Sequel: To Say I Love You
Status: in the process of re-writing

Tell Me When it's Time

And She Will Be Loved(Billie's POV)

The next morning, I was awakened by the smell of bacon, and Lillie wasn't by my side. I got up and quickly showered, putting on another nice suit for Jimmy's burial.
I met Joey, Jake, and Lillie- who were already dressed- in the kitchen. I sat down beside Lillie and Jake.
"Well look who's finally up," Lillie said, handing me a plate full of good looking food.
"Early bird, or in this case, late bird steals the bacon," I said, biting the piece of bacon from Lillie's hand successfully.
"Hey!" Lillie shouted, unable to hide our laughter as we all started to crack up.
"Let's go before we're late," I said as I finished the last of my food.
We all climbed into my black BMW and I drove to the funeral home. The service went well. Lots of people came to give their respects and say a few words. I even sang a little song called 'Wake Me Up When September Ends'. After the sevice was over, I told Joey, Jake, and Lillie I would meet them in the car. I wanted to say a couple last words to Jimmy.
"You're going to have to go now, sir," a man said.
"Can I get a minute alone?" I asked.
"Yeah, sure," he said. "But only a minute.
I waited until the man was out of the room.
"Oh, Jimmy," I said. " I could really tell from the look in your eyes that you really loved Lillie. More than I thought. Guess what? She loved you too."
I looked up at the cieling and chuckled as I nervously ran a hand through my black hair.
"No, she didn't just love you, she cared about you.She loved and cared about you more than anything else. Maybe even more than herself. Hell, who am I kidding? She still does, and always will," I said. "You're the love of her life and you always will be. And now she could be pregnant with your baby. There's no way in hell it would be mine, cause I only... nevermind that."
I chukled again more nervously as my hand ran through my hair absentmindedly.
"Jimmy, you're probably wondering why I'm here talking about Lillie instead of out partying. I want you to know that since you're gone, Lillie's not gonna go on unloved. I'll be there for her, and I will always know you'll hold a special place in her heart. And she will be loved," I stated. "Take care, man."
I tapped Jimmy's chest before I headed out to my car.
I will keep my promise, Jimmy, I thought to myself. And she will be loved, by me.
♠ ♠ ♠
Title Credit: She WIll Be Loved, Maroon 5