice said. "How does it feel to find out you ain't got a daughter?"
I stayed silent.
The man laughed. "Well, I hope it gives you hell."
"You mother fucker!" I shouted as the line went dead with another disgusting laugh.
"Billie," Lillie said, walking into my room.
"Yeah, honey?"I asked.
"Is it true that I'm not your daughter?"
♠ ♠ ♠
title credit: Gives You Hell- All American Rejects