Sequel: A Cry or a Scream

A Word or A Letter

Child of Someone

Six years have passed, and I have decided I need a change of scenery. I chose Japan.

Ichabod and Tom both got married. Tom has a child and Ichabod’s is on the way.

I’m currently in the airport waiting for my flight. It should arrive in about five minutes.

I feel a nudge against my leg. A small child, with large blue eyes and strawberry blonde hair.

“Are you lost?” I question, hoping she speaks English.

“No, I’m at the airport,” she answers.

“Where are your parents?” I ask, scanning the surrounding area for older, concerned people.

“At home, I think.”

“Where are you headed?” To this, she did not have an answer. “Listen, go to that man over
there, he’ll get you home.” I pointed to a worker near our seats.

“Flight 667, now boarding.” I walked along to my terminal, showed my ticket, and got on the plane.

When I was seated near the back, I did not expect anyone to sit next to me.

“Hi sir!” I nearly jumped out of my seat as I heard the same little voice next to me as three minutes ago.

“Why are you here?” I question dumbfounded.

“I’m coming with you!”

“No, you’re not!”

“Passengers, please take your seats. We are preparing to leave,” came a woman’s voice over the intercom.

I groaned. Looks like we have a stowaway.