Sequel: To Say I Love You
Status: in the process of re-writing

Tell Me When it's Time

Scream At Me Until My Ears Bleed, I'm Taking Heed Just For You

I woke up earlier than I usually did, so I got up and showered, quickly getting dressed afterwards. I then walked to the kitchen to find Joey sitting tiredly at the table with a cup of coffee in his hand. He stared at it blankly.
"Hey Joey," I said, getting his attention.
"Hey Dad," Joey replied tiredly."There's coffee already made in the pot if you want some."
I walked over to the pot and poured me a mug.
"It also hel[s if you drink it, son," I said.
I took a sip as I watched Joey down all of his coffee. He sighed as he placed the glass in front of him.
"Dad, what did you do to Lillie last night?" Joey asked, not taking his eyes off of the mug.
"Why are you asking me this?" I asked in response.
"Because... I saw her crying in the hallway," Joey replied. "Was it something that you did?"
"I don't know, man. It just came out of nowhere," I stated. "She moaned for me to stop... I just don't know."
The phone rang from the living room. Joey stood up and put his cup into the sink.
"I'll get it," Joey said.
I nodded as he ran off to go get the phone. I drank down the rest of my coffee and put the mug into the sink. I grabbed a couple asprins to help my now-comming headache and swallowed them dry. Joey then walked back to greet me with his presence.
"Mom's picking us up in an hour," Joey said.
"Alright, go wake your sister," I said. "I'll get your brother."
I walked to Jake's room and quietly entered the room. He turned over in his bed to face me.
"I'm up, don't worry," he said tiredly.
"Alright, alright," I said. "Your mother;s on her way to pick you up. She'll be here in an hour."
"Crap!" he muttered, jumping out of his bed to his suitcase and started to pull and put away clothing.
"You get yourself ready and meet us in the kitchen," I chuckled.
"Okay," he said as I walked out the door.
Joey then walked up to me.
"Dad, Lillie won't get up," Joey said.
"Okay, I'll get her up," I said. "You can go finish packing or something."
I headed to Lillie's room. I walked into the room and saw Lillie with her back facing me.
"Hey, sweetheart," I said softly. "You need to get up. Your mother's gonna be here in less than an hour."
She sat up and faced me with bloodshot eyes. I saw she was wearing one of Jimmy's shirts and was clutching his necklace that was still around her neck.
"I just can't be strong anymore," she whispered, a tear escaping her eye. "I've tried, but I just can't do it."
I went over and sat next to her. I felt her flinch when I stroked her arm.
"No one expects you to be honey," I said. "You tried, but no one expected you try as hard as you have. No one expects you to just forget him."
More tears started to escape her eyes. She looked down at her hands. I brushed a strand of hair behind her ear and she turned her head to look at me.
"And, if you need it, you can have me for a shoulder to cry on," I said. "I'm always here for you, sweetheart."
********Lillie's POV********
Before I knew it, I was crying into Billie's shoulder like a child. He didn't even hesitate when I fell into his arms. After about ten minutes, my tears subsided.
"I'm gonna go get dressed now," I stated.
"Take as much time as you need," he said.
I stood up and grabbed some clothes. I decided I would take a quick shower as I undressed myself. When I was done, I walked out and finished putting away my things.
Billie leaned against the window sill and stared out blankly.
"Your mother's here."
♠ ♠ ♠
She, Green Day