Status: Main Priority

I Am Happy, That's Just the Saddest Lie

I've Got Some Issues That Nobody Can See

It was James . I couldn't believe it. I honestly thought my eyes were deceiving me. I really couldn't be mad at him because we've been broken up for months. I just watched as he strolled into the living room, holding my sister's hand. I would give anything to be in her position now, especially since I know that he didn't cheat. I also came to the conclusion that he didn't tell Ana we dated, because she wouldn't have been romantic with him whatsoever. She wasn't a backstabber.

James made his introductions and I was last in the line. He looked at me and I silently urged him to act normal and professional.

"Marley, it's very nice seeing you again. It's been quite a while" he said to me, adding a believable chuckle for effect.

"Yeah, it's good to see you too; it's been a long time" I said, trying to keep my voice from shaking.

"Well, now that we're done with introductions, let's eat!" Ana said happily. She had no idea; she was clueless about the past of James and I.

"So James" my mother said, breaking the ice "how did you and my darling Ana meet?"

"Well, Mrs. Petrova, it's a funny story actually" he said, laughing along with my perfect older sister "It all started when-"

"Excuse me… Sorry to interrupt you James, but may I be excused?" I asked my family; I couldn't put up with this anymore.

"Of course sweetie, are you feeling okay?" My father said.

"Yeah, dad, I'm fine." I replied.

"Okay, well feel better, we'll see you soon" my mother said. I got up and hugged my sisters, brothers, parents, and then there was James.

"Wait, Marley! Before you go, I have to announce something that you guys need to now" Ana piped up "James and I are getting married in two weeks!"

My jaw dropped. Two weeks. My sister and the man I loved were getting married in two weeks? I decided that when I got home, I was going to watch 27 Dresses, at least Katherine Heigl would know what I was going through. After Ana's outburst, I got up and hugged my sisters, brothers, parents, and then there was James.

"It was nice seeing you again Marley, I hope to see you soon. We should maybe catch up sometime. Feel better" he said, smiling and giving me a quick hug that was finished as soon as it begun.

"Um, yeah, you too. Thanks" I said quietly, before grabbing my jacket and leaving.

I walked out of my parents' front door and walked down about five steps before sitting down. I then buried my head in my hands and proceeded to cry. I just couldn't look at them together. I was filled with so much sorrow and regret. I felt absolutely terrible. I would give anything to go back in time and change my actions the day I kicked James out. I heard the front door open and thought nothing of it, and hid my face in case it was Ana.

"I knew you weren't okay" I heard a voice say. I looked up to see James.

"I'm fine" I said, wiping my eyes and getting ready to stand up and walk to my car.

Before I could, James sat next to me and said, "Look Marley, I'm sorry. I didn't know she was your sister; but what was I supposed to do? Let you go on with your life while I moped around?"

"James, I was the one moping, not you. I was the one who thought she was cheated on, not you. I didn't know what to believe. I didn't see any cameramen. I saw you, and I saw Mila. Did you think I would believe you? Honestly? It's like you seeing Channing and I making out in my dressing room. Tell me you wouldn't overreact."

"Okay, I get where you're coming from; but I didn't cheat on you. I just want you to know that" he told me with much intensity in his eyes and voice.

"I know." I told him simply.

"You do?"

"Yes, I do. I was at the awards show last night and I saw the tape. I realized it was right before I came in. I don't feel hate against you anymore. It's okay. If anything I should be saying sorry"

"Mar, I should say sorry; I should've told you and then we wouldn't have fought and broken up and things would still be perfect."

"Why can't they be perfect now James? I don't understand" I said, crying hysterically at this point.

"I can't do that to Ana. I love her. I want to marry her. You and I should just be friends." I continued to cry and he held me tight, kissing my forehead. "Marley, I'll always love you; believe me I will. I just don't think I want to ruin my relationship with Ana. If I'm making a mistake then I'll realize it eventually, but for now, I think this is the right thing to do. It's best for the both of us"

"Oka-a-ay" I said, my voice shaking as I still cried "I-I-I'll always lo-love you t-to Ja-ames"

"I'm sorry" he said one last time, hugging me tight. I released myself from his grip and said, "It's okay. I'll see you at the engagement party"

"Okay. Bye Marley" he said quietly.

"Bye James" I replied.

After our goodbyes, James walked back into the house and looked at me one last time before waving and shutting the door. I waved back and then walked to my car, started up the ignition, and drove away. I didn't know where to go. All I know is that I wasn't going home. I made a quick call and went the opposite way of my house, en route to Shia's house.
♠ ♠ ♠
Please comment, rate, and subscribe or else I won't update :/ and I like writing this story.
xox, gracie