The School Life is the MiRiKi Friends!

The Play Part 3

~The Day of the Play~

“Alright kids. Let’s get a move on! The show starts in 15 minutes. Rin, Setsuko! No sword play backstage! Kisa, leave Daisuke’s candles alone! Mink please try to control them!”” Ms. Kobayashi yelled rushing from one place to another, trying to get everything ready before the show started.

“I’m trying!” Mink desperately responded also rushing about like a maniac. Everyone else was busy finishing up the last little touch-ups to their costumes or props. Finally it was time to start.

“Come on Yuzu, you’re on,” Ms. Kobayashi pushed the girl forward, watching nervously as the others quickly got into their places.

Meanwhile out in the audience, many of the parents and students were getting restless.

“Oh I hope they start soon!” Aunt Miyuki Shiga said impatiently. “Daisuke and Kisa both have leading roles, and I can’t wait to see them perform!”

“I’m sure it’ll start any time now dear,” Granny Yoko Soniko chuckled from her seat.

“Mink refused to tell me what she was, but Setsuko’s Gaston. That’ll be fun to see,” Mama Usagi Sugisaki added.

Grandpa Mokoto Soniko pipped in, “What’s Rin again? The Beast was it?”

“Oh no! I hope her and Setsuko don’t do something drastic to get into trouble!” Mama Usagi nearly shouted fearing the worst.

“Our kids? You must be kidding!” Mama Imari Nagi said with heavy sarcasm as she took her seat with her husband. “Emiko’s just one of the twins but I’m sure she’ll get dragged into some sort of scheme with Rim and Kisa.”

“A mother can try to hope for the bets,” she replied as Aunt Miyuki nodded her head in agreement.

“I’m sure all will be fine,” Granny Yoko smiled as the lights dimmed and a spot light shone on the narrator as she took her spot on center stage.

“Welcome ladies and gentlemen! We welcome you to the show. We all hope you have a good time and enjoy!” Yuzu said as the curtain rose. Soft music started playing and the lights on the stage dimmed even more. Yuzu moved off towards the side of the stage starting her narration.

“There once was a selfish prince, everything her did was for himself and himself alone. One fateful Christmas eve a lowly, old, beggar woman came to the beautiful castle, seeking shelter form the cold.” As Yuzu spoke people started moving around imitating her words.

“Please, please let me in for the night,” the old beggar cried.

“Upset about the intrusion, the prince himself came to the doo.”

“What do you want?” Rin dressed as a handsome prince yelled.

“Please, just some shelter, for this rose.”

Rin looked away in disgust. “There is no way I would ever allow an ugly old hag such as you into my beautiful castle. Now leave, get off my doorstep!”

“Suddenly the old woman turned into a splendid young woman.

“You who can’t see true beauty will be cursed forever. You and your house will remain as ugly as your heart until the day comes that you love and receive love in return,” she said turning the house dark and the lovely prince into a horrible monster.”

“Nooooo!!” Rin yelled falling onto the floor with her hands to the sky as the curtains fell.

“Good job guys! Let’s go! Let’s go!” Ms. Kobayashi and Mink exclaimed pushing students to their sports and trying to keep their eyes on their trouble makers.

><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><

“Reading again I see,” Setsuko approached Kisa, snatching the book out of her hands.

“Hey give that back Gaston!” she yelled, making the “sheep” around her scatter.

“Only if you marry me Belle,” Setsuko said with an odd glint in her eyes.

“You flatter me,” Kisa blushed, thinking about the offer when she spotted Mink and her death glare from backstage for not sticking to the lines. “However I must decline. You don’t want someone like me. Glancing back over at Mink she saw her nod, good job with the death glare still in place.

><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><

“Ms. Kobayashi, are you sure they can do this part?” Mink asked worriedly walking Kisa approached the “”castle”.

“They’re going to have to, and I swear if they screw it up I’ll give ‘em F’s!”

“But you don’t get graded for the cultural festival work,” Mink stated confused even though she semi agreed with the teacher.

“Oh I’ll find a way; everyone’s worked much too hard for those two to ruin it!”

Mink slowly backed away from the crazy eyed teacher, praying her friends would get the scene right.

><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><

“No! I won’t eat with him!” Kisa shouted at the door.

Rin, standing up straight growled back, “Fine, starve up here for all I care!” before stomping off.

“She’s so mean,” Kisa whimpered before flinging herself onto the bed crying. The audience so entrapped by the story never noticing the slip up. While Mink twisted up her script nervously.

><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><

“Months pass by and winter creeps into the castle,” the narrator spoke as snow started falling. Kisa and Rin walk out looking like they’re skating. They start throwing snowballs at each other when suddenly, Rin start’s singing.

“What is this feeling? Have I finally found a friend?’ the audience and every on stage cringes at the horrible noise coming from Rin.

Mink panicking about the unscheduled song quickly grabs her costume and rushes out onto the stage tackling Rin to the ground. Whispering Rin could barely say, “I. Just. Wanted. To. Sing.”

“Ruff, Ruff” Mink growled as the curtains quickly fell ending the scene for the break.

“Rin must never sing again!” Miyuki stared at the stage, dumbstruck.

“You should hear her in the shower every damn morning! No need for an alarm clock,” Grandpa Mokoto grumbled.

“Well I for one can’t wait to show the boys. So sad they couldn’t come. It’s one of the funniest things I seen in awhile.” Granny Yoko laughed filming all the parents.

“I don’t think it’s supposed to be a comedy,” Aunt Miyuki said quietly as the curtains rose again.

><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><

“Belle will marry me! And I start by killing you Beast!” Setsuko yelled jabbing her sword forward.

Rin just growled jabbing her sword forward as it snagged onto Setsuko’s costume ripping it slightly. Both girls looked out each other dramatically pausing.
Furious Setsuko forgot her Lines swinging the sword madly. “How dare you rip my clothes!?”

“It’s not my fault you clothes are cheap!” Rin yelled equally getting angry. Both swinging their swords as hard as they could towards each other.

Kisa not liking the violence jumped out. “Stop fighting you two right now!”

Mink meanwhile was watching from behind the props hidden from view with Ms. Kobayashi. As Ms. Kobayashi looked on with tears in her eyes Mink took her frustrations out on her costume, tearing the pillow into pieces.

Kisa tried to get closer to the fighting girls but so tripped over her own feet running right into Rin’s sword.

All three stopped and stared at the sword that had been conveniently pushed underneath Kisa’s arm. Swaying Kisa fell backwards off the heightening stage, whispering goodbye for the last time.

Rin fell to her knees with her head in her hands silently crying as Setsuko was still positioned like she would catch the falling girl.

Quickly the narrator yelled the end as Mink, no longer paralyzed headed for the trio. The last thing the audience saw before the curtains were drawn was Mink being held back by the crying Ms. Kobayashi.

In the audience the only one to stand clapping was Granny Yoko. The rest of the audience was stunned into silence while Kisa, Mink and Setsuko’s Aunt and Mom tried to sneak away as fast as possible.
♠ ♠ ♠
Finally Done!!!!
It took forever but I finally finished it!
I hope it makes you all laugh like I did writing it!
~Kisa