Romance Is At Fever Pitch

Chapter One

Being in a band has been my life dream, and when you finally make it big it's usually very overwhelming. Well, for me, it's wonderful.

My band originated in London, England. We have been together for six years but we have known each other since we were little kids. Since the age of seven, I have always wanted to sing and my big brother as always encouraged me. He is three years older then me, and look up to him as role model. He is a very talented guy, and I love him a lot.

Well, back to my band. It consists of five members; my big brother Trev and my three best friends, Danny, Jimmy, and I. I'm the lead singer, Trev plays the bass, Danny plays lead guitar, Jimmy plays rhythm guitar, and CJ plays the drums.

Altogether, we are Fever Pitch.

One day after practice, our tour manager Steve came running in.

“Guys, emergency meeting...NOW!" he yelled in haste.

“Hey! Hold ya horses! What's the emergency?” I asked while jumping down from the stage. The stage was in an amazingly small venue that we are due to play in this evening in Camden, London.

The rest of us all gathered around Steve in the small venue, waiting patiently.

“Well, I dunno...you want to sit down for this,” he said, raising his eyebrows.

“Come on! Stop beating about the bush and spit it out, God damn it!” Jimmy said with crossed arms. He looked a bit worried to be honest, he is such a worrier...pansy.

“Okay. Chill, Jimmy!” he sighed, looking at Jimmy worried look.
“Well, I have just gotten a phone call from a very important person. They seem to have a lot of interest in you. It was PR from Reprise WB records. They want you to sign with them and go on tour with one of their more successful bands in America," he said in one long breath.

Steve just stood there and looked at each one of our faces. We all looked a bit shocked, none of us blinking. To be honest, I was in a gobsmacked overload. We have a chance here to sign to a major label and tour with a band. I wonder what the band will be! I snapped out of my trance and decided to speak

“Erm...wow...I am just...this is what we been waiting for guys!” I said, deciding to break the silence.

“Claire, we gotta sign with them! Remember when we were little and I told you 'Let's never miss any chance to make it, so we gotta take the chance!',” my big brother said while holding my hand. I turned to look at the others. They all looked like they were pleading with me to say yes.

I turned to Steve and said, “Where do we sign? Get them back on the phone now!”

Steve gave a nod and ran off to make the call. My band gathered around one another and I said, “Guys, this is the beginning of something special and let's have a fucking amazing time!”
♠ ♠ ♠
edited by my friend moony thanks hun!