Sequel: To Say I Love You
Status: in the process of re-writing

Tell Me When it's Time

This Love Has Taken It's Toll On Me(Billie's POV)

Mike stood im my room in shock at my choice of words. He was about to say something, but I held my hand up in protest.
"Mike, please," I said.
Mike sighed as he nodded. We heard the doorbell ring.
"I'll get it," Lillie shouted.
Mike and I walked out of my room, Tre walking from Lillie's, and headed into the living room as Lillie opened the door.
"Oh my GOD, you've come back!" Lillie exclaimed, tightly hugging the teenage boy at the door as he hugged her back.
"I couldn't stay away anymore," he said," and I've found what I needed."
"I'm so glad you're back, Jimmy!" Lillie excitedly said.
"Me too," Jimmy said before pulling Lillie into a fierce, passionate kiss.
I felt my heart shatter into a million pieces. My eyes started to sting as my vision started to blur.
"Billie, are you okay?" Mike asked.
"Yeah, I-I'm fine," I lied. "I'm gonna go downstairs."
Mike nodded as Tre just stood there in awe at the kissing couple.
I stood beside my piano and ran my hands stressfully through my hair.
"Damn you, St. Jimmy," I muttered," damn you, damn you."
I kept rubbing my hands through my hair until my nerves finally calmed down. I knew it wasn't right to love Lillie the way I did, but I couldn't help it. She was better off with Jimmy, not me.
I walked over to the bench in front of the piano and sat down. My fingers absentmindedly played random keys of an unwritten melody. Then, I started to write down some lyrics.
"When you're dreaming with a broken heart," my voice harmonized with the keys. "And your soul starts to drift apart. And you're sick of trying, and feeling like your dying. When you're dreaming with a broken heart."
I felt a tear escape my misted eyes as I kept on playing the keys of the beautiful melody.
"Yeah, when you're dreaming with a broken heart. Your heart's being crushed into a million pieces. And tears flow down those pretty eyes. And those sickening lies, causes yourself to fall apart. Yeah, that's what happens when you're dreaming with a broken heart."
I grabbed my black acuostic guitar as I played keys with my right hand, I then started to strum the guitar.
"You think about everything you've done, and it makes you want to run, cause you're losing the fight. It'll take all your might, but could you please, please stay with me?"
I placed the guitar against the wall as I played keys with my right hand again.
"Can you look me in the eyes, and tell me everything's allright? When I'm the one dreaming with a broken heart?" I finished.
I stood up from the piano and put my guitar back on it's hook. I walked over to the piano and grabbed my lyrics as Lillie walked downstairs with Jimmy, their hands lace together.
"Dad," Lillie said.
"Yes?" I asked.
"Can Jimmy live with us?" Lillie asked. "His parents don't want him back.
"Sure," I said, doing very well at faking a smile.
As Lillie walked up stairs with the saint, a little of my heart died.
♠ ♠ ♠
poor Billie...
title credit: This Love, Maroon 5