Status: Main Priority

I Am Happy, That's Just the Saddest Lie

It's All Said and Done

I knew that I had to face reality sooner or later, so I signed on for this new movie called The Last Song. I had to go over the script with the other stars of the movie, so I caught the red eye to LAX. After I got off the plane, I headed to the studio, where I saw other people with scripts. I played Veronica in the movie. She is a rebel that goes to see her dad for the summer, falls in love, tragedy strikes, blah blah blah.

I started reading lines with my love interest, Liam Hemsworth. As he spoke, I just basked in his gaze. He was gorgeous; I could definitely get used to kissing him on camera. A few moments later, the door opened loudly, and I looked over curiously, as if it didn't matter who walked through the door. But when I looked in the eyes of the person who just walked in, it felt as though someone had just knocked the wind right out of me. There stood James, leather jacket and all, staring at Liam with envious eyes.

After Liam finished his line, I had one more left. I had to keep repeating it because I stuttered so much. I could feel James staring at me and it must've been the most awkward thing ever.

"Liam, Marley" the director, Toby, said. "This is James. He'll be playing Marcus, the flamethrower who likes Veronica. Marley, you'll be reading lines with him next"

Perfection. Why does God hate me so much. Honestly, what did I ever do?

"Hey" James said, breaking the icy silence between us.

"Hi" I said quietly, holding eye contact for one moment before looking down.

"Look, I really need to talk to you. Do you want to go to lunch after?" he asked, as if his life depended on it.

"Sure" I said, barely above a whisper.

"Okay, good" James said, smiling a real smile.

After we finished reading lines, James waited for me outside. When I saw him, he greeted me with a kiss on the cheek; something I didn't return. James noticed and started to fill the void of silence between us.

"Marley, are you honestly okay? Because I don't believe you" he said, his brown eyes looking at my blue ones.

"James, I'm fine. I don't really know why lunch is necessary but…" I couldn't even think of how to finish this sentence.

"It's necessary because I need to talk to you. I've been a real asshole and I wanted to formally apologize. I never ever wanted to hurt you, ever. I love you Marley, I always will; and I know you probably don't want to be with me but I want to be with you and I was wondering if you could find it in your heart to give me a second chance. We can make up for lost time. I'm serious about this, Marley, no more funny business. I wanna be with you and only you…. So, what do you think?"

"James, this is all going to fast. I mean, I've been waiting for this day to come but now that it has, I'm not sure if this is what I want anymore. I need time to think. When I've made my decision, I'll give you a call, okay? And I promise it'll be soon. I love you, James. I always will" I said.

James then bent down and kissed me. It felt so good, just like old times. It was one of those kisses like in the movies, the magical ones. That's how it always felt with James: just like a movie. A movie that I never wanted to end.