Status: Just started :D

Down The Line

Just another day of High School.

I pressed the off button on my alarm clock.
My face was stiff, as it is every morning. I massaged it a bit to loosen it. Only when I take a shower will it go away.
I turned on the water, undressed, and waited for it to heat up. My family’s water heater isn’t that great. But I can deal.
As the water started to get hot, I jumped in. A nice, hot shower was what I needed. I guess I slept on my neck wrong, so it was all tensed up. The soothing water loosened my neck to the point where it was almost limp. In a good way, though.
The water turned off. I shook my feet a little to get some of the water off as I went to get my towel from the white linens closet. The towel wrapped around my body like silk; it was so warm and soft.
Anyways, I did all the hygienic things like brushing your teeth. Then I went to get dressed in a yellow shirt tee shirt and some faded jeans. Normal clothing, I guess. Nothing really special; just normal girl clothes. It’s the same as everyday.
I checked my blue clock.
“Oh, no, I’m going to be late for the bus!” I exclaimed.
I normally eat a good breakfast, but you can see that I’m in a rush, so I just snatched two slices of bread and my backpack and went out the door.
I was right; the bus was going to come soon. After a minute of waiting, it came. I could hear the chattering of the kids while people were getting on.
Now if I can just find a seat.

When I entered my high school, my friends swarmed towards me.
“Hey, Maggie!” They all yelled in unison while laughing.
“Hey, guys,” I responded with a grin.
“We want to invite you to a party. A college party,” Michelle told me, putting too much emphasis on the word college.
She got a bright green slip out of her pink polka dot purse.
Michelle looked into my chocolate brown eyes deeply as she casually said, “Invitation-only. So don’t loose this.”
“Okay.”
One question: How’d she get the invitations? I decided not to question.
The bell rang, suddenly. It startled me a little, and my friends laughed so hard they couldn’t breathe.
My friends were still giggling as I walked goofily in between them to first period.