Status: Main Priority

I Am Happy, That's Just the Saddest Lie

You Know How It Be When You Start Living Large

All my life I've wanted to be an actress. I grew up and auditioned for every play in town. I could play almost any role, it was like second nature to me. I fantasized about one day being like Sandra Bullock or Gwyneth Paltrow to name a couple. I wanted people to know that dreams do come true, even for girls like me.

It's not like I had an unfortunate childhood, my life was good. I was never teased, I was a cheerleader in high school, and I dated the quarterback from the football team. That is, until I found out he was cheating on me. With my best friend. I found out the night of prom, when I caught them in bed together. Then I vowed that I would never let a guy put me through what Chace did ever again.

That was two months ago. Now, I'm fresh out of high school and I got a role in a comedy with Seth Rogen and James Franco. It's called 'Pineapple Express'. I flew to LA to audition and three weeks after I got back home to Boston, they called and told me that I had gotten the part. The part I was playing was a girl named 'Polly' and she was James Franco's character Saul's sister. She ends up getting involved when they are being chased by drug lords. According to the lines, she's pretty funny for a stoner.

Now, I'm all packed, and I'm moving into a huge house in LA right near James and Seth, who I have had yet to meet. I'm not going to lie, I'm pretty stoked. As I got my luggage off the belt, I saw a sign with my name on it. I walked over to the limo and the driver opened the door for me. He brought me all the way to my house in the Hills, where my family, consisting of my dad Ivan, my mom Melania, my brothers Tommy and Shane, and my sisters Anastasia and Bridget would be moving into next week, whereas I would unpack my things today.

"Wow this place is amazing! Thanks for the ride George" I said to my new driver politely.

"No problem Marley, call me if you need me!" George replied, driving away.

This house was huge. As I walked inside, I saw my boxes that the moving guys had dropped off. I immediately searched the house for my perfect room and found it. I took the paint that I requested be in the art room and brought it to my new bedroom. I painted it yellow and spent almost the rest of the day unpacking and decorating it, along with the kitchen which was already done.

After finishing my room, I had to shower to get the paint off of me. After I blow-dried my hair it was 7 o'clock and I didn't know what to do. I didn't know anybody in Hollywood, so what was I going to do? I decided to go explore my new neighborhood. I ran back up to my bedroom, put on some jean shorts and a cute cardigan and then put on a pair of gladiator sandals. I grabbed my BlackBerry and my Chanel over-the-shoulder bag off of the kitchen counter and walked out of the door, locking it behind me.

I wandered around the neighborhood for about fifteen minutes before finding a cute little coffee shop. I walked inside and ordered a chai latte. I went to put sit down on a comfy couch and pulled out my hard copy of Lauren Conrad's book, LA Candy. It was by far my favorite. I eventually lost track of time and before I knew it, they were kicking me out so that they could close their shop.

I walked down the sidewalk and walked into my house, feeling very bored. I then remembered that I had an audition for a movie that was going to start filming after 'Pineapple Express' wraps. The other movie was called "Dear John" and it was one of my favorite Nicholas Sparks books. They hadn't cast the leading man yet, so I didn't know who I'd be running lines with yet. The audition process was going to be all day long, and they said I'd be running lines with many different guys. That is, if I get the part, which I really hope that I do.

I woke up at 8:30 the next morning and made some coffee. I got dressed, put on some makeup and drove my Mustang to set. There was a lot of people on line. Seven hours later, they told me the good news. I would be playing the lead role of "Savannah" in "Dear John". I was absolutely ecstatic.

They told me that I had to run lines with four more guys. I heard the door to the audition room open, but my sister Anastasia (Ana for short) was calling, so I didn't get a good look at the guy who just walked in. Actually, I didn't look at all, so it could've even been a girl, who knows.

"Marley! How's LA? Did you get the part? I'm so excited to see you! Not seeing you in a week has made me so depressed!" Ana told me all in one breath as soon as the word 'hello' rolled off of my tongue.

"Ana, it's amazing, I absolutely adore it! I miss you too, it's so boring without you or anyone else from the family here!" I replied. "Oh, and I got the part!"

"Yay! I'm so happy for you!" Ana squealed excitedly.

"I know, this is all happening too quickly. It's so exciting-"

"Marley? Marley Petrova?" I heard a male voice coming from behind me, saying my name.

"Ana, I've got to go. I'll see you guys in a few days. Tell the rest of the family that I love them. Bye" I said quickly, pressing the end button before Ana could respond.

I spun around and came face-to-face with the most dreamy looking guy that I have ever seen in my entire life.

"Are you Marley Petrova?" He asked me curiously.

"Yeah, I'm Marley" I replied shaking his hand.

"Awesome, I'm James. I'm auditioning for the part of John" he replied, shaking my hand back. "Wait a sec, you're playing Polly! I was wondering when I was going to meet you!" He then hugged me tight, and when he released me I looked at him strangely, then put two and two together.

"Your James Franco aren't you? You're playing Saul?" I asked him.

"Yeah, I'm gonna be your brother and if I get the part of John, I'll be your boyfriend. Twisted, huh." He said, chuckling.

I giggled. "Yeah, it is"

"Well, if it's any consolation, I'd much rather be you're boyfriend than you're brother" He said, winking his right eye quickly, and laughing a cute, shy, little laugh. Before I could respond, the crew was getting us into position.

The director then told us, "Okay, we're practicing the scene when John and Savannah have their first kiss with one another. Anndddd, action!"

I looked at James, who smiled at me. I just stood there and gulped, I was kinda nervous.

Anastasia: Image
♠ ♠ ♠
If you all didn't figure it out, Marley is played by Amanda Seyfried. I know that there's no Polly in Pineapple Express, but I thought it'd be a good idea. Anastasia is played by Elisha Cuthbert, and James Franco is playing his beautiful self. I hope you loved it! Comment, rate, subscribe! I'm shooting for some comments before updating, so please comment ! :)

xox, Gracie <3